Wonder twin power, activate! Shape of Hemp!

Jesus christ! is that graduated shot glass that accurate?! 15ml seems like a ton of nuts! judging by the looks of that glass! Thanks!

A standard shot glass is 30ml (or 1floz) (or 2Tbls) to the top. The spoons are definitely more accurate. The shot glass is just convenient for mixing bigger batches of nutrients (10gal+).

Soo joker has decided to go with tiger bloom, big bloom, grow big. reason is because the chart looks more accurate than the flora chart. What do you guys think? https://foxfarmfertilizer.com/images/pdf/hydroenglish2015.pdf

Foxfarm is a good line too. It'll be easier for you since their measurements are in tsp and not ml. I'm not sure if one chart is more accurate than the other. I do fine going by the flora chart, but whatever floats your boat. I think foxfarm performs best in soil, so maybe think about running an organic potting soil with it.

I know it seems like a lot of confusing information being thrown around to a new guy, but once this 'joker' fellow gets into the nutrient routine, this all makes sense. Check out this link for some basic feeding programs.
Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Also, here's an excerpt for the GH Flora series, which I use.

WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE:
Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

Also, for your first grow, I would suggest a simple medium to start with. If you want to try hydro, start with Hempy. I'd even recommend it over soil/soilless for a new grower. It's dead simple and very cheap. Pick your container, drill a hole 2 inches up, and fill it with 75% perlite / 25% vermiculite. Do a little searching/reading on this method if you're curious (I'm using it in the journal in my sig).

If you want to do soilless, I think one of the fox farms soils would be good. I used ocean forest for my first grow, and had some pH issues with it. If you do use it, I'd recommend adding perlite for better drainage and lime to stabilize the pH a bit.

Foxfarm is a good line too. It'll be easier for you since their measurements are in tsp and not ml. I'm not sure if one chart is more accurate than the other. I do fine going by the flora chart, but whatever floats your boat. I think foxfarm performs best in soil, so maybe think about running an organic potting soil with it.

Well can someone answer the Sledhammar question? Do i have to flush like it says on the chart every two weeks?? it seems kinda ODD thats why i'm asking.. before joker buys the Bushdoctor sledehammar foxfarm..

Well. "JOKER" is using rapid rooter starter plugs. Since it came with the kit. (I'm unsure if it's rapid rooter i'm just assuming since they look the same)

BY THE WAY. Joker says it's HARD AS BALLZ adjusting the PH. If joker is adjusting Ph in a 1gallon container. and Joker f*cks up on the ph down and goes too acidic. That means i have to throw the whole 1 gallon???

Well can someone answer the Sledhammar question? Do i have to flush like it says on the chart every two weeks?? it seems kinda ODD thats why i'm asking.. before joker buys the Bushdoctor sledehammar foxfarm..

Well. "JOKER" is using rapid rooter starter plugs. Since it came with the kit. (I'm unsure if it's rapid rooter i'm just assuming since they look the same)

You could get away with just water probably, but a flushing agent will help for sure. I just use yucca extract powder for my flushes (about 1/16tsp to 1/8th tsp per gallon). It's alot cheaper and essentially the same thing as sledge. You don't have to throw the whole bucket out if you put too much pH down or up in, just adjust it back to what your aiming for.

You could get away with just water probably, but a flushing agent will help for sure. I just use yucca extract powder for my flushes (about 1/16tsp to 1/8th tsp per gallon). It's alot cheaper and essentially the same thing as sledge. You don't have to throw the whole bucket out if you put too much pH down or up in, just adjust it back to what your aiming for.

is this the one you use?
61IdWFZYoEL_SL1000_.jpg

I've read somewhere that if you use both ph up and down. It can mess up the whole Ph and making it inaccurate.

aside from all of this. Any great clone machines that joker coulld use and keep jokers plants there for an infinite amount of time for veg cycle?

is this the one you use?
61IdWFZYoEL_SL1000_.jpg

I've read somewhere that if you use both ph up and down. It can mess up the whole Ph and making it inaccurate.

I use the kind from kelp4less.com. I don't think capsules are the way to go in this case.

A swing in pH won't make your pH test kit less accurate, if that's what you're saying.

Now, there is a whole science behind pH that I won't go into right now, but basically, you're correct, you really don't want to be swinging you pH all over the place because an acid or a base attaches itself to nutrient molecules and makes them unavailable to the plant. It has to do this to change the pH. So if you add alot of one and then have to add alot of the other, then alot more nutrients are going to have been used to affect your pH so wildly.

That being said, if you accidentally affect your pH too much, then just try to adjust it back. If it happens more than a couple of times to the same batch of nutrient solution, then maybe think about making a new batch. You should keep notes on (if you can't remember) how much pH up or down you need for each batch. Eventually you'll figure out exactly how much to use every time.

I use the kind from kelp4less.com. I don't think capsules are the way to go in this case.

A swing in pH won't make your pH test kit less accurate, if that's what you're saying.

Now, there is a whole science behind pH that I won't go into right now, but basically, you're correct, you really don't want to be swinging you pH all over the place because an acid or a base attaches itself to nutrient molecules and makes them unavailable to the plant. It has to do this to change the pH. So if you add alot of one and then have to add alot of the other, then alot more nutrients are going to have been used to affect your pH so wildly.

That being said, if you accidentally affect your pH too much, then just try to adjust it back. If it happens more than a couple of times to the same batch of nutrient solution, then maybe think about making a new batch. You should keep notes on (if you can't remember) how much pH up or down you need for each batch. Eventually you'll figure out exactly how much to use every time.

you've been a great help. Thanks for sticking around and answering all jokers annoying questions. obviously i have a ton of questions for joker and i wish more people would give their opinions but you can't force people to reply or to state their opinion so thanks for sticking by again.

my next question is. (I can't find the chart joker is using. on google.) it's a custom weekly feed chart for hydropoinics using npk inudustries RAW solubles amounts in Teaspoons per reservoir gal)

Joker has this chart here that's simple enough to understand. the only thing that missing is how many times a day or how many times a week do you give nuts??

if the chart doesn't say anything. it just says week 1/ week 2/ it tells you how much to put in reservoir.. but not how many times a day or how many times in one week...

Joker is pretty sure he has DWC or Bubble hydroponics...? He thinks. It's just a reservoir 1 gallon with a pump and an air stone... lights and a fan.

is it possible to take a pic of the chart and post it? i have no idea "how"

you've been a great help. Thanks for sticking around and answering all jokers annoying questions. obviously i have a ton of questions for joker and i wish more people would give their opinions but you can't force people to reply or to state their opinion so thanks for sticking by again.

my next question is. (I can't find the chart joker is using. on google.) it's a custom weekly feed chart for hydropoinics using npk inudustries RAW solubles amounts in Teaspoons per reservoir gal)

Joker has this chart here that's simple enough to understand. the only thing that missing is how many times a day or how many times a week do you give nuts??

if the chart doesn't say anything. it just says week 1/ week 2/ it tells you how much to put in reservoir.. but not how many times a day or how many times in one week...

Joker is pretty sure he has DWC or Bubble hydroponics...? He thinks. It's just a reservoir 1 gallon with a pump and an air stone... lights and a fan.

is it possible to take a pic of the chart and post it? i have no idea "how"

I'm not really familiar with NPK industries. You probably want feed everyday with your style of grow though. Maybe fresh water once a week.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I'm not really familiar with NPK industries. You probably want feed everyday with your style of grow though. Maybe fresh water once a week.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

joker hasn't started feeding nuts yet because he knows not to give nuts through out the seedlings/germination. stage. you start the chart once you see it pop up 3 or 4 leafs right?

it just has a good ph right now in the reservoir.

joker hasn't started feeding nuts yet because he knows not to give nuts through out the seedlings/germination. stage. you start the chart once you see it pop up 3 or 4 leafs right?

it just has a good ph right now in the reservoir.

Yep. And work your way up from about a 1/4 of what it says on the bottle/chart

if you run hydroponics then your roots are in a nutrient solution all the time. if you run soil then you give nutes every 3rd watering. In both instances you do not introduce the nutrient solution until the 3rd or 4th set of fan leaves.

Joker has no idea how she is going to change the reservoir when roots start showing!? is there an easy method?
joker is still confused about the soil methods.
all joker knows is to get a good soil... like fox" farm but i heard it messes up your Ph... even if you add perlite. so i've been searching what else i could use for organic soil thats "the best" and doesn't affect the ph as much.

Joker has no idea how she is going to change the reservoir when roots start showing!? is there an easy method?
joker is still confused about the soil methods.
all joker knows is to get a good soil... like fox" farm but i heard it messes up your Ph... even if you add perlite. so i've been searching what else i could use for organic soil thats "the best" and doesn't affect the ph as much.

The easy method is to create an easy way it by
1) having an extra plant site on the top (if it fits multiple) without a plant in it so you can use that spot to fill the res and adjust pH, ect.
or
2) connecting a separate fill res that will either work by recirculation of the water by a pump or by the natural flow of gravity.

The easy method is to create an easy way it by
1) having an extra plant site on the top (if it fits multiple) without a plant in it so you can use that spot to fill the res and adjust pH, ect.
or
2) connecting a separate fill res that will either work by recirculation of the water by a pump or by the natural flow of gravity.

ok so i can't do number one.. so how would number two work? is there a youtube video or something you recommend. That shows you that. Cause like i said. i don't obviously. i don't want to touch the roots

I'm actually kinda worried now....for joker. How is joker going to change the water in the reservoir if its a "water culture system" It came with no instructions about changing the water.

Back
Top Bottom