Wondering if this is a trait of the strain

The photos....
CritCurl2_20141108_075544.jpg
CritCurl1_20141108_075630.jpg
CritCurl3_20141108_075521.jpg

The story...

These 3 photos are from 3 different Nirvana Critical+ plants. 2 in soil, 1 in a hempy bucket.
About 1 in 30 leaves has this sideways leaf curl. It usually shows early in the leaf's life. It's often only 1/2 of 1 finger of a leaf that curls (last photo is a good example). It happens in veg and flower. It can happen in the flower area or the big fan leaves.

I was thinking it might be heat related, but at this point, I feel it might just be a trait of the strain.

Anyone seen this before? It's not a major deal because it only impacts ~1` in 30 leaves... but it's odd.

This could be high levels of magnesium. Over watering, as you probably know, doesn't look powdery like that, and also there looks like some slight browning in that coloration too.

This could be high levels of magnesium. Over watering, as you probably know, doesn't look powdery like that, and also there looks like some slight browning in that coloration too.

The color change is hard to see under the lights... it looks kind of bleached out a bit in the curled areas.

I'm well acquainted with over-watering. I don't feel it's caused by over watering.
Magnesium overage... perhaps. I do use 1tsp/gal CalMag in all my water... but I've seen this before I started to add CalMag, and my babies look much worse without the CalMag.
I've been feeding FoxFarms nutes, but I've seen this trait when I was doing MG soil with no additions.
I've seen in in outdoor plants and indoor plants.

I just can't tie this to anything in their environment and it makes me wonder.

It looks odd, and if you didn't say it came both from soil and hempy gals, I'd say it was micronutrient or heat related. It might be a permanent mutation though.

ive seen that on a few of mine the area will die off in flower. i left mine alone some of them got better some waited untill after flower to do anything. never could figure it out it never got worse or spread and the rest of the leaf even after the effected area died was still healthy and fine.

Back
Top Bottom