Yellow patches/dots

I missed this the first time around. This is a classic deficiency sign. I’m gonna tag @Bill284 he may have seen this before.

Are you phing your solution? When and how are you adding your calmag, before or after you mix your nutes?
Key Keffka. :ciao:
Thanks for the tag Amigo.
O.P. questions
Are you putting your c.m. in your plain water first , recommend dose?
Mixing it well first.
Then a & b then setting your ph to 5.8 exactly?
Then feeding every day to run off?
Never giving water?
Always keeping your coco wet?
If you are doing those things then it's your coco.
If not you should be. ;)
Your coco its not buffered.
Up your calmag a bit.
Do no remove any more leaves!
Let me know.
Btw Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Key Keffka. :ciao:
Thanks for the tag Amigo.
O.P. questions
Are you putting your c.m. in your plain water first , recommend dose?
Mixing it well first.
Then a & b then setting your ph to 5.8 exactly?
Then feeding every day to run off?
Never giving water?
Always keeping your coco wet?
If you are doing those things then it's your coco.
If not you should be. ;)
Your coco its not buffered.
Up your calmag a bit.
Do no remove any more leaves!
Let me know.
Btw Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Appreciate the reply. I am doing all those things. I really suspect my coco as I said I couldn't get my usual mix so I got cheap blocks from bunnings. Probably a big mistake. I gave it a good flush yesturday with calmag and nutes. Doesn't look like much has changed ill post a pic of her now

20231117_064136.jpg

20231117_064131.jpg

Appreciate the reply. I am doing all those things. I really suspect my coco as I said I couldn't get my usual mix so I got cheap blocks from bunnings. Probably a big mistake. I gave it a good flush yesturday with calmag and nutes. Doesn't look like much has changed ill post a pic of her now

20231117_064136.jpg

20231117_064131.jpg
Your feeding full strength nutrients every day at 5.8 ph to runoff? With C.M?
Every Day?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm not currently pH'ing as my mix seems to settle around 5.9-6

This part right here may be your problem. When it comes to synthetics, it’s pretty important for you to hit the key ph level. In your case, that level is 5.8.

Guessing at the ph level, or even going .2 points higher than recommended can lead to all sorts of wild and wacky issues similar to what you’re seeing

Your feeding full strength nutrients every day at 5.8 ph to runoff? With C.M?
Every Day?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Well it tends to settle about 5.9-6 I didn't think that would cause any problems but as @Keffka stated that could be an issue. Currently feeding half strength. I believe this canna coco ab is pretty intense, last grow I went to full strength at flower and got nute burn real quick. Full strength is about 2.5EC. And yes with calmag every day to runoff

This part right here may be your problem. When it comes to synthetics, it’s pretty important for you to hit the key ph level. In your case, that level is 5.8.

Guessing at the ph level, or even going .2 points higher than recommended can lead to all sorts of wild and wacky issues similar to what you’re seeing
Appreciate the reply. I will be more careful now to try hit right on 5.8

20231117_064136.jpg

20231117_064131.jpg
Bunnings? You Aussie too mate?
Your plant looks healthy apart from the few blotches on the lower leaves.
Don't stress and see how it goes over the next few days!

Appreciate the reply. I will be more careful now to try hit right on 5.8

No problem, that’s what we’re here for! I moved to organic so I could be a little more fast and loose with stuff like that. With that though I lose a lot of the control you guys get.

This right here as well. It doesn’t seem to be spreading further and the rest of your plant looks very healthy with great color. Picking leaves off when you have an issue very often leads to the plant just moving to the next set of leaves so you may have just picked them off right as you were fixing the issue up and it crept up just a little.

As Pork said, don’t stress. When you stress you make bad decisions or make too many changes so you never actually figure out what’s going on. A lot of times when the plants are young they have silly little growing pains and/or mutations they grow out of.

Sure am! Had 2 harvest so far and glad to not be paying for overpriced crap anymore! Thanks mate she seemed to like the flush I did with calmag, the coco probably just needs to be buffered abit more.

No problem, that’s what we’re here for! I moved to organic so I could be a little more fast and loose with stuff like that. With that though I lose a lot of the control you guys get.

This right here as well. It doesn’t seem to be spreading further and the rest of your plant looks very healthy with great color. Picking leaves off when you have an issue very often leads to the plant just moving to the next set of leaves so you may have just picked them off right as you were fixing the issue up and it crept up just a little.

As Pork said, don’t stress. When you stress you make bad decisions or make too many changes so you never actually figure out what’s going on. A lot of times when the plants are young they have silly little growing pains and/or mutations they grow out of.
I've had alot of interest in organic but haven't bit the bullet yet, partly because I purchased bulk coco nutes that will last me about 12 months lol.
That definitely makes sense i won't be chopping any more off. I tend to stress easy and maybe think if I chop it off it'll be gone lol.

Regarding your growing medium, you mentioned that you usually purchase pre-prepared coco but opted for a coco brick this time. After washing the coco, did you buffer it with CalMag? Buffering is crucial when using coco coir as a growing medium for cannabis. Coco coir tends to retain CalMag more than other nutrients. Therefore, if it's not buffered, even though you're adding CalMag to your nutrient mix each time you feed, there's a high likelihood of a deficiency. This is because the coco absorbs the CalMag, preventing your plant from receiving the necessary amount.

Regarding your growing medium, you mentioned that you usually purchase pre-prepared coco but opted for a coco brick this time. After washing the coco, did you buffer it with CalMag? Buffering is crucial when using coco coir as a growing medium for cannabis. Coco coir tends to retain CalMag more than other nutrients. Therefore, if it's not buffered, even though you're adding CalMag to your nutrient mix each time you feed, there's a high likelihood of a deficiency. This is because the coco absorbs the CalMag, preventing your plant from receiving the necessary amount.
I do understand this process but had never done it before as I've always got pre buffered coco. I did "buffer" it but probably not nearly as much as I should of. I believe i just flushed it with calmag moreso then actually buffering it. Probably not enough contact time. Will be buying pre buffered mix from now as I've never had any issues before.

Back
Top Bottom