Will indoor plants survive being moved to another location temporarily?

I have a house inspection every six months and I was wondering if I can move indoor plants to another location for say 3 hours, or will this stress them out too much?
Aye, so what's the plan? just sneak away the plants for a bit or are you gonna tear down that big tent you have your eye on each time?
Maybe best to plan to be in between grows around that time

Aye, so what's the plan? just sneak away the plants for a bit or are you gonna tear down that big tent you have your eye on each time?
If it is just a matter of moving the plants and leaving the tent the inspectors might become very curious as to why it is there sitting empty.

So, you might have to figure out some reason for its existence. Maybe move the plants somewhere safe and put flowers or vegetables into the tent until they leave. Then you have to figure where to put those flowers or vegetables until the next time the inspectors are coming around.

Something that might seem minor now but that tent could take more than 3 hours to tear down and pack up. And another 3 hours to unpack and put back up. Add in moving the plants somewhere else and bringing them back and it could easily become a two day project.

Dismantle the tent and stash it in the van, and move the plants 30 minutes drive away to another location for a few hours.

I calculated I can get in 3 grows per year (I think?) but only two grows per year if I have to grow in between. That means for four months of the year the tent will be sitting there doing nothing.

Something that might seem minor now but that tent could take more than 3 hours to tear down and pack up. And another 3 hours to unpack and put back up. Add in moving the plants somewhere else and bringing them back and it could easily become a two day project.
I didn't know it would take a while to dismantle a grow tent, I assumed it would be pretty straight forward pulling it all down and putting it back together again.

Dismantle the tent and stash it in the van, and move the plants 30 minutes drive away to another location for a few hours.

I calculated I can get in 3 grows per year (I think?) but only two grows per year if I have to grow in between. That means for four months of the year the tent will be sitting there doing nothing.
For three hours, leave the plants in the van!

Yep. Just leave it in the van. Do you have some house plants you could pop into the tent like orchids or something similar. Then you can make some excuse about pre winter hardening or something. Hopefully they don't know much about growing. But yes, the van is going to be your easiest and quickest option.

Make sure it's high quality tent material if you want to break down and build up again often.

Also growing indoor during Summer can be a challenge depending on the situation you got.

I might opt for more but smaller setups? that you can rig up and take the entire tent in the van? Of course depends on the size van we're talking about as I'm picturing one where I can stand in the back.
Like if I take my light and plants out I can pretty much move the rest of the tent as a whole as it's all strapped tight, but yeah it's not 3 meters wide of course;

I like the idea of regular plants or foods in it as a lot of people are buying these setups these days for well less contested plants.
Although a big light setup like that might still be frowned upon, regarding fire hazard or whatnot.

I didn't know it would take a while to dismantle a grow tent,
Based on the tent you mentioned in the other msg...https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/how-many-ounces-can-i-grow-using-this-tent.536713/

It is a large tent, probably larger than most beds. I have seen college dorm rooms for one student that were about that size. That tent you were considering is 10 feet by 5 feet by 6 and 1/2 foot tall.

Unless you can get someone to help it will take awhile to get all the accessories out of it like the lights, fans, etc. Then the time to take it apart enough to get it out of the house and into the van even with two people helping each other. Even if it is taken down there is a very, very good chance that you will not be able to fold it back up and get it into the box it came in so somewhat awkward to carry to the van. Then there is the weight. It might take two people to comfortably carry it.

Grow a few tomato plants and a yellow squash along with your " other plants". Move the girls and leave the rest in place. Hard to find fault with tomato's and squash growing for edibles.

Back
Top Bottom