Wizas Revolving Autopot System - Eleven Roses

Week 5

Alrighty, Week 5 done and dusted. Not too much to report. Happy with where its going. Temps are getting lower than I would like during lights off.. Got down to as low as 7 degrees Celsius. 16 - 21 with lights on.

PH 5.8 - 6.0
EC 1.2

The big news is I topped them this morning. Something I haven't done before so a little nerve racking!

Here they are before top, doesn't matter what I do, the one on the front left doesn't perk right up, always slightly droopy. At one stage during the week I got sick and left them dry for 2 days, they all were showing signs of being under-watered, turned the res on and they bounced back, but that one just doesn't go back to full perkyness. No idea!!

And here they are after topping.

The new growth on the front left looked pretty good, she will probably do great moving forward. Try not to pay attention to the older leaves, once they are jacked not much can be done to bring them back.

On the mothers, make sure you have a "keeper" quality plant first and foremost. I know there is no way to know yet, but if you have the space and extra time, keep these plants as temporary mothers and take some clones. Grow out the clones and harvest them (they don't have to be full size, just looking for good traits and quality of finished product). Make permanent mothers of the ones you like best and flower/harvest the temp mothers that didn't make the cut. Growing out clones adds a few weeks but I am a believer in having the original plant from seed as the mother rather than one of her clones. The other benefit is you can get more experience with your system and really start to dial it in.

Either way, looking good, but try to get those temps up. Your plants will thank you!

Plant new seeds for mothers next run.
- Dont flower these plants just move them straight into the mother cabinet. maybe just flower 1 or 2 of them.
- Clone off these while in veg, grow the clones out to become mothers. then continue on and flowering these ones

Im leaning towards the 3rd option

Mothers - what I do is clone most everything in VEG. Keep those plants in VEG until after harvest - they will already be mothers at that point. After trim and test smoke, select your best from the clones you have. Cull what is not worthy (the hard part).

Now you have mothers. Take cuts from the mothers and cut them down short and let em grow back again. They will grow back trust me. I've got mothers I take the loppers to every so often and cut em down to like 1 or 2 branches and add some compost to the pot. VEG forever. From the cuts you have another set of mothers. I've been growing a few strains this way for years.

Don't listen to anything about genetic drift. That's BS someone not understanding genetics. I've literally TORTURED my mothers. Cut them down, let em go droppy, let em dry out, let em live with mites for a while and then let them dry out.... good genetics will stand thru that and come out the other side same as it ever was. I treat my mother plants like they are crack ho's. They never let me down. If they do, I've got backups. Just keep them in smallish containers and dont feed them... just give them a cup of quality compost every few months

Trick is selection... must choose wisely.

1aegkh.jpg

Don't let your reservoir temps get lower than say 12C - water gets cold and takes time to warm up. I let my room temps get to 10C but my RES temps not that low. I have a large RES so it takes a while to get it to change temps. Cold water on roots will stress plants. OK in VEG - in flower not so much.

Can add a fish tank heater with thermostat to your res to keep temps higher. You will be surprised. Warm roots + cold air = colors in flower.

The new growth on the front left looked pretty good, she will probably do great moving forward. Try not to pay attention to the older leaves, once they are jacked not much can be done to bring them back.

On the mothers, make sure you have a "keeper" quality plant first and foremost. I know there is no way to know yet, but if you have the space and extra time, keep these plants as temporary mothers and take some clones. Grow out the clones and harvest them (they don't have to be full size, just looking for good traits and quality of finished product). Make permanent mothers of the ones you like best and flower/harvest the temp mothers that didn't make the cut. Growing out clones adds a few weeks but I am a believer in having the original plant from seed as the mother rather than one of her clones. The other benefit is you can get more experience with your system and really start to dial it in.

Either way, looking good, but try to get those temps up. Your plants will thank you!

Sup Hobrah

Cheers for the advice mate.. I have re routed the intake from outside air to inside in from the room next to the shed. It's not insulated but anything helps at the moment. Lowest temps around 10 degrees now. Looking for a cheap heater for that room.

Mothers - what I do is clone most everything in VEG. Keep those plants in VEG until after harvest - they will already be mothers at that point. After trim and test smoke, select your best from the clones you have. Cull what is not worthy (the hard part).

Now you have mothers. Take cuts from the mothers and cut them down short and let em grow back again. They will grow back trust me. I've got mothers I take the loppers to every so often and cut em down to like 1 or 2 branches and add some compost to the pot. VEG forever. From the cuts you have another set of mothers. I've been growing a few strains this way for years.

Don't listen to anything about genetic drift. That's BS someone not understanding genetics. I've literally TORTURED my mothers. Cut them down, let em go droppy, let em dry out, let em live with mites for a while and then let them dry out.... good genetics will stand thru that and come out the other side same as it ever was. I treat my mother plants like they are crack ho's. They never let me down. If they do, I've got backups. Just keep them in smallish containers and dont feed them... just give them a cup of quality compost every few months

Trick is selection... must choose wisely.

1aegkh.jpg
Bobrown your advice is invaluable! I was leaning towards that direction but you have confirmed it for me..

I treat my mother plants like crack hoes!! Bro you had me falling of my chair in laughter!!

I will follow your advice to the T and get my pimp hand out for these bitches.

Don't let your reservoir temps get lower than say 12C - water gets cold and takes time to warm up. I let my room temps get to 10C but my RES temps not that low. I have a large RES so it takes a while to get it to change temps. Cold water on roots will stress plants. OK in VEG - in flower not so much.

Can add a fish tank heater with thermostat to your res to keep temps higher. You will be surprised. Warm roots + cold air = colors in flower.

Once again, great advice. My RES temp is currently 9C I will grab a heater tomorrow. What's the sweet spot for RES temp?

This strain does have some purple tendencies so warm roots cold air could be amazing. :Namaste:

I will get my pimp hand out for these bitches.

That ^^^ only the strong survive... unless keeper. I usually wait until I have backups to start neglecting! hahaha

9C is pretty cool for the RES. I like to keep it above 14-15C or 60F (USA here). The cold temps slow down growth.

Plants look fantastic... I usually trim all the btm leaves that are close to or touching the soil. Seems to help the plants grow a little taller and keeps the leaves off the dirt.

That ^^^ only the strong survive... unless keeper. I usually wait until I have backups to start neglecting! hahaha

9C is pretty cool for the RES. I like to keep it above 14-15C or 60F (USA here). The cold temps slow down growth.

Plants look fantastic... I usually trim all the btm leaves that are close to or touching the soil. Seems to help the plants grow a little taller and keeps the leaves off the dirt.

Thanks bobrown, I have a heater in the res now, sitting at around 20-22C. probably a bit high, just dialing it in.

I will trim the leaves tomorrow, there are a few touching the ground.

Week 6

Topping has definitely done its job. Nice short bushy plants. Lots of side growth coming out of everywhere. great for the clones I'm taking this week.

2 of the girls are showing alternating nodes... woooohooo!!

Mother/Clones cabinet getting some overdue attention

Did you get a heating mat with that setup ^^^ ??

I put a heat mat under that - I have the same setup. I put a light hand towel or dish towel in between the heat mat and the clone station. Seems to help keep the heat regulated and to too hot!

G/L with cloning. Sometimes its hit or miss with me. Gotta keep everything CLEAN.

Did you get a heating mat with that setup ^^^ ??

I put a heat mat under that - I have the same setup. I put a light hand towel or dish towel in between the heat mat and the clone station. Seems to help keep the heat regulated and to too hot!

G/L with cloning. Sometimes its hit or miss with me. Gotta keep everything CLEAN.

Hey mate yeah I've got a heat map as well. I might put a towel between mine too. Some of the cubes are drying out a bit too fast.

HEy Wiza... I have like a 225 liter (60 gal) res. I have to fill it 1x a week now can go prolly 10 days until its down to the outlet. I've got some VERY large plants right now tho and it's summer time. When its hot, they drink a lot of water.

I'm water only so I dont worry about the res water cept I don't want it to get down to the outlet. Once that happens I have to clean the tubing and valves. So try not to let that happen.

I have a few other reservoirs for water but right now this round I'm using the 225ltr flexi tank. I have a hard tank thats 75gal but I'm using that one outside right now!

My ladies right now will drink about 3 liters of water a day per plant. My plants are big tho and its hot out. I have 7 plants about to finish. Once they get to say 35 days in flower they really start drinking a lot of water.
It's a Jungle in there:

Back
Top Bottom