Measuring temperature for seedlings

SpaceLulu

Hello everyone,

I just started growing few days ago. And I have seedling that are a few days old, under a 250W MH.
I have an ventilator inside the tent that is blowing right at the seedlings (it is not too strong wind), and I have a fan that is extracting the air. The bulb is in CT (no went needed for CT because it is connected to the chimney and has natural air flow). Now the problem is this:

I have a digital thermostat that is measuring temperature right next to the seedlings. And the temperature is around 24C (75F). But somewhere I have read that temperature should be measured in the shade (because direct light is emitting some head that does not represent the temperature in the tent).
Then I put something above the thermostat to create the shade (not right on top, but above), and I get rather different temperatures, I get around 21-22C (70-72F)

So my question is which measurement should I trust?

It is not a problem if its 24C(75F) or 21C (70F) because both temperatures are okay for seedlings. But sometimes at night I have temp at 21C (70F) under the light, which might be 17C (62.5F) in the shade, and that might be too low.

Thank you.

Don't worry about the minor fluctuation between day and night temps. In nature, you won't get a constant temp, either. Main 3 rules are don't overheat and don't over water the seedlings. And don't event think about nutes until they are at LEAST a month or two old.

Back
Top Bottom