First grow!

Wematanye

Hey to all experienced growers, this is my first time grow and I would appreciate if you could have a look at my plants and my set up and let me know how you think I'm doing, total newbie here. I live in the suburbs I've got a regular job, very quiet family life, that being said I chose to convert one of my basement rooms into my grow room and 4 by 4 by 6 tent with a 6 inch extraction fan, 600watt fusion dimable ballast with metal halide and high pressure sodium light combo. I germinated 10 seeds of feminized amnesia haze auto flower in rapid router under a T5 sun blaster light with refector. Here is a picture of day 2 after transplant into their final pots. I'm giving them 18 hours of light 6 dark. I haven't watered since the initials soaking before transplant of 2 and 1/4 gallons of water in my 7 gallon pots. Here's what they look like day 2 when the lights kicked back in.

image18951.jpeg
image18953.jpeg
image18952.jpeg
image18954.jpeg
image18956.jpeg
image18955.jpeg
image18958.jpeg
image18959.jpeg
image18961.jpeg
image18960.jpeg

I've got a couple small clip two setting fans moving tha air around and another slightly larger on the floor blowing in the passive air intake on the right side, left side open with nothing. Thanks for your input!

Thanks rifleman,

My main concern at this point is a few of them seem really yellowish as opposed to the others that are a darker green, all same strain. From what I've read it doesn't look like overwatering and my light is lowered to 31 inches above the green. Would like to know your opinion on what setting I should have my ballast? Right now I'm at 50% on a 600 watt. I'm wondering if transplant shock might be the yellowing culprit which is why next time I may germinate directly into the final pot and avoid the shock drama worry!

Appreciate any advice offered, I've overwhelmed myself with books and Internet and realized that like all things.........learn by doing, wematanye out zzzz......

Hard to tell what is yellow and what is green in those pictures with your HID on.

Depending on how the leaves yellow tells more than just the colour can alone.
Bottom or top of plant
Leaf tips, edges or veins

Transplant shock is very possible. Did you transplant from the starter kit plugs into the 7gal pots? If so what medium was used ?

Some premixed mediums are too rich in nutrients for some seedlings (STRAIN DEPENDENT) to handle off the get go.

My personal preference is to use seedling starter mix, to avoid nutrient burn on or after transplant.

On the other hand if the medium has little or no existing nutrients...

Older leaves (bottom) yellowing between veins (interveinal chlorosis ) most often is Nitrogen deficiency.

Simple to fix, fertilize and watch for improvement.

Hope it helps ! the more info you observe the better :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

2 out of the 10 are really yellowish and also have a few leaves that look a little crispy, 1 of the plants leaves are really reaching up however the majority of them aren't. Most look more green than yellow and a few are really green. I did transplant straight from an incubator using rapid router and transplanted according to those rooting guidelines, also the roots were really long on the bottom which led me to finger poke a hole much deeper than my transplant hole and I tried to drop them in directly under the plant. I'm using a recommend promix from the hydroponics store where I bought some of my gear. I tested the soil PH it was in range however the nitrogen levels did seem to appear on the lowest part of the scale! What firtilization medium do you recommend? Also I've got my 600watt light 31 inches from the green and the dimable ballast at 50%, should I up the intensity 75%, 100%? Should I raise the light, lower it? I do know they are not ready for their first watering the soil is still damp. Any thought on when I should add nutes, I've been told by the hydro store that my medium is everything I'll need for a couple or a few weeks. Anyway gotta work in the am and these plants are a second yet fun job! Really appreciate your advice and any other helpful knowledge you have. Again thanks Budd!

Back
Top Bottom