Wraistlin's Indoor

Well I've still got plenty of time to decide. I plan on keeping this bitch in veg for a long time. I'm going to LST the shit out of it. I did a little more today. When it first sprouted it stretched a ton which ended up working out. I was able to LST the first node all the way over to the side of the pot. I'm going to keep wrapping it around the outside of the pot and when I get back to the beginning take the top back in towards the middle then let it go up. I'm going to put some pics up later because I have this mfer sitting DEAD up on the light. The spacing between the nodes is fucking ridiculous. Sooooo close. This may end up being a bad thing but all I see in the future is a straight up BUSH. Will also give me some time to find some proper lights. I am going to stick with CFL's just because I'm a cheap ass but I can find something a little more "warm" that should be better than what I have. There were a few bar lights I posted in my first post. I threw those in the cabinet just for shits and gigs. I think they are a better light for when it comes to flowering but they just aren't that bright. At this point though I'm of the mindset that anything will help at this point. The CFL's that are in there are 2 15's and a 25. Not much. I plan on getting some 200's next time I get into town and can swing through menards.

Woke up to what I believe to be a Mg deficiency. The water is super hard here and we have a water softener so I've just been buying water at the store. Pretty sure that led to my lil guy not getting enough Mg. What led me to Mg as the culprit? Well did some reading and the spots that are on my leaves I really didn't think that they met the descriptions of what other people were talking about in their posts. Mine are more like.....thin spots in the leaves as opposed to dead necrotic patches. What got me? This single line right here.....Notice how in Figure 16 and 17 the leaves curl upwards like they're praying? BAM. Check out the pics. Couldn't have described it better myself. Kind of ironic actually I was sitting here watching tv last night and I said to my wife. I wonder wtf is causing those leaves to "fold" like that. Well, ask and you shall receive I guess. I'm posting some pics along with this post. If I have made a huge mistake here someone smack me lol. Going to go with some epsom salt as a foliar spray. I have a soil grow so I'm trying to keep to the minimum of shit I put in the pot just so I don't lock things up. Going with a 1/2 tsp per Quart concentration. At last. Here's the pics.

Went and bought some splitters today and some 26w CFL's. When I open this cabinet up I'm straight up fucking blind for like 5 minutes afterwards. Walking around the house running into shit left and right. Only downfall..... more watts.....more heat. I gotta set up some ventilation in and out of the cabinet here pretty quick. I am also going to be looking around to see if I have anything to make a bigger cabinet. This would be perfect for clones I think but by the time I lst this thing around and get it in a bigger pot I just don't think this cabinet is going to be deep enough. Anyway, here's a few pics of sunshine in a box lmao

Went and bought some splitters today and some 26w CFL's. When I open this cabinet up I'm straight up fucking blind for like 5 minutes afterwards. Walking around the house running into shit left and right. Only downfall..... more watts.....more heat. I gotta set up some ventilation in and out of the cabinet here pretty quick. I am also going to be looking around to see if I have anything to make a bigger cabinet. This would be perfect for clones I think but by the time I lst this thing around and get it in a bigger pot I just don't think this cabinet is going to be deep enough. Anyway, here's a few pics of sunshine in a box lmao

Hey Wraistlin, cfl's give their light from the sides so, of the 2 lights on the side only one bulb is actually hitting the plant, the top bulb on light on the right, the bottom bulb isn't hitting anything, the angle is wrong, if you understand where I'm coming from. Even if you turned them sideways the light wouldn't hit the plant unless the plant was underneath it, the light on the left is too far away from the plant to be effective. The light at the top of your cab is perfectly aligned for maximum effectiveness. Would be even better if you had all three lights above the plant, If you look at pics you'll see what I see which is, out of the two bulbs on top light only the left bulb is angled right, the light on the left is not hitting the plant at all and the light on the right only the top bulb is hitting the plant. A bigger cab is a good idea but you gotta angle the lights right to get a good bud. Check out my grow cab and see the way I angled the lights. If I'm wrong tell me.:) imho

1_200_watt_CFL_s.JPG

perfect pic of what I'm talkin bout

Ah gotcha gotcha thanks for the pics :D It'll be easy enough for me to move these lights. I've got holes no bigger than my pinky in the cabinet where the wires are coming through.
I've thought about putting them through the back of the cabinet. Kind of pointing out towards the front. Any thoughts on that?

I'll put a pic up later of what I'm kind of thinking of. I've had a lot of different ideas going through my head lately as to how to get the most out of this cabinet. This is a total learning experience for me and realistically I expect nothing less than a dead plant or a VERY small crop. This is my first real attempt at a grow so I'm on a HUGE learning curve.

Good deal for a minute I was like OMFG! I'm growing a mutant! lmmfao. I dunno. There's obviously some issues with my plant right now. I'm pretty sure that the PH of my soil is so out of whack that I'm having lockout issues or something similar. I am going to break down and go get proper supplies here this week and get a proper setup going. I can see the first signs of preflowers so I'm just waiting to find out if this is a male or a female. If it's female just going to do what I can to keep it alive until I get a setup going and then just clone her. *Note to self......screw poor man's grow* lmao. Prolly wouldn't be that bad but this soil literally was just sitting around in a pot I was like uh, fuck it, it'll work. Perhaps not. :D Not gonna jump out the window or anything but ya, need something proper. Gonna get a good hearty strain and prolly go with aeroponics. That seems to be idiot proof from what I've seen as long as you watch the PH and PPM

Been a while since I've done any updating. Had some issues with my soil a couple of weeks ago. Spent the past few weeks really REALLY flushing shit out of the pot. Realized pretty quick I was over analyzing things and freaking out over nothin. Anyway, got some fresh pics for ya. Everything is looking really really good right now and I am proud to say this random bag seed has actually turned out female. (unless I'm an idiot and I don't know what the hell I'm looking at) First couple pics are close ups but not very good quality. You can baaaaaaarely see lil pistils sticking out of the top :D Anyway, enjoy :D

20120207103839288.jpg

20120207103800588.jpg

20120207103701877.jpg

2012020710361665.jpg

2012020710355873.jpg

20120207103528206.jpg

20120207103516573.jpg

20120207103427292.jpg

Back
Top Bottom