Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: Day 30 Into Flowering

Well Boss, the sick plant is doing much better after flushing. It's halted the massive die off of the larger leaves and seems to have stabilized. It actually grew a little and the flowers look to be fattening up some so that is good news. I think it will make it to the end with just a little slowdown and stunting.

All the plants are between 5'-6' tall (not including the bucket) and Miss Burley is over 6'. Miss Burley is still growing and finally starting to put on the decent flowers but she still has a way to go.

The other two are really coming on strong and starting to beef up.Looks like they may be ready in another month of so. What do y'all think?

Here's some pix!!

The Jungle

Closer..

Closer..

Money Shots!!

I think I'm starting to get excited.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Absolutely beautiful pictures.
    Just your average, not so average, girl

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Stunning, keep up the great work.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep a close eye on those trichs. Any idea how much longer you need to flower?

Post Thanks / Like

Harry, beautiful plants and great camera work!

Post Thanks / Like

YuMMy
    just went through this thread! Good grow man!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks y'all. I can't wait to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by charliemopps View Post
    Keep a close eye on those trichs. Any idea how much longer you need to flower?
    No, not really. This was grown from some Mexican Sativa seeds I took from a couple of select buds so I figure around 60 days flowering, give or take. I'm sure there's some Indica mixed in too so that may cut down the time a little on a couple. I'm thinking I can take one or two plants within the next 30 days but I'll watch the trichs to be sure.

I know it was good stuff to start with but it wasn't taken care of or cured like this batch will be so I'm hoping I'll have an even better final product. It looks like it wants to frost up nicely so that's a good sign.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

A quick question about the plant that is farthest along in budding. Most all of the larger fan leaves are turning yellow and starting to drop. The smaller leaves on the branches are still green but looks like they are wanting to fade as well. They are beginning to yellow at the veins and that will expand out. Here's an example of a cola at the end of a branch.

The plant has been well fed so there's certainly no N deficiency. I'm thinking it might need flushing to remove salts or is this normal at this stage. It seems a little early being this is only 32 days into 12/12 or is this a normal occurrence at this stage?

Should I flush or just leave alone and let it go, or do something else?

Some expert advice and guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Could you get a pic of the said yellowing leaves.

Probly need a flush. The rest of the plant is looking good so I doubt it has any defficiency.

Post Thanks / Like

Will do man. I'll grab some pix tomorrow during light cycle.

Basically, they are just slowly fading to yellow and dropping, like the lower leaves do normally when they are spent, except it's moving on up the plant now and the entire plant seems much less green and more faded to yellow that it was a week or so ago. I read where as the plant matures, it uses up nutes and energy in the larger leaves to make help make buds but I wasn't sure when this happens; it seems day 32 was a bit early for that, but I really don't know.

Thanks again!!

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Harry, it may be a good idea to check the PH as well. sounds like PH or salt issue, but pics would greatly help.

Post Thanks / Like

As my mom always said, "when in doubt, flush it out".

Post Thanks / Like

As promised, here's some pix of the yellowing I was referring to..

Thanks!

Harry

Cannabis Connoisseur - Nug of the Month Winner - November 2012 Be Irie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hate to say it but I think it is in the early stages of being rootbound...I hope I am wrong but that is what mine did.. The big ones died off and then the others started going....I think you are to the point of hoping for the best and maybe they will finish before the roots get totally bound up.... Your ladies are beautiful..

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you could very well be right BE. Did you try flushing and/or some kind of alternate watering or feeding schedule to try to get your bound plants to the end?

With the 1st plant that I suspected might be becoming root bound due to leaf die off, I flushed with 5 gallons so water. It came back and now looks pretty stable and seems to be finishing, but slowly.

I think I'm going to let these two dry out (just watered and fed yesterday), then flush 5 gallons through them. I've never flushed them. I also think I may have too many nutes in there as well. Until recently, I had been feeding the on every watering, albeit around half strength nutes 'til a couple of weeks ago. I guess when I read the FF feeding chart, I didn't notice the "feed every other watering" on the soil schedule. Maybe it won't put a total halt on them and still get me through to the end or close to it.

I'm still trying to change my mindset from outdoor growing, where I wanted them as large as possible. I never worried about pot size and a carefully controlled feeding and watering schedule.

My main goal with this 1st indoor grow is to learn as much as I can and build on that with my next grow. If they all died tomorrow, I would still count this as a good grow. I think I went off the rails badly twice with this grow. Once when I waffled on moving them to 12/12 at 17-18" and instead letting them go to 22"-24", hoping they would show sex signs so I wouldn't have transplant them all to 5 gallon buckets. Still had to anyway. And second, feeding a little too much and not following the "feed every other watering" schedule.

Considering the dirt brown shwag I have access to, I'll be happy with anything I get from this grow. That and of course, the invaluable experience I've gained so far.

Thanks again!!

Harry

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast