Wizas Revolving Autopot System - Eleven Roses

Aloha Wiza, I'm definitely in. I am in mid-build for a stealthy set-up, very similar dimensions as yours. Curious to see those autopots in action too. Almost pulled the trigger on Eleven Roses but ultimately replaced it with Sugar Black Rose. Maybe your grow will inspire me to add ER to my next batch of seeds!

Pomaika'i!
Sup HoBrah!
Any journals or forums on your build bro?? Would be keen to take a look. Cant go wrong with Sugar Black Rose mate it didnt win 30 cups for nothing!! I hope the auto pots do well i have read mixed reviews but the majority are happy with the results.

morning mr.W, how the fledglings doing.
@Wizz, I saw 2 days ago that Herbies had a spec on 11roses....

Have a great day....:Namaste:

Good morning smeeeegol!

The youngins are good mate.. growth up top has defintly slowed a wee bit but from what i read thats pretty normal at this stage while they develop some roots below.

You have a great day too buddy :Namaste:

Some good progess today. Airdomes are in. In my opinion air domes are crucial in an auto pot system. The problem with autopots, is it only floods the botton inch or 2 of the pot. That doesnt refill again until the plant has absorbed it. There is no negative pressure pulling fresh oxygen to roots like other flood n drain systems. One system i was tossing up between used pumps and timers to flood the pot from the bottom to top and them drain every 15mins. This created a lung type system as the water drained out the bottom, it pulled fresh air into the pot, filling up pushes stale air out. Unfortunately I didnt have the required space for that system. The airdome will force fresh air into the bottom of the pot resolving that issue.

Here they are

Unfortuatly i didnt get a pic but i have the hydroton balls just covering the domes. The hydroton balls at the bottom is crucial to create good drainage, stops the coco getting all soggy and clogging up.

I was concerned the girls were getting to cold so i have transplanted them into the big cab as the temps are perfect in there.

I also should mention i have an 600w MH conversion bulb in there. I have raised it to about 3ft so its not to intense for them.

They look so tiny in there!!

Some good progess today. Airdomes are in. In my opinion air domes are crucial in an auto pot system. The problem with autopots, is it only floods the botton inch or 2 of the pot. That doesnt refill again until the plant has absorbed it. There is no negative pressure pulling fresh oxygen to roots like other flood n drain systems. One system i was tossing up between used pumps and timers to flood the pot from the bottom to top and them drain every 15mins. This created a lung type system as the water drained out the bottom, it pulled fresh air into the pot, filling up pushes stale air out. Unfortunately I didnt have the required space for that system. The airdome will force fresh air into the bottom of the pot resolving that issue.

Here they are

Unfortuatly i didnt get a pic but i have the hydroton balls just covering the domes. The hydroton balls at the bottom is crucial to create good drainage, stops the coco getting all soggy and clogging up.

I was concerned the girls were getting to cold so i have transplanted them into the big cab as the temps are perfect in there.

I also should mention i have an 600w MH conversion bulb in there. I have raised it to about 3ft so its not to intense for them.

They look so tiny in there!!
Bro this amazes me and intrigues me so much! So happy I caught it from the start. Never seen or even read anything about these type systems i closed my mind off to it if it didnt relate to how I wanted to grow. Gotta say you are a craftmans!

Sup HoBrah!
Any journals or forums on your build bro?? Would be keen to take a look. Cant go wrong with Sugar Black Rose mate it didnt win 30 cups for nothing!! I hope the auto pots do well i have read mixed reviews but the majority are happy with the results.
Yeah, those Cups are what swayed me in the end! I hope the autopots work too. Finding an automated watering system for a box grow would be a big missing piece for my setup as well. I was going to try drip feed DTW and was working on the plumbing design when I saw your journal.

I got da double-shaka from the old lady for indoor grow...but only if the grow box looks like furniture (at least at least at a glance) and gives off no smell. She enjoys the final product and our ohana knows what's up, but she wants to keep it on the down low for casual guests who stop by. So that is the challenge.

It is currently being built and I took some pics along the way. If it pans out, I will likely preface my first journal here by talking a bit about the box. It's not gonna be super special (other than what goes inside!) and if we had an Ikea store, converting a piece of furniture would have been so much easier! We shall see what happens, I am still a couple of months from launch.

Yeah, those Cups are what swayed me in the end! I hope the autopots work too. Finding an automated watering system for a box grow would be a big missing piece for my setup as well. I was going to try drip feed DTW and was working on the plumbing design when I saw your journal.

I got da double-shaka from the old lady for indoor grow...but only if the grow box looks like furniture (at least at least at a glance) and gives off no smell. She enjoys the final product and our ohana knows what's up, but she wants to keep it on the down low for casual guests who stop by. So that is the challenge.

It is currently being built and I took some pics along the way. If it pans out, I will likely preface my first journal here by talking a bit about the box. It's not gonna be super special (other than what goes inside!) and if we had an Ikea store, converting a piece of furniture would have been so much easier! We shall see what happens, I am still a couple of months from launch.

" I got da double shaka" haha bro that had me cracking up.. Im in a similer boat, got the green light from the missus but don't think she quite had in mind what I built lol.

See how my system goes and if will work for your setup, they come in all shapes in sizes from single pots to 24 pot systems.

Be sure to tag me if you ever start a journal!

Week 1

I finally made it to week one! Felt like an eternity!

Not too much to report, growth definitely slowed right down. I have been quite concerned that the growth is slower than it should be and something is wrong. Been researching like crazy to compare other peoples "week 1 seedlings". Some are slightly more ahead but not by much.

Let me know you think, feel free to throw up some of your week one pics to compare. Might put my mind at ease. Also concerning me is the center of the plant where the leaves grow from, is a lighter greener than before, quite a light green, is that a deficiency??

Im probably just overreacting as usual. Also been reading up on the whole 24/7 vs 18/6.. pretty split down the middle but its seems more of you are running the 18/6 giving the girls a sleep. I was running 24/7 so yesterday I chucked a timer on to 18/6 and it I feel a bit better about that.

Here they are!

This guy seems to be the star of the show

Cheers
Wiza

Back
Top Bottom