Why don't I get high?

Bryher

420 Member
Hi, So I'm a fairly new medical marijuana user, using it to help with sleep. It def helps with that and allows me to get off my Rx! But....I'd also like to enjoy the high feeling. I feel great and high from alcohol. But all I get from medical marijuana is a loss of short term memory and a slight, empty feeling.
I should call out I don't want to smoke or vape so all I've done is tinctures (drops or sprays). And So far I've mainly used two products available to me:

- Soothe by Ilera Formulations
- Relax by remedi Jane

Oh, also I live in PA

Is this just how its gonna be for me or are there other types I should try?

Thanks Skunksa. This is what I got from iheartjane and other sites

THC 2.42%​

CBD 0.01%​

"each bottle of Relax Indica Tincture contains 4.5ml of Spray Tincture that delivers 2.5mg of THC"

Ok so the bud grown now adays THC (the high) content is in the 20%s higher in most cases.So you want more of a high
explan to the the dispensary im sure they have something.I would say dont go mad but 10% maybe alittle higher.Guess
its how stoned you want to get.Test test test start of low work your way up.

ok cool. thank you! that gives me something to start with. when you say "20% higher", higher than what? 20% higher than the 2.42% I posted?

Well the bud im growing now has no cbd content only THC and on the pack its 25% not saying that im that good of a grower or the seed i started with is really that strong.But i expect %20 at least.Most medical bud is higher in CBD content than THC hence the more calming effect not so stoned.And of cause all the health benefits that come with CBD.

@Emilya If u ask nice this lady has a world of knowledge on this subject.Grows her own cbd and much more search
her if she does not pop by and read her journals one will have alll the info you need in it.

Hi @Bryher and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
It's not all about the THC level, part of getting high also involves the CBD content and the terpenes (the smell and taste) that are natural to that strain. I have had 14% THC pot blow me away and I have had 22% that I can barely feel. Everyone's bodies respond differently to this stuff, and a strain that works for me, might not work for you. Keep experimenting and when you find a strain that works for you, grow some seeds so you can recreate it anytime you like. I am about to do that myself, and am preparing my next run to be an old favorite to help me sleep, Tangerine Dream.

Tinctures and topicals are definitely not the most efficient way to get high. The pathways from your skin to your brain are not very efficient, certainly less so than ingesting the pot in some way. Edibles are a good way to go if you can handle it, but I find that experience to be too intense for me most of the time, so I mostly enjoy smoking the stuff in a variety of ways, pipes, bongs and joints rolled with very thin paper. There are also ways to disperse the smoke into a large area so that you can sit in a tent or put yourself in a bag filled with that smoke, that allows you to normally breathe, but still get the smoke, and this method works for some people. I have a relative that prefers that method and can not smoke a joint without gagging.

I will also say that many people don't experience getting high at first, even smoking great pot. A pot high is much different than the feeling that one gets from alcohol, and much more subtle. Pot is a psychotropic drug and considered a mild halusinagenic, not a depressant as alcohol is, so if you are looking for that same sort of stone that one gets from drink, it will not be there. Pot remaps parts of your brain and while it is active, parts of your mind that are not usually as active, can come into focus. Many new smokers of pot experience paranoia from not being able to understand these new feelings and new enhanced observations of the world around them. Someone on psychotropics is much more aware of subtle things in their environment that are normally missed, especially when dulled out on alcohol. For most people, the "high" experience is a learned one... that isn't quite understood at first or until one starts to recognize the enhancements in perception that come along with it. This enhancement can actually become permanent, as many long term and heavy users of pot will attest to... there is a belief out there that microdosing with psychotropics actually causes the two sides of your brain to be in better communication with each other, actually making the patient MORE intelligent over time.

Good luck finding what best works for you. It is out there... just keep working on it till you find it, and please, get away from the alcohol... pot is much much better for you in the long run.

Thanks Phytoplankton and Emilya! Ok let me digest all of that and take it with me when I go to the dispensary later. Also Emilya I wrote to you in your profile re: reef tanks.

Back
Top Bottom