Harvest for dummies

helenhiwater

I got my license to grow medical marijuana as a patient last fall. I have never grown or smoked before. After WAY too long, I finally have the beginning of buds at the top of my plants. I read all the info I could find, and understand how to check for "ripeness", but am completely confused about plant parts. I thought you harvested the whole plant and used the buds for butter or smoke, and rendered the stems and leaves down for hash, or just smoked the leaves. At this point, the plant is dead. Looking at posts, it is all about the bud. Does this mean you can harvest the bud as it ripens, and let the rest of the plant go on forever?

You can harvest each bud as it ripens and let the lower buds ripen in turn. My ladies always look like buds on a stick by the time they are fully harvested. By that time, they have given me everything they had and will not reveg.

I use the leaves and larfy buds for cannabudder, and the better buds for smoke for the family. Even the sad-looking buds will give you good smoke, if crushed and rolled or packed into a bowl.

I've gotten high on cannabudder made from dried fan leaves. The only thing I toss are the stems and roots. Try not to waste what nature has given you, and you so lovingly have nurtured.

Back
Top Bottom