WWs 41 days into flowering - when to harvest?

NatureAbuse

hello other members of my specie, i'm not stoned at all.
i have these girls, they're either white widows or big buds and the sativa looking one could be uk cheese, they've been vegged for 45 days and flowered now to 41 days they're under an hps 1kwatter, i expected them to ripe in like 56 days but now some of them already have turned half white half amebered while the buttom flowers are mostly white, so what do people do in this situation? can you cut the tops and wait for the lower flowers?
btw i harvested a tiny plant and tasted it, the smoke was harsh and the high was mostly celebral and it was potent and lasted long, the puff was stronger than the hash that i find here, the taste is kind of earthy and harsh i cured it only for three days btw, does that affect much?

these are the pictures:

MJ1stGRO_9_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_6_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_10_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_3_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_23_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_7_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_27_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_30_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_19_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_24_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_12_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_23_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_21_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_26_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_11_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_18_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_29_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_15_Medium_.jpg

MJ1stGRO_17_Medium_.jpg

Re: WWs 41 days into flowering.. when to harvest?

Half white Half amber? Are you talking pistil color or trichome color?

Do you have a 30x-60x scope to see your trichomes?

If so, make sure you are looking at the trichomes on the buds, and not the leaves. The trichomes on the leaves tend to mature much faster than those on the buds.

lol i don't have a scope, i will get one and see, can it mature before its expected time? i expect the sativa one to mature much later

Get a scope look for milky white trichomes. Some amber some clear but mostly milky whitish

thanks for the info guys,
i'm getting a 60-100x scope soon, i don't know how the hell they grew lol, i knew nothing when i germinated the seeds but after that i figured that it's not easy to grow cannabis in a different climate than what it was supposed to grow in, i over ferted last week in two plants but only one was affected so there is some yellowing, but hey the best way to learn is by making mistakes, i'm gonna harvest the affected plant first (it actually became an enormous monster after over ferting it) but i quickly flushed it with a higher ph water, then watered it with 6.5ph water, it's amazing how one can see the results of his actions happening in the girls :p

i have some questions,
1/ what yield can i expect from what the plants look like? knowing that they were grown in a 4x4 tent under a 1000hps?
i'm hoping for 200+ grams, is that possible? i gave them a lot of carbon dixoide by the way, making vodka and feeding the plants in the same time lol :high-five: .

2/some plants had clearly a mag deficiency, i don't think it's a problem of abundance, could it be that the ph is too acidic? my monitoring of ph wasn't good, and that is what i will try to avoid in the next grow

3/i'm planning to grow Sour diesel (mostly sativa), critical kush(mostly indica), and other indica strains (i managed to make a couple of ww clones survive lol and one of them has really some fine genetics) could they all be grown in the same tent? what about the difference in height will it be problematic? could that be fixed with topping and stuff?

4/i'm getting a tds meter, it seems to be a good one can i rely on its readings to know how much nutrients are in the solution instead of using what the manufacturer of the fertilizer says on the bottle?

5/is it better to let the plants bone dry? does that make the roots absorb nutrients better?

6/i'm using 5 gallon pots are they enough to make big girls?

7/does knowing more about agriculture gives you more experience in growing cannabis? i'm growing stuff now to cover the operation, stuff like fruits and tomatoes :volcano-smiley: , and can i use generic fertilizers if i used the tds meter to know how much is in there? because getting organic fertilizers seems a little suspicious to me.

8/i have 2 sativa looking phenotypes (i think one is ww the other must be cheese), do they need a longer time (THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GREEN LEAVES ON THESE THEY'RE COMPLETELY COVERED IN CRYSTALS LOL) so sad that i haven't took a clone from them, i'd love to keep the genetics is it too late? could they be revegged?

thanks all, such a great community to be a part of.

1) post a pic of the whole plant and we would have a better guess, but it is still only a guess.

2)could be ph, but it could be from an abundance of something else, or straight deficiency. if you didnt monitor ph, then that could be it for sure

3)the difference in height can be controlled with LST, even a scrog type grow to keep an even canopy.

4) with the meter, it will help for sure if your using RO water. check the EC or ppm and add to the ppm your after. if your using municipal water, its hard to say whats in it to begin with, but you can still monitor what your adding..

5)maybe not bone dry, but dry...its easier to fix an underwater than an over water.

6) bigger pot=bigger root. bigger root= bigger fruit.

7)not sure, i use GH flora series. if your just talking a 1 part generic it may take some playing to make sure you are getting the right amounts of everything..

8) they probably take longer than an indica but look at trichs to get an idea of when they are finished.. you can take a clone or two in flower, it will just take time to root and reveg.... you could also harvest the buds and try to reveg the whole plant.

thank you go4snypr for the reply,
1\i think i'm gonna wait and see, only 8 days are left before harvesting the first one :p.
2\so ph is the main suspect.
3\LST seems too advanced for me, i might get a 600 watter and another tent later, but for now i think i will go with topping the plants and trying to get the light as close as possible, since there are no pure sativas there isn't a huge height difference, could the shorter indicas stretch to be nearly as tall as the sativas?
6\which one has more weight potential between these setups? 4 plants in 10 gallon pots vs 9 plants in 5 gallon pots?
7\i think i will go with my current fertilizers (fox farms trio), as long as it's not broken don't fix it :p, until i have some experience at least
8\i will try to take clones and see, the current clones have been taken in very early flowering and they're doing great i put them in 2 1-gallon pots under about 40 watts CFLs each, one has already grown pistils (about a month since i took them),

i have two more questions :p,

1\what parts of the plant are psychoactive and should be kept? is it only the buds? the buds and the crystal covered small leaves that are near them? could other parts be pschoactive and smokeable too? or bigger leaves taste like grass? what parts are used for making hash? when i harvest the plants should i trim them before drying them or wait until they dry and work on them? a detailed description would be great :)
2\how should the plants look like before harvest? do deficiencies on the big leaves affect taste\potency? what about water? dark period?
3\is a 7 days cure enough? what can i do to get rid of the chlorophyll taste?, i tried smoking an uncured bud from one of the plants it basically tasted like grass but it was taken way too early and without flushing\curing, i know that they will dry in 3 days (upside down method in a dry dark place) after that i will put them in jars and open the jars for 15 minutes a day for a couple of weeks (smoking a couple of grams everyday lol), so according to the curing theory the taste should improve with time, right?

i have one final question(for this reply at least :p)
how much do new smokers smoke a day? i only smoked hash, it had like 7% thc maybe?, mainly because 75% of it is engines oil lol and it was so harsh.
i smoke at least 3 grams of that hash before feeling so high, a two weeks plant could be more potent than that, so how much do you guys smoke before losing grip of what is real lol, i don't have any experience with weed because where i live it's easier to get hash.

thanks.

here are a couple for ya,,,
sativas will typically be taller, if you top your plants you can try to keep them the same height.
the more plant question is kind of hard to answer... you get more yield from a longer veg not bigger pots. if you go with less plants, go with longer veg (which equals more root), more plants smaller pots in same area, gonna be shorter veg because you cannot grow them as big because there is more of them
keep the buds, trim the buds off the stems and the leaves off the buds, groom it up nice. use what your trim for hash making or making edibles.

the longer the cure the better the taste. cut down plant, trim off bigger fan leaves, let the plant dry for a week (until it feels crispy dry), then take the buds off of the stems and trim it up nicely, then throw it in a jar and start curing it...2-3 weeks is a good cure, 6-9 month is a great cure. I'll start smoking right away, and let it cure as I smoke itl

how much to smoke a day depends on tolerance as well as potency. Have 4 or 5 blasts off a joint and see how you feel. smoke more if necessary

here are a couple for ya,,,
sativas will typically be taller, if you top your plants you can try to keep them the same height.
the more plant question is kind of hard to answer... you get more yield from a longer veg not bigger pots. if you go with less plants, go with longer veg (which equals more root), more plants smaller pots in same area, gonna be shorter veg because you cannot grow them as big because there is more of them
keep the buds, trim the buds off the stems and the leaves off the buds, groom it up nice. use what your trim for hash making or making edibles.

the longer the cure the better the taste. cut down plant, trim off bigger fan leaves, let the plant dry for a week (until it feels crispy dry), then take the buds off of the stems and trim it up nicely, then throw it in a jar and start curing it...2-3 weeks is a good cure, 6-9 month is a great cure. I'll start smoking right away, and let it cure as I smoke itl

how much to smoke a day depends on tolerance as well as potency. Have 4 or 5 blasts off a joint and see how you feel. smoke more if necessary

thank you very much, +Reputation

i'll let you guys know how much i yielded when i harvest in a week :D, one plant is already starting to turn yellow because it doesn't have any nutrients after the flush, i added a little bit of nitrogen to make it wait untill the harvest. i vegged them for 45 days btw (i couldn't afford a timer back then :p) they are really filling the place even the very lower buds are getting enough light (5 plants in a 4x4 tent) so i think i can yield 200+grams easily, i think having more plants is better for beginners, because there is less risk of screwing things up lol, i think vegging is much easier than flowering, in flowering deficiencies are more likely to happen, still there is so much to learn.

i only smoked hash, it had like 7% thc maybe?, mainly because 75% of it is engines oil lol and it was so harsh.

I hope you're joking. In doing so puts you at great risk for serious health problems. Cannabis is supposed to be natural..

I hope you're joking. In doing so puts you at great risk for serious health problems. Cannabis is supposed to be natural..
i quit smoking dat a few months ago, i was joking with the oil thing, but you never know :)

nothing like some 10w30.....always a nice gold color..ha ha ha

True, LOL, a slightly burned 1-liter castrol bottle gives hash its sweet taste :p

i harvested-dried 1 plant out of 5 (it was one of the biggest)
i got 90+ grams dried :)
and the potency is great :D, one joint sent me out of the milky way.

i also harvested 3 other plants so 1 plant is left
they were enormous! 1000w is the real thing, the buds were so dense and heavy, i will post pictures

i didn't check the trichomes with a scope but the plants looked ready (about 60 days in flowering after a two-days+ dark period) i checked them with a small magnifier they were mostly white? i don't want more CBD content, i don't want it to make me so drowsy.

hello, :volcano-smiley:

i was stoned the last 20 days or so i just started grasping more of the real world by putting my stuff in another room lol.
i got 300g+ total, that's ok for a first time grower i guess, started my second grow :)

Back
Top Bottom