Will night vision cameras interupt a flowering cycle?

Cona

You know.....those security cameras with night vision lights. I believe they emit a range of light invisible to us but what about our green girlfriends?

I just got a nice 4 camera unit with DVR hard drive and web access...pretty sweet protection for my home and autos.

Cona

I don't know an answer to give you but great question....!!! I'm curious on what the answer will be?

I guess I could just try and see.....someone has one of these over their backyard crop Im sure...

I do. I am actually unsure if it will mess with their flowering as I haven't grown with the IR camera before. It uses infrared lights to see in the dark, a light we cannot see.

I heard that if when the lights are on, if when you look at the IR lights, if they look red, then it might affect your flower cycle.

However, if you are growing autos, who cares. I keep my 13w cfl on 24 hours, and my grow lights on 18-6 for autos.

the infrared spectrum is the far red in wavelength and is available for use or interruption of plants.
yes the cameras infrared is affecting the plant but only if the camera is continually going and the distance from camera is in close proximity

Most night vision cameras use IR light, similar to what's in your remote. In fact, usually, it's those LED's that are used in a remote control. A few of the really expensive ones will be labed as full spectrum. These ones can use either or both IR and UV light. But, since the full spectrum cameras are usually either cheap and junky, or rather expensive, most video cameras that offer night vision are only in the IR spectrum, since removing an IR hot mirror inside with just a plain piece of glass, and to allow full UV, you'd have to get a custom optical glass lens put back in.

But, if you're talking nightvision spotting scopes and the like, those are usually just IR only.

Back
Top Bottom