Won't stop growing! Help!

Beaucoq

Growing Durban poison with 600w hps and i topped it, tied it down to bush it out (kind of LST) and switched over to flower at 12" on August 1st with 8 main kolas. Fast forward to today and this thing is 32". That's almost triple in height in 15 days. I have maybe two more inches left of grow room before I'm sol!

I know what you thinking: light was too far away, and it must have stretched. It was 8-10" away from the tops at all times! Stems are thick and not stretchy (besides some baby kolas trying to catch up) it's happy and healthy.

My main question is can I tie the branches down some more? I mean taking the upwards pointing kolas and point them out to 45° and let them bend back towards the light? Would this stress the plant too much and cause Hermie? Is there something else I can do now?

Any help is much appreciated

Hi Beaucoq

It's pure sativa, it's gonna stretch... You have to choose between two evils and that's never an easy choice.

Height is a definitive limiting factor in your case, so you don't have much of a choice now, I'm afraid, but to supercrop the s**t out of her. I doubt it will turn hermie becaus DP is a pure, unaltered sativa, with strong genes and heritage.

My two cents.

Best.

Dutch passion beans are solid as a rock very strong.top info above.supercropping and tying the plant down more will not bother it 1 bit.if she healthy and strong.she will bounce back by the next day.and a few days after that ul be tying her down again.will not affect yield but may take alittle longer till harvest.but will be worth the wait.durban poison auto gave me 7 oz dry buds.so ur sure in for a real treat.best of luck;)

Dutch passion beans are solid as a rock very strong.top info above.supercropping and tying the plant down more will not bother it 1 bit.if she healthy and strong.she will bounce back by the next day.and a few days after that ul be tying her down again.will not affect yield but may take alittle longer till harvest.but will be worth the wait.durban poison auto gave me 7 oz dry buds.so ur sure in for a real treat.best of luck;)

Hi Beaucoq

It's pure sativa, it's gonna stretch... You have to choose between two evils and that's never an easy choice.

Height is a definitive limiting factor in your case, so you don't have much of a choice now, I'm afraid, but to supercrop the s**t out of her. I doubt it will turn hermie becaus DP is a pure, unaltered sativa, with strong genes and heritage.

My two cents.

Best.

You, my friend, are the bearer of bad news

Supercropping would be my choice faced with this situation. I wouldn't even think twice.

well, you need to do research on the strain when buying, he is just stating the facts.

and btw welcome to 420

Research said indoors will definitely double, could tripple, sometimes even more. I was hoping mine wasn't going to be the "sometimes" so I left room for height x3. Thanks for the help

Everyone else thanks a ton for the replies on the stress not being so bad; I barely even touch her for fear of stress. I tied her down to take up the full width of the tent and gained atleast 6" back up top.
I thought for sure super cropping this late in the game would ruin her, glad I was wrong! Hopefully she'll slow down a bit but if not I'll definitely super crop.
-B

Id supercrop now if u want to keep her under control no lie.the sativa in her she could keep stretching till finish.i been growing dutch passion seeds.there autos for a while now and all there seeds are top notch.there genetics are super strong and really enjoy a fight.superior to other autos on there ability to fight back and produce heavy yields;).they enjoy been pushed to there limits with monster results;) hope this helps;) but all info above is from some great growers they all know what there on about stateing true facts;) great work growers.and happy growing every1;)

I'm JEALOUS! I wish I had YOUR problem! LOL! Stretching is normal for early flower. Almost all strains do that.

Seriously, tho, only the smallest of strains can grow in 3 feet of head space, minus the size of pots and the space requirements of the lighting. Move her to a hall closet, or a corner of the clothes closet, taking out all the shelving and installing the lights, top, sides, and down low. Make sure the walls are white. White paint is the cheapest way to get them reflective.

For heat control, prop the door open during the daylight schedule, and shut it during lights out. (I'm assuming a photo plant) You'll need a big fan or two, also.

Research said indoors will definitely double, could tripple, sometimes even more. I was hoping mine wasn't going to be the "sometimes" so I left room for height x3. Thanks for the help

Everyone else thanks a ton for the replies on the stress not being so bad; I barely even touch her for fear of stress. I tied her down to take up the full width of the tent and gained atleast 6" back up top.
I thought for sure super cropping this late in the game would ruin her, glad I was wrong! Hopefully she'll slow down a bit but if not I'll definitely super crop.
-B

That's the research i found as well before buying durban poison which is we I bought a 72" grow tent because I didn't want to have a problem like what your facing. Look on eBay for grow tents, mine was brand new, good quality, good size, and only cost me about $50. Well worth it in my opinion. If you're gonna grow DP again you should either buy a new tent or look into 12/12 seed, helps keep the plant short and faster grow times as well. Only drawback i know of is smaller yield but with proper training you should still get a good amount.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom