Wizas Revolving Autopot System - Eleven Roses

Week 3

Sup peeps! I have reached the end of week 3. Really feeling settled into it now. Top feeding has finished and they are now being bottom feed by 100 litres in the Res tank. I didnt feed them for 2 days before switching the res on to encourage the roots to search. New growth went a lighter green during this period and they did start to slump a fraction. 1 day after the res on they perked right up and colour returned to normal. I stir the res 2x a day and PH adjust as it creeps up slightly

Here they are. Really impressed with these genetics. Growth appearing every where it can. The 600w MH conversion bulb is proving to be a worthy investment. Little to no stretch at all.

I havent given the girls names yet. Just numbers. 1-4, based on performance an leading candidacy for the mother plant role. Although I would ideally like to have 3 - 4 mothers anyway but space may not allow that.

All 4 girls

The star of the show, #1

This beauty is #2, what intrigues me the most about her,she appears to be a different pheno than the other 3, with shorter, fatter leafs. I need to do some homework and see if she follows after mum (sugar black rose) or dad (Appalachian kush)

#3, only slightly behind but I love her perkyness.

#4 doing well and only a fraction behind. Very even canopy of growth between the 4 girls.

Here is some pics of lower growth coming from the nodes. Quite blown away by this.

Here is my current recipe
Per 10 litres of water, so x10 for my 100 litre mix

Rain water EC 0.0
Silicate 1ml (mix well)
Calmag to 0.3 (5ml)
Rizotonic 40ml (this will be replaced as to expensive)
Fulife 10ml
Veg igniter 2ml
Cargo boost 10ml
Coco A + B up to EC 1.0 (10ml of each)

PH down to 5.8 - this takes a lot more now with the silicate.

Soon I will bump the final EC up to 1.2

Forgot to mention, I noticed some weird green algae shit appearing on top of the coco. After some research I found this normal and mother nature doing its thing. Basically light + nutrients = life so I just covered the top layer with more coco to block the light and now they are being bottom feed so shouldn't happen again. From what I read it doesn't do any harm but I didnt like the look of the smell!

Hey guys on the Pro-tekt. I use 1 tsp/gal water and foiler on. I don't water in with it.

Also I make Horsetail fern tea which is silica in spades and add a 1/4 cup to that to same gallon of water and also add a cap full of Fulpower (fulvic acid). Can foiler that mix on 2x a week. You don't have to worry about PPMs/PH etc. this way. Just a thought.

Here's something to think about. Try Calcium Silicate instead of Potassium Silicate (Pro-tekt) for soil treatment. I think you will find that one works best for foliar and the other works better for soil treatment.

Not sure about that thing about silica having a "flavor" or effect on flavor of plants?? Anecdotal evidence I'm thinking. I'm open to learn new stuff tho, so I looked for some science... and still looking.

Silica works with the plants immune system to help fight off pests and disease, so it very well could influence flavor in that way. Cannabis plants consider humans as pests ... we are probably right up there with ruminant animals. Plants hear/feel an animal eating them or a close by relative, and the plants turn on defense mechanisms. Crappy taste and or smells are likely part of that defense response.

Silicon (Silica) is right behind Oxygen as one of the most prevalent elements on earth. Gonna be hard to overdo the natural versions of it. Horsetail fern is one and its good for human consumption as well in a hot tea and how I make it for my plants. Add horsetails to a mason jar and hot water. Let steep and cool then into fridge. I use it 1-2 times a week in with my IPM routine with protekt and fulpower.

Reason I got into the Horsetail ferns was I was struggling with PM/Mold bud rot during my summer runs. I haven't had any molds since I started using it.

Wiza your plants look great btw.

Im seeing real thick stem growth and good health and heat resistance to my high temps in the plants fed with protekt diluted into my water before adding rest of nutes :) Foilar feeding has to be done when lights are off at a time when the plants arent absorbing any nutrients normally. If done wrong ur plant will be dead in 24hours. Done right u have a 15minute window after lights off to treat deficiencies in leaves but i dont really see how my plants are going to benefit from having silicon absorbed a small amount in leaves when i need it to strengthen stems.
I have 0 issue with my ppm or pH from protekt in coco!

Thanks guys some great info there! There definitely is some mixed opinions out there about silicate.

I have taken it all in but at the moment I'm still feeling the system out, the recipe I have currently seems to be working well so I'm sticking to 2 theories here, less is more and if it ain't broke, dont fix it!

Thanks stopping in though guys, more knowledge, more power.

Im seeing real thick stem growth and good health and heat resistance to my high temps in the plants fed with protekt diluted into my water before adding rest of nutes :) Foilar feeding has to be done when lights are off at a time when the plants arent absorbing any nutrients normally. If done wrong ur plant will be dead in 24hours. Done right u have a 15minute window after lights off to treat deficiencies in leaves but i dont really see how my plants are going to benefit from having silicon absorbed a small amount in leaves when i need it to strengthen stems.
I have 0 issue with my ppm or pH from protekt in coco!

You can foiler on anytime. You don't have to wait until lights out.

On the adsorption on the leaves from foiler. There's a thing called translocation in plants. Kinda like people... we can rub in an oil with meds on our skin and our bodies can move that medicine around in our bodies. Plants do the same thing.

They can adsorb thru leaves, can take up minerals thru roots and can actually take in minerals from the air as well. Some plants are so good at it they are used as fertilizers in organic farming. Nettles, Horsetail Fern, Dandelions, Comfrey to name a few.

My point is there are many ways for plants to take in nutrients. I just suggested that we gardeners can take advantage of a few of those different pathways.

It's worth our while to check these different methods out.

At some point you will need to begin a foiler regimen for pest management. Gardening world calls it IPM or integrated pest management. REALLY good time to add in some nutrients and foiler them on at the same time you're doing an IPM and why I suggested it.

Week 4

Just a quick update today. Will do a better one later.

Girls are going well. I think the autopot system may have been over watering. They wee looking a bit droopy. I switched the tank off and they are bouncing back.

Need to up me EC I can spot some slight deficiencies.

My big question is.. limited height.. when do I flip??.

Aloha Wiza,

Looking good in there! Yes, looks like might be a bit of over-watering on the front left. Is the auto-pot adjustable or does it have one "flow"?
Knowing when to flip to maximize height is always a best-guess situation. If you are topping or doing any training, that will increase your veg time (and bud sites). If you are going au natural, then you will want to flip sooner than later. Some give a big stretch, easily doubling in height, some just chug along. Bottom line, it's really a guessing game until you get in several runs with a specific strain and it's phenotypes. But with limited height, I would consider topping once or twice.

Aloha Wiza,

Looking good in there! Yes, looks like might be a bit of over-watering on the front left. Is the auto-pot adjustable or does it have one "flow"?
Knowing when to flip to maximize height is always a best-guess situation. If you are topping or doing any training, that will increase your veg time (and bud sites). If you are going au natural, then you will want to flip sooner than later. Some give a big stretch, easily doubling in height, some just chug along. Bottom line, it's really a guessing game until you get in several runs with a specific strain and it's phenotypes. But with limited height, I would consider topping once or twice.

Thanks brother. I am going to take your advice and top at least once. I need more time to set my cloning chamber anyway so this will allow me to veg a bit longer

Those plants are beautiful, How does the autopot system work?

:goodjob: Are the seeds feminized too? I think i missed if they were

Hi HG.. thanks for stopping by! The autopot floods the bottom of the tray and has a special valve that wont refil until empty. No pumps timers required. Still figuring it out, not 100% sure if I'm happy with it.. time will tell.

And yes feminized seeds :cool:

Top in early VEG 3rd to 5th node. After that not going to get bigger yields.

With yields, is that your goal? I would suggest you want to have a larger growing space and bigger containers.

That said - you wanna get the best yield for your setup. right?

Those plants look perfect - no over watering. Over watering we get necrosis (dead plant material). It's VERY hard to over water these plants after harden off. AutoPot wont do it.

Patience... they look great. No need to do anything other than what you're doing. Watch the plants and let them tell you what they like. It takes time. New system new genetics lots of variables. Best to do less and more watching.

These girls will only really like YOU, when there are flowers.

Teasing out those trichomes I'm finding is the real challenge.

Top in early VEG 3rd to 5th node. After that not going to get bigger yields.

With yields, is that your goal? I would suggest you want to have a larger growing space and bigger containers.

That said - you wanna get the best yield for your setup. right?

Those plants look perfect - no over watering. Over watering we get necrosis (dead plant material). It's VERY hard to over water these plants after harden off. AutoPot wont do it.

Patience... they look great. No need to do anything other than what you're doing. Watch the plants and let them tell you what they like. It takes time. New system new genetics lots of variables. Best to do less and more watching.

These girls will only really like YOU, when there are flowers.

Teasing out those trichomes I'm finding is the real challenge.

HI bobrown, thanks man really appreciating your input here, cheers!

As for yields my end goal is to maximize what I can, with what I got. It will take a few cycles to reach that potential. At the moment I'm more just feeling the system out, learning along the way.

The big question for me at the moment is when to setup the mother system.

I think these are my options

- Run the system through to harvest and get it sus'ed. Plant new seeds for mothers next run.
- Dont flower these plants just move them straight into the mother cabinet. maybe just flower 1 or 2 of them.
- Clone off these while in veg, grow the clones out to become mothers. then continue on and flowering these ones

Im leaning towards the 3rd option

Back
Top Bottom