Wow! just had earthquake

demp5294

I live in Delaware at 1:50 we had a rumble I had a buzz goin. on my laptop in a recliner the washer was on spin cycle and I was thinking I've been more fucked up then this so I figured I'd just wait until spin cycle stops. A few minutes later it flashes on screen we just had a earthquake I had a sigh of relieved I can smoke some more and still be Ok! :peace:

Yeah felt it over here, well I didn't personally but it is all over the news. I would've rather been watching Judge Judy..

Why don't rednecks notice earthquakes?
Because the tires on their homes cushion the tremors.

Can't feel them over the recoil of a shotgun.

They don't hold a candle to the beer line at a NASCAR race.

Because the tires on their homes cushion the tremors.

Can't feel them over the recoil of a shotgun.

They don't hold a candle to the beer line at a NASCAR race.

I live in Northern Virginia. I'm not a redneck. I mean come on, would I be able to buy all this weed and post on this forum;)

I live in Richmond which is about half an hour out from the epicenter. I was on the second story, playing some video game and then everything goes nuts. I got up and ran out of my house as fast as I could. I stayed outside for a few minutes after waiting for and aftershock.. that never came.

**yawn**

Earthquake? On the east coast?

How long has it been since the last one? What, a couple hunderd years ago?

Earthquakes are a regular thing around here.

**yawn**

Earthquake? On the east coast?

How long has it been since the last one? What, a couple hunderd years ago?

Earthquakes are a regular thing around here.

We don't get Earthquakes,Hurricanes and Floods around here we have gotten all three in about a months time come on 2012 !! :peace:

As long as they continue to deplete our fossil fuels, it will only get worse. Yet one more reason to make Hemp fuel instead. ;)

I never considered that we could experience more earth quakes due to the depletion of fossil fuels. Can you elaborate a bit more on this matter? I know its a fact that we need to develop new sources of energy, and hemp is one way to do that. I think we need to be talking about this more.

Thank you.

Tectonic plates move - it's a normal thing. Think of two colossal bodies of rock grinding against each other with a bit of crude oil between them. Then think of them doing the same thing only without the lubrication.

We are pumping that oil out just as fast as we can. Obviously, not all of it is in places where two or more large masses come together and move against/over each other - but some, undoubtedly, is.

EDIT: (From Wikipedia)
While most earthquakes are caused by movement of the Earth's tectonic plates, human activity can also produce earthquakes. Four main activities contribute to this phenomenon: storing large amounts of water behind a dam (and possibly building an extremely heavy building), drilling and injecting liquid into wells, and by coal mining and oil drilling. Perhaps the best known example is the 2008 Sichuan earthquake in China's Sichuan Province in May; this tremor resulted in 69,227 fatalities and is the 19th deadliest earthquake of all time. The Zipingpu Dam is believed to have fluctuated the pressure of the fault 1,650 feet (503 m) away; this pressure probably increased the power of the earthquake and accelerated the rate of movement for the fault. The greatest earthquake in Australia's history is also claimed to be induced by humanity, through coal mining. The city of Newcastle was built over a large sector of coal mining areas. The earthquake has been reported to be spawned from a fault that reactivated due to the millions of tonnes of rock removed in the mining process.

Removing the fossil fuels from our planet is like removing the oil from your car. Once the levels get low enough, your engine begins ceasing up from lack of lubrication. Expand on that thought process and see how it can effect the lube of our planet, which is why the earthquakes are getting more frequent and severe. Take enough of it out and we become one big dry rock, crumbling like a saltine cracker.
I never considered that we could experience more earth quakes due to the depletion of fossil fuels. Can you elaborate a bit more on this matter? I know its a fact that we need to develop new sources of energy, and hemp is one way to do that. I think we need to be talking about this more.

Thank you.

Thankfully, like many other pests that infest Terra, the human one may be ultimately self-limiting in nature. Whether it will do so before the planet is ruined is debatable (and looking more and more unlikely every day). So is the question of whether or not the few thousand to few hundred thousand that are expected to survive the last straw will be too isolated from each other to constitute a viable breeding population.

<SHRUGS> But in an objective sense, many things are possible in a time that is measured in geological terms, and who knows what forms of life evolution will spawn in the unknown future? Whatever eventually emerges may well do better - and almost certainly couldn't do any worse unless it splits the very planet asunder. At least it won't be based on a petrochemical civilization, lol. Perhaps it will eschew the whole "possession of things" idea that has kept us from using/developing more than 9%-14% of our brains altogether.

Shame that Neanderthal hadn't lasted longer; he appears to have had a slightly larger brain than h. sapien has, and does not appear to have had the same instinct to destroy whatever he got his hands on. Just think, this planet might have been peopled with a species that lived with nature instead of against it. I guess all of this is off-topic, though (it's just been one of those days)...

Back
Top Bottom