Newby here

also I just got in the mail today the fox farm trip nutes. I’ve heard this stuff is pretty good
I also use fox farms soil and nutes... They can build up heavy salt residue so flush system may be required.

also I just got in the mail today the fox farm trip nutes. I’ve heard this stuff is pretty good
I like the Fox Farms nutes. You should also get some cal-mag, might not need it now, but you will. Fox Farms makes one called Bush Doctor,and it works quite well. I'll steal Bill284's advice on mixing nutes (thanks Bill!), first the cal-mag goes in the water, mix it and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then add nutrients, mix again, let it sit again for 15 minutes or so, then PH the water to about 6.2. Bone meal is helpful, but it does take a while to be adundantly available to the plant.

I like the Fox Farms nutes. You should also get some cal-mag, might not need it now, but you will. Fox Farms makes one called Bush Doctor,and it works quite well. I'll steal Bill284's advice on mixing nutes (thanks Bill!), first the cal-mag goes in the water, mix it and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then add nutrients, mix again, let it sit again for 15 minutes or so, then PH the water to about 6.2. Bone meal is helpful, but it does take a while to be adundantly available to the plant.
Hey @Phytoplankton thanks but it's @Rexer Who we have to thank for this little gem.
Take a copy quick. ;)

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20220121-122247_Chrome.jpg

I have the fox farm trio and bone meal. I can’t find any cal mag around here.

I have the fox farm trio and bone meal. I can’t find any cal mag around here.
Bone meal will help, but it can take a while before biological activity makes it available to the plant. Some will be available to the plants immediately, but it can take up to 4 months for the bone meal to fully break down. During that period do not re-apply bone meal. Keep looking for cal-mag.

The nodes are not even alternating yet, that plant is still a baby, definitely not sexually mature.
What do you mean?

Here is what is meant by opposing (first drawing) and alternating nodes (second drawing) ,when the nodes start alternating the plant is mature:

download.jpg

Please see this photograph which show the defined areas of the early female cannabis pref flower.

full

When your cannabis plant is sexually mature and ready to flower the plant shall display these at the upper new growth areas adjacent to the nodes on the plants branches and stem.

If a immature plant is forced to flower both the the growth and harvested quantity are stunted.

Hey @Phytoplankton thanks but it's @Rexer Who we have to thank for this little gem.
Take a copy quick.

Stay safe
Bill

Screenshot_20220121-122247_Chrome.jpg

change the order if mixing 24 or more hrs ahead. calmag goes in last if you premix the base nutes. just add before you ph and feed.

otherwise stick to that recipe.

It is probable that your issue can be corrected and the grow progress normally.

I would re calibrate your pH meter ASAP before proceeding.

1) re calibrate your pH meter weekly to maintain accurate measurements.

2) . Calcium deficiency and phosphorous deficiency.

3) there is a best order of operations to add the nutrients in, adding the nutrients randomly or in improper order will create a nutrient lockout.

Plants grown under LED lights require additional calcium and magnesium.

when mixing nutrients and adjusting the nutrient mixtures pH you must allow waiting time to approximately 12 - 20 minutes to allow the pH to balance after initial adjustment. the buffering effect of calcium excetera will first display a reading then pH buffer rebound shall change resultant pH of the mixture.

While adding the nutrients if you use a calcium supplement the calcium supplement must be added first to the water.

if using a calcium supplement in hydroponics do not allow the pH to rise above 6.3 otherwise the calcium will precipitate to a solid in suspension and not be absorb able by the plant.

to restore the grow medium to a neutral state requires pH adjusted water be slowly poured through the medium leaching out the salt buildup and other harmful substances. Measure the runoff waters pH to determine if further flushing is still required.

If you have a 1-5 gallon sprayer to wash and flush your grow medium .

I would flush your rock wool and hydroton grow medium with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water until your runoff pH is 5.8.

All hydroponic grow mediums require flushing with clean water to remove manufacturing chemicals such as mould release agents and machine lubricants from the grow medium before use.

Mix the nutrients well into your solution.

the order in which i adjust and add nutrients is

initial pH adjustment
Calcium supplement
Micro nutrients
Grow nutrients
Bloom nutrients
final pH adjustment

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soilless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a different soil nutrient availability chart

phnutrcombo11.gif

Back
Top Bottom