Will moving my plant further away from my lights help it to grow taller?

popolino77

i am growing a early miss auto it is 12 days old above soil the plant is short with big leaves. i only filled up my 2 gallon flower pot 75% with soil and my plants leaves are about to touch the walls of my flower pot . is this bad ? and will moving my lights further from my plant help it grow taller ? i want my plants leaves to get out of my flower pot

Moving the light source further from the plant will promote stretching.
as for the pot issue, I normally fill my pot I am transferring the smaller pot up 1st with soil then take a container the same size as the one the plant is in and finish filling the pot so that the top of the plant is between 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch from the top of the pot. I gently tap the soil around the empty pot then pull the empty one out which leaves a perfect sized hole for my transplant. Then I will sprinkle a small amount of Mykos or other type of natural root enhancer in the hole. Flip the plant over and take off old pot and drop into the hole I have created in the new pot. Done, perfect fit every time.

Ideally you do not want to have leaves touching the soil or pot since that gives insects another path to get up onto your plant besides the trunk. Also you are going to want to have air circulation.

Back
Top Bottom