Will this produce 1lbs or so

A 4x4 should easily hold 4-5 of those plants, so drop the WW, Kish, MamaMia, and Cheese! Four plants is plenty to start and you will get several ozs from each. First time just get into it and you will improve on each successive grow. Don't overwater, don't overthink. Get good soil, germ those babies, and get growing. :goodluck:

That was my first take. Too many seeds. I think 3 is ideal for a beginner, so I would germinate 5. You will probably lose one or two. If you end up with all five, it will still work fine. I'd go for 5 gallon fabric pots as your final transplants.

Get a timer to switch your lights on/off. I have a basic manual one. Less to go wrong.

Since you've already bought nutrients get the FF soil to go along with it. I've not used it, but aside from comments of it being hot for seedlings, it's a well established brand. There are a few types, so make sure you understand which one you are buying, and at what PH you are suppose to water.

Your lights are good. Just use one for veg and early flower. Put the other one out about 2 weeks into flower.

Start a journal. For a beginner that is probably the most important thing you can do. Make up a feeding chart as part of your journal. You have got to write everything down or you will forget to do something at a critical point. When something goes wrong (multiple things will) it really helps to be able to look back. If you want us to look over your shoulder, do one on this site as well. I use a combination of a spreadsheet and Word to create a journal that includes photos etc. It really helps on your next grows to see the earlier ones.

As Blew Hiller said, "... germ those babies and get growing." You'll love it.

Thank you all for the information. My plan is to get the tent up and everything installed test the environment for a col days then germanate my seeds and start that away I know what my temps will be I won't know about the humidity but that will come with the plants right?

Buy yourself a humidity and temperature gauge, some small fans that you can clamp to the frame, or one to fit to a vent to push air in. Nothing needs to be expensive. Try to avoid anything with lights (extension outlets, dehumidifier) or remember to tape over them. Speaking of which, duct tape is always useful. I use it to attach the filter to the extractor. If you don't already have it, I'd get some CalMag and root stimulant.

Soup to nuts your grow will take around 4-5 months. Weed likes temperature in the 60-80 range (lights on - 68-77, lights off 62-72). If you are going to be above or below that for a significant amount of time, you should probably plan to adjust. Having said that I have been outside of that and it turned out OK. We don't have AC where I live. I don't know where you live, but one of the ways to deal with heat is to have your lights running at night and off during the day. Humidity is not really an issue until flowering when you want to avoid high humidity because of the chances of mold. At the start you can stick clear plastic cups over your seedling to amp it up. Don't worry about working out bugs before you start. You have plenty of time to do that.

I have one of those gauges. I read somewhere that you really don't need to do that with seedlings because they take what they need through their roots not their leaves is this not true
Seedlings need high humidity (domed) this is due to the leaves working much like roots until the plant can establish it's root system. 70-80% RH for a clone or seedling (sprout).

Humidity can be pretty critical so i may suggest a device like this as high RH above 70% & greater may induce bud rot, ye RH changes with lights off as well also depending on where you live in the world so this not a straight forward answer buddy !

911961-a239687128b0e110dfd66abed6f4d372.jpg

This will aid in keeping or at least knowing your grow environment conditions those led panels will pump out some heat then you will need a suitable exhaust / inline fan to deal with it & to provide adequate air flow for the plants to breath.

Stale air will equal crap yield o_O

Ventilation must be considered ...

Knowing good temps / humidity is part of good growing & what you can get away with a little either side of the sweet spot, that takes a few grows to master maybe more or some good old fashion research :eek:

I'd settle for the white widows at first, if all 5 are successful you could be looking at 1/2 lb for your first grow & that would not be to shabby for a first timer. Those others could be trained as mother plants which clones may well be taken from to which more plants could be grown to increase yield other wise you may wish to look at training methods this may prolong veg time but over all enhance yield.

As one may ponder over all that juicy goodness & ye it can be a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom