Self-build grow cabinet

ChronicMonkey

Hey guys

So i build my first growing cabinet. Just quickly wanna make sure about lighting and ventilation for it.

This is a cheap build for my first grow to learn and there after adequate upgrades will be made.

rcpzqd.jpg
npfluc.jpg
etbh90.jpg
53r0bt.jpg

cabinet is 125cm x 55cm x 115cm

first attempt will only be one plant so i will be putting a divider in the middle. The light fixture i uploaded is what i will be using. Im planning to use 2 85w cfl's daylight. from what i have read 150w is needed for one plant. So this will suffice?

now the ventilation is where my question is. what will the best setup to use there. I was thinking pc fans but not sure if this will create a strong enough circulation in the cabinet. will two 230mm pc fans do the trick or do i need something stronger and bigger?

something i forgot to add. The reflectivity inside the cabinet, i see you guys are talking about flat white, is this the same as normal white pva? ( not even sure if i should worry about this in my first grow..

Usually the number of grow lights varies with the distance between the light and plants and reflectivity of grow box. They serve the purpose of producing electromagnetic spectrum. Normal cabinets have these days cool LEDs which would help you save energy. Check this article Does Your Under Cabinet Lighting Melt Your Butter? It's time to Upgrade to LED's! - The Shock Doctors . Not sure if the under cabinet LED s mentioned in the article can be used for our purpose here inside and at the same time save energy. There are LED grow lights utilized in conjunction with filament bulbs to create cool floral displays.

Thanks for the reply.. The reason im going the cfl route is purely budget.. Here in s.a. The price of led grow lights are ridiculously expensive, almost a 100x more then a cfl setup.. And seeing as this is my first indoor grow i want to go cfl route.. As for height of lights to plant, my lights will be kept just above the plant the whole time adjusting them as they grow.. Plus space is also a concern, height wise... Seeing as the cabinet is only 115cm tall there isn't a lot if height growth space... I will be doing a combination of lst and topping method to keep plants short and bushy but overall i will only have 70-80cm of actually growth height to bargain with.. And seeing as cfl's can be kept relatively close to the plant, this will be my best bet.. As for reflectivity, im thinking about using those car dashboard covers that are reflective to use inside, as i have two laying around.. Hope this good..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice one Savingson.. Your cabinet just looks a lot better then mine.. Made mine from off cuts . .. Will make sure to sub to your thread..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
My plants are 32 days in veg. I am starting to run out of space even w LST!!! Lol Im heading out right now to get my supplies for my scrog screen. Happy Growing

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

Back
Top Bottom