Should I Keep Them or Yank Them?

• Keep It?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yank It?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Keep it for 2 more weeks?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
These two Purple Lemonade Autos were overwatered after germination (and light burned a little), and they stunted right away. There is some new growth, but it is painfully slow.

Take a look at other grower's Purple Lemonade plants and compare them to mine (see attached photo). For reference, after 20+ days, or so, the tallest of the two is 2-1/2-inches tall.

I have an abundance of seeds, and it is an AutoFlower grow, so starting new plants in the tent is not an issue in the tent.

My having no history with this strain, and less than a year's experience at AutoFlower plants, I wonder if I should expect them to catch up and flourish enough for a good harvest.

If these are likely going to grow to yield 1-ounce or less, I don't want to spend the electricity, nutrients, and time. On the other hand, I don't want to give up on them if there is a chance to rebound in an AutoFlower's limited window.

Note: Mine are the top two.
Day 22 Size Comparison.png

thanks for your service to our nation!!! :love:

prisoners dilemma keep them going but then in 2 weeks you will be pissed that you held out hope and didn’t axe them promptly versus ripping their freaking heads off today and later wondering if they would have ever produced….

I think we both know how this turns out…(permanently stunted) but I also believe that hope springs eternal. So maybe split the difference- kill one and keep one. I grow photos and although I’ve read it many times before and am now slowly learning this same lesson by the repeat and willful slaughter of $$$ auto beans…. with autos there’s no opportunity to rebound.

but I will stay tuned to your adventure

They seem to be doing very well for stunted plants; significant growth between day 22 and 24.

They're still scrawny w.r.t. leaf volume and pistils have sprouted.

At least you have other plants doing well.

j

Alright. Let's look at the yard stick and compare them all. I put two measurements, but the only one I am concerned with it the center mass of the top bud site. Although, the overall height compared to the others is worthy of comparing.

Sorry, for the ruler being upside down. The hole was at the wrong end. :oops:

_MG_9024_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9028_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9036_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9039_Nik_Nik_openWith.jpeg

1669153796682.png

Those measurements don't really mean anything significant.

When the plant is healthy those leaves will either reach for the sky or splay out flat.
When it's overwatered they'll form an arc and point downwards and when underwatered, go floppy and droop.

Sometimes you see them reach for the sky and after watering too much start pointing down - in the same day.

j

Back
Top Bottom