Yield and using a light rail?

sontnewb

I run with 3 600 watts hps to flower the last 4 weeks of flowering, how much would my yield drop if I use a light rail and drop down to 1 light? or I was thinking of mounting a bracket to the light rail and mounting 2 lights to it for a wider more even coverage..

Rails aren't very efficient, and 600's are only 95k lumens to begin with. Drop 2/3 lights, add rail, lose 65% of yield. Drop 1/3 lights, add rail, lose 25%*

* +/- 5%

Rails increase efficiency maybe 5%, using 1000w bulbs. Using a 4' rail, you only move the light 6" each way off of center, max. In other words it's a waste of $200. I could see in certain scenarios (a MASSIVE commercial SCROG) using DE bulbs (Gavita Pros) where moving light might yield better #s, but generally there's no need to move light you just need a geometrically sound prime light footprint.

I want to get a pound and a half per light wheni grow.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

You'll have to use 1000w HPS HIDs. You'll also want to run majority bulky indicas, avoid Hazes, and make sure if you're using a tent that you've got 6'x6' per 1000w to maximize efficiency.

Back
Top Bottom