Are you supposed to increase the amount of water you feed your plant as it grows?

popolino77

My early miss auto is going on 3 weeks old above soil. I have it in a 2 gallon flower pot filled up 75% with soil. It only takes 9 to 10 oz of water to get run off out of my flower pot. Will i have to give my plant more water as it grows ?

Short answer. Yes.

How often are you feeding? Almost sounds like youre under watering.

As plants grow, so does their appetite and the need for nutrients to fuel the growth.

I was watering it every day but not enough water for there to be any run off and the leaves started drooping and getting slightly curled so i let the soil dry out for 3 days and i started watering it every other day. Even though i over watered my plant and the leaves started drooping and curled a little it had no effect on the growth my plant is full for its age at almost 3 weeks old it has 6 sets of leaves and i have leaves with 7 fingers

They'll dry out faster the bigger the roots get. Get in the habbit of only watering when they need it, and thoroughly water. I wait until I can stick my finger in the soil and feel no moisture(about 4 inches down), then water to runoff. Usually my plants need water every 5-7 days.

They'll dry out faster the bigger the roots get. Get in the habbit of only watering when they need it, and thoroughly water. I wait until I can stick my finger in the soil and feel no moisture(about 4 inches down), then water to runoff. Usually my plants need water every 5-7 days.

You must be using a big flower pot. I am scared to stick my finger in the soil i dont want to damage the roots and kill my plant

Would automatic water spikes work to keep my plant watered? I probably will wind up not watering my plant rite i would rather have a automatic way to water my plant. Do you know of any automatic watering system's that would work ?

Would automatic water spikes work to keep my plant watered? I probably will wind up not watering my plant rite i would rather have a automatic way to water my plant. Do you know of any automatic watering system's that would work ?

Under watering is better than over watering. As long as you can check on your plants a couple times a week(in soil), it's not going to die. Sticking your finger in it won't hurt, but by mid flower I can't stick my finger in the pot at all, too thick of a root structure.

I've had great success with swick system. Basically you can't mess up watering with it.

SWICK Watering Systems - Letting the Plant Water Itself

Under watering is better than over watering. As long as you can check on your plants a couple times a week(in soil), it's not going to die. Sticking your finger in it won't hurt, but by mid flower I can't stick my finger in the pot at all, too thick of a root structure.

I've had great success with swick system. Basically you can't mess up watering with it.

SWICK Watering Systems - Letting the Plant Water Itself

I been watering my plant evrey other day Today i watered my plant and it took 15 oz of water to get run off out of the bottom of my flower pot the last time i watered
It only took 9 oz of water to get run off out of the bottom of my flower pot. Is this normal ? And should i get water run off every
Time i water my plant ? I am worried i over watered my plant watering untill i got run off

Under watering is better than over watering.
No doubt. Under-watering can be solved in a couple hours, over-watering can take days and days. If you're wondering if you are under or over-watering, you're over-watering.

I been watering my plant evrey other day Today i watered my plant and it took 15 oz of water to get run off out of the bottom of my flower pot the last time i watered
It only took 9 oz of water to get run off out of the bottom of my flower pot. Is this normal ? And should i get water run off every
Time i water my plant ? I am worried i over watered my plant watering untill i got run off

Use the lift the pot method, don't count days except as interesting data. My first four autoflowers are 28 days above soil and have been watered three times, excluding the first four or five days when I was doing what you are, before i came to 420mag and got taught up.

Back
Top Bottom