Wicked newbie

NoMorePharma

420 Member
I’m a serious green newbie and am not sure if I’m doing things right as I’m not able to locate the “step-by-step” guide book. I started my germ using White OG on 1/26/21 in these 3” pots with an organic seeding soil which I use for my standard flower seeds I start yearly: no nutrients in it. I’m using standard LED grow lights ( again, that I use for growing all of my flower seeds), water is nutrient-free, but PH balanced & watered every 2-3 days based on soil dampness, light cycle is 18/6, and they are on seed heat mats ( this is extreme stealth as my room is on the side of house where a local cop visits neighbor).
There are 2 of these that I’m I find problematic, in my mind.
Can someone tell me if these look as they should for 12 day olds? What/when my next step?

5EDFBF05-3620-4667-A62A-FF032D4EEA1B.jpeg

A7FF20C9-BB17-4538-96E5-42D811CA4DDF.jpeg

9A2FD2BD-E546-412C-9FA3-18D117FA51AE.jpeg

35EE1186-7463-4AD7-B1A6-2801612A7FD8.jpeg

12252315-3F39-44B6-82F7-1BEAF62E0FB1.jpeg

F5A9F871-806F-440D-A8D1-69CFBB02212A.jpeg

C3A428F3-6D5B-4A40-B4D3-1C15E172020B.jpeg

72BC9A3F-9DEC-4EC4-B017-53438C10C623.jpeg

A569453B-3AC1-4980-9E31-6D8368825B9C.jpeg

Greetings :thumb: you are in the right place for help. They are looking good, sometimes they start a bit slow. Are these photos or autos?

Try this: How to grow Marijuana for everything you need to know. There are many members here who will chime in and can assist in being stealthy.:straightface:
Here are some Sponsors who can help with all of your grow needs also.

Hey Pharma,

Welcome to the site. I’m going out on a limb here to say... that soil looks like coco coir and yes coco coir is organic. It’s important to know exactly what the mix is - if that‘s possible. Do you still have the bag?

Soil and coco look pretty much identical but are treated very differently. Hope you get settled in nicely, more folks will drop in later.

peace out

Hey Pharma,

Welcome to the site. I’m going out on a limb here to say... that soil looks like coco coir and yes coco coir is organic. It’s important to know exactly what the mix is - if that‘s possible. Do you still have the bag?

Soil and coco look pretty much identical but are treated very differently. Hope you get settled in nicely, more folks will drop in later.

peace out
This is the item that I have always used when starting veggie gardening so I thought it would work well. What advice would you give..ie..different type soil ( your recommendations, nutrients, etc)?

5D139C86-06A9-400D-A360-91F912567A43.jpeg

No problems, but yes that’s coco coir. You are ok but you will need to add nutes very soon. There is a small amount of NPK added based on bag label 0.06 - 0.03 - 0.03 but that’s not going to last long.

So when you transplant what grow media will you use then? There is a difference between soilless (running either coco coir or pro-mix hp) and a true soil (like Fox Farms, a supersoil or LOS - a living organic soil)

The soilless mixes are just a plain substrate for your plant but soilless grows are treated as drain to waste hydro - so hydro rules apply. They must be bottle fed nutes since coco or pro-mix are inert and have zero nutes for the plant.

For example coco needs ph set at 5.8 to 6.2 you never let the media dry out, no plain water ever, you feed quarter strength nutes every day, feed to slight runoff so old nutes are flushed out each time as new nutes are delivered. Feed 1X per day to start, when plant gets bigger feed 2X per day, in flower feed 3X per day.

For simplicity a lot of growers use mega crop, it’s a one and done nute mix, you measure by weight like 1 gram per gallon and read the plant, then either stay at same dose or adjust up to 2 grams per gallon depending on the plants response. There is another one and done by geo-flora it’s an organic dry mix and you add 2 teaspoons as top dress every 2 weeks and water in (one package for veg and another package for flower) We have many growers here skilled at MC or geo-flora so others here can help guide you.

If you use FF then they have a whole system of nutes and feeding schedule to run, there are other options like Coots mix supersoil or a water only living organic soils, the soils feed the plant you just add water, but it takes time to purchase the ingredients, mix the soil and allow it to cook for 30 to 90 days. For true soil grows ph gets set to 6.5

Part of this will depend on your location and the availability of grow shops or online sources in your area, based on the Burpee bag I’m assuming US or Canada. I think you would do well with megacrop and you may want to stay with coco as your media to keep it consistent. Pick up a ph pen, calibration fluid & storage fluid if required for whatever pen you decide on also a bottle of cal-mag. However don’t just go on my word here, see what other replies come in.

Back
Top Bottom