Wonder twin power, activate! Shape of Hemp!

ok so i can't do number one.. so how would number two work? is there a youtube video or something you recommend. That shows you that. Cause like i said. i don't obviously. i don't want to touch the roots

I'm sure you could find something on youtube about making a diy DWC and that would probably give you some ideas since it sounds like you would have to rig something up if you don't have a way to fill or change the res. Are there no bulkheads on the sides of the reservoir or doors on the side/top that you can open or anything like that?

I'm sure you could find something on youtube about making a diy DWC and that would probably give you some ideas since it sounds like you would have to rig something up if you don't have a way to fill or change the res. Are there no bulkheads on the sides of the reservoir or doors on the side/top that you can open or anything like that?

No there isn't.

Some guy on youtube told me to put the top thats holding the roots on top of an empty bucket until i change my water. He said that it wouldn't hurt the plant if it stayed out of the water for a minute...

Also. Does joker have to worry about the temperature in the water? joker saw a youtube video where a guy just put a frozen water bottle inside the reservoir.. for like a chiller.

No there isn't.

Some guy on youtube told me to put the top thats holding the roots on top of an empty bucket until i change my water. He said that it wouldn't hurt the plant if it stayed out of the water for a minute...

That will work as long as you have net pots that fit on 5gal buckets. Just don't let your plant get too big or water changes and refills may end up being very difficult.

That will work as long as you have net pots that fit on 5gal buckets. Just don't let your plant get too big or water changes and refills may end up being very difficult.

by too big you mean the roots right? or did you refer to plant height? joker read somewhere that if you cut the top of the plant it'll stop getting taller?

yes, too warm and you will grow algae and too cold and the plants wont like it... 68-72f is about where you want to be.

Joker ordered the Bluelab Guardian Monitor. Thank you. What do you think of it? i think when it's refering to temperature is it meant for water or the air. joker thought it meant for the humidity but it might be used for water temp. now that i think about it.

by too big you mean the roots right? or did you refer to plant height? joker read somewhere that if you cut the top of the plant it'll stop getting taller?

Well I really meant the plant, but if the roots get too big to fit through the hole, that would be less than ideal too. Topping the plant doesn't exactly stop it from growing taller, but it will cause it branch out more.

Well I really meant the plant, but if the roots get too big to fit through the hole, that would be less than ideal too. Topping the plant doesn't exactly stop it from growing taller, but it will cause it branch out more.

Joker says that germinating and seedling stage is pretty annoying. It's been almost two days and the flower hasn't popped up yet. joker says he didn't want to try the paper towel method because he says that damages the seed. it's running on a 18/6hours bases.

is it possible to make it go any faster? or do you have to be patient?

Joker just put the seed in the root plug. without the paper towel method.

ps. When the plant gets too tall in flowering stage/ is it true that you have to "bend it" with duck tape or whatever to keep it growing? since the grow box is 3 feet tall.

Also how do you know when it's time to harvest. i haven't found an exact explanation on that yet..

you will have to do something to control height, you don't have much room in that box. you can bend and top to keep it short but it will double in height the first couple weeks of flower. As you are tight for room, you will have to to flower when your plant is short to keep it in the box. As for "harvest time" you will need a microscope or jewelers loupe to look at the trichomes (crystals on the bud). They go from clear to milky to amber, you want to harvest when the are going from milky to amber.

Joker says that germinating and seedling stage is pretty annoying. It's been almost two days and the flower hasn't popped up yet. joker says he didn't want to try the paper towel method because he says that damages the seed. it's running on a 18/6hours bases.

is it possible to make it go any faster? or do you have to be patient?

Joker just put the seed in the root plug. without the paper towel method.

Just be patient. It might take a couple more days.

seedling.png

so it finally. grew. It was planted on 10:53pm. on a wednesday. Right now it's sunday 12:29am

when it finally grows leafs. you take off the top right? joker saw it on a youtube video but i don't remember the reason why.

nut.png

Also here's the nut chart, i've been wanting to show you. Joker lend it to me. idk if you can clearly. see it..

JOker understands that when looking at this chart and it says week one. meaning you only put the nutrient one time... right? Until the week is over. I'm guessing you count saturday and sunday.. what do you think of this nut chart?
also it also came with a tsps raw measuring spoon.

Now lets say joker gets this crazy idea to plant two in the reservoir (on the top) is it too late? should joker just stick with one plant with right now? should he just use the paper towel method to speed things up and catch up with the other seedling? it's very tempting.

if joker does this.
Do you just times 2 on what it says on the chart? if its for both plants? like 1tsps x 2= 2tsps?

nut.png

Also here's the nut chart, i've been wanting to show you. Joker lend it to me. idk if you can clearly. see it..

JOker understands that when looking at this chart and it says week one. meaning you only put the nutrient one time... right? Until the week is over. I'm guessing you count saturday and sunday.. what do you think of this nut chart?
also it also came with a tsps raw measuring spoon.

Now lets say joker gets this crazy idea to plant two in the reservoir (on the top) is it too late? should joker just stick with one plant with right now? should he just use the paper towel method to speed things up and catch up with the other seedling? it's very tempting.

if joker does this.
Do you just times 2 on what it says on the chart? if its for both plants? like 1tsps x 2= 2tsps?

You can grow two plants off the same res. You want to use the same dilution for any nutrients you mix. Don't double the dosage just because you have two plants.
Also, most people don't top their plants until they are about 6-8 inches tall. If you top too early, your plant could die.

don't give any nutrients for a couple of weeks at least. just give it water let it grow till then. Start as many plants as you like, but your going to run out of room in that box if you put more than 1 in it. and no you do not double the feed for 2 plants. You need a ppm or tds tester. If you double the amount of nutrients you put in, then you double your ppm (unless you double the amount of water being used), both plants will feed out of the same res. Figure out how to mix the nutrients you have bought (read the bottle). Mix up some nutrient solution, then use the EC/TDS (ppm) meter to get your ppm, then thin it out with R/O water to 150ppm. This is what you want to start feeding with, in a couple of weeks, then slowly up the mixture as the plant responds to it. After you start feeding, within a couple of weeks you should be up to a full strength solution (about 500 ppm). hope this makes sense.

don't give any nutrients for a couple of weeks at least. just give it water let it grow till then. Start as many plants as you like, but your going to run out of room in that box if you put more than 1 in it. and no you do not double the feed for 2 plants. You need a ppm or tds tester. If you double the amount of nutrients you put in, then you double your ppm (unless you double the amount of water being used), both plants will feed out of the same res. Figure out how to mix the nutrients you have bought (read the bottle). Mix up some nutrient solution, then use the EC/TDS (ppm) meter to get your ppm, then thin it out with R/O water to 150ppm. This is what you want to start feeding with, in a couple of weeks, then slowly up the mixture as the plant responds to it. After you start feeding, within a couple of weeks you should be up to a full strength solution (about 500 ppm). hope this makes sense.

is "r/o" water the same as "distilled water"? what does "r/o" mean?

"then use the EC/TDS (ppm) meter to get your ppm, then thin it out with R/O water to 150ppm"

you kinda lost me after then.
since it's jokers first time using/measuring ppm.

i think you meant. By the time joker started feeding the plant it needs to be at exactly 150 ppm.

You can grow two plants off the same res. You want to use the same dilution for any nutrients you mix. Don't double the dosage just because you have two plants.
Also, most people don't top their plants until they are about 6-8 inches tall. If you top too early, your plant could die.

joker will keep that in mind. i thought you had to wait until it also grew the first four leafs? but i guess height counts too..

Also is it ok to start a "journal" here in the introduction or can i just move this whole thread to a thread where growers share their experience? it's also the first time joker is using this site.

Back
Top Bottom