Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Wowsers what biggin. A pic with you would add some perspective. Hell you could hide your face behind the cola. Nice Growing!!
    420 Magazine News Team
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    http://www.420Magazine.com

The hemp plant is botanically quite advanced; some plants are male, some are female, and some are androgynous. Most species in the plant kingdom are merely androngynous.
    -- United States Dispensatory, 1851

Follow us on Twitter, MySpace and Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

How are those trichs looking?

Post Thanks / Like

By any chance Harry, do you need a guide and a machete when you walk through that jungle?

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

That's y'all. It's certainly looking like a forest in the flowering room.

McBudz, I was responding more to the comment about friends to help with the trimming when I mentioned keeping a low profile. Loose lips sink ships, or so they say.

I'm getting lots of color in the trichs now and I think she's given about as much as she can. I plan on one more watering and then a good drying period before harvest. I figure around Tuesday of next week.

Oh, and the little nug I dried out was very potent, with a nice strong high so she's right there. When I squeeze a bud her, I get a sweet wild grape odor. Being so green I couldn't tell much on the taste but it was kinda sweet and piny tasting.

I'll try to get a couple of pix using my tripod with me standing beside it. That would be cool for posterity sake. I'll probably never grow another giant like that, inside anyways.

Time to get blazed up.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Red View Post
    That's y'all. It's certainly looking like a forest in the flowering room.

McBudz, I was responding more to the comment about friends to help with the trimming when I mentioned keeping a low profile. Loose lips sink ships, or so they say.

I'm getting lots of color in the trichs now and I think she's given about as much as she can. I plan on one more watering and then a good drying period before harvest. I figure around Tuesday of next week.

Oh, and the little nug I dried out was very potent, with a nice strong high so she's right there. When I squeeze a bud her, I get a sweet wild grape odor. Being so green I couldn't tell much on the taste but it was kinda sweet and piny tasting.

I'll try to get a couple of pix using my tripod with me standing beside it. That would be cool for posterity sake. I'll probably never grow another giant like that, inside anyways.

Time to get blazed up.

Harry

Ah yeah I see.

I can't wait to see her harvested. You are going to have so much trimming I hope you plan to make hash or something with it. If you like the silk screen method "lawson" makes a real nice high quality screen in all sorts of shapes and sizes and screen density. I used a 125 18x21inches for $16 and got great results. Fits perfectly over a framed mirror I have. I've used the same screen twice now it it is still going strong. Just clean it up with alcohol after each use and its good as new.

Once she gets a good cure it will taste so much better I'm sure. I'm personally not a big fan of quick dried bud.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to say that I haven't done it, but I'm no fan of quick dry either. For me, it's hang for 5-6 days and then into jars for a cure.

I do have a nice box that I use for screening trim. I only got about a gram from an oz or so of trim.

It was very powerful stuff though. It has a very narrow diameter silk screen in. Is there a good way to clean a silk screen? I figured alcohol would destroy it.

Fall Colors

I wanted to post a couple of pix of the pretty fall colors showing through in Miss Burley. There's even a little purp in there. Guess it's the cooler temps.

Today was the last watering and I'll harvest when she dries back out.

I'm certainly ready to her.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what your screen is made of but I used rubbing alcohol on a cloth and wiped the screen down front and back. The bud stained it a bit but all the pores got cleared out since the resin dissolves nicely in alcohol.

Post Thanks / Like

My box contains a 120 gage synthetic silk screen. If it were metal, I wouldn't worry much about using alcohol. I'm just not sure what affect it may have on the synthetic silk. The sifter box was fairly expensive (at least to me it was).

I'm thinking a can of compressed and filtered air might do the trick.

Harry

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner Doctor Dread's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the purps!!! Looks wicked Harry!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking Yummy Brother Harry!! Can't wait to get a smoke report when cured.

Post Thanks / Like

Again... Looks awesome Harry !

Peace
    Youth & Brains are no match for Old Age & Treachery
    We are passing saints of craziness, each given to his own madness, brought together briefly by the greater madness that rules all.
    My 1st Grow
    My 2nd Grow
    My 3rd Grow - 1st Hydro Attempt
    My 4th Grow - Swamp Grass Hydro
    My 5th Grow
    My Current Grow

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of those grinders with the little screens in it for kief collection. I used a air compressor that I use for my powered tools and it blew the screen clean. Not sure with your silk screen but it sure worked for my little screen.
    420 Magazine News Team
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    http://www.420Magazine.com

The hemp plant is botanically quite advanced; some plants are male, some are female, and some are androgynous. Most species in the plant kingdom are merely androngynous.
    -- United States Dispensatory, 1851

Follow us on Twitter, MySpace and Facebook

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My goodness Harry. Miss Burley is the most dense cola-ridden indoor plant I've ever seen, anywhere. I'll need to go back through your journal and get all of the specifics when I'm ready to nurture my own medicine. I know the genetics are playing a big part, but your technique is spot-on, I'd say. Very commendable brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Harvest Time For Miss Burley!!

Well, Miss Burley made it to 99 days of 12/12. I think she finished pretty well. I might could have done some things a little better toward the end, but I'm very happy with the results.

The trichs were 30%-40% amber, which is right where I want 'em to be.

Miss Burley

From bottom to top...

Scrub buds on the bottom.. (haha)

Big Colas

Looks like a cactus.

Main Cola Shots

One thing very cool about this grow was that parts of a couple of the branches and some of the main stem turned purple. Maybe it was the temps, a deficiency or genetics, I dunno.

One of the purple branches produced this cola.

Only one other smaller cola showed some purple. You can see two colas side by side in this shot. One purp, the other not. I thought that was kinda interesting.

Here's everything hanging up.

I got nice haul!! Got an OZ+ of smaller buds drying in a box that's I'll probably make some hash with.

I'll be posting back the dried weight and a smoke report soon!!

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting for this for a long time. HOLY CRAP what a haul indeed!

So how long did it take you to trim and chop?

You could have told me that was 10 or so plants hanging up and I would have no problem believing it. Nice work man.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast