Quick health check on sproutling

Latitude17

420-magazine-mobile576937234.jpg

This is an auto lemon in a Rapid Rooter sitting in a 3" Hydroton filled mesh cup.

System is DWC 5gal bucket, single bubbler, still on ph'd water (5.7) as its still under 2 weeks old (no nutes yet). Small circulatory fan running that keeps a gentle breeze over the plant.

Humidity is in the 65-75% range, temps range 77-81.

Lighting is 4 GE LED Bright Stik's 60w ~2850K running 24/7. Will be moving to a 600w LED in a grow tent in a week.

All that just to get input - how's it looking to you experienced growers?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is this your first grow? I ask because your using 3 inch pots. I hate them. When my plants got huge the three inch tips easy and also had trouble with them falling into the hole.
It's looking great. It'll explode once the roots hit the water. Good luck.

"Just look at the flowers." THE WALKING DEAD.

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Is this your first grow? I ask because your using 3 inch pots. I hate them. When my plants got huge the three inch tips easy and also had trouble with them falling into the hole. Good luck.

A scrog would help I think. The weight can be distributed over the scrog making the small net pot acceptable until finish. Technically, as long as the roots have room to thrive - which is really under pots, not in them, then you are fine. But I would go bigger next time. It makes life easier.

Sent from mikeytv

A scrog would help I think. The weight can be distributed over the scrog making the small net pot acceptable until finish. Technically, as long as the roots have room to thrive - which is really under pots, not in them, then you are fine. But I would go bigger next time. It makes life easier.

Sent from mikeytv

If you use a scrog you can't get into your bucket. Scrog would be fine for rdwc

Is this your first grow? I ask because your using 3 inch pots. I hate them. When my plants got huge the three inch tips easy and also had trouble with them falling into the hole.
It's looking great. It'll explode once the roots hit the water. Good luck.

Thanks, yes it is. I couldn't find much information on the 3 vs 3.75 vs 6 inch pots but surmised the 2 inch would be too small. What size would you recommend for the 5 gallon buckets?

Sent from mikeytv

Thanks for the advice, Mikeytv. I'll keep an eye on the leaning if I'm lucky enough to get that far my first run.

9 days from seed, does this look like it's on track as far as growth/height?

420-magazine-mobile180013005.jpg

9 days from seed, does this look like it's on track as far as growth/height?

420-magazine-mobile180013005.jpg

Looks good to me. Remember- no nutes just yet. Just love her. Give her drink when she is thirsty but don't drown her. Give her light but don't bleach her and just this bean be who she is.
I'm amazed what a month makes in growth. This girl (assuming) will be a whole new women week by week...

Enjoy.

Sent from mikeytv

I used to use these..3 inch netpots...too...ugh...whT a headache....had to cut the bottom repeatedly....it was constricting the roots....thank God I am out of them and can move on....i have 6 inch nets now for my 5 gallon ladies

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I used to use these..3 inch netpots...too...ugh...whT a headache....had to cut the bottom repeatedly....it was constricting the roots....thank God I am out of them and can move on....i have 6 inch nets now for my 5 gallon ladies

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I ordered some integrated 6 inch cup / bucket lids to switch over to. Appreciate the heads up.

Subbed.

How has this girl been? Did you begin with nutes yet?
I am on my first DWC and just comparing seedlings, in day 12 in rapid rooters, not impressed with the growth of my autos tho.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Subbed.

How has this girl been? Did you begin with nutes yet?
I am on my first DWC and just comparing seedlings, in day 12 in rapid rooters, not impressed with the growth of my autos tho.

Day 16 after transplanting to the larger basket:

420-magazine-mobile1844188429.jpg

I'm just keeping the RO water ph'd to ~5.8 and did the first flush yesterday. Added hydroguard too. Nutes will start tomorrow at 1/4 strength. There really isn't a whole lot of information available when you start them exactly but I'm finding *generally* at 2-3 weeks from first popping out.

Day 16 after transplanting to the larger basket:

420-magazine-mobile1844188429.jpg

I'm just keeping the RO water ph'd to ~5.8 and did the first flush yesterday. Added hydroguard too. Nutes will start tomorrow at 1/4 strength. There really isn't a whole lot of information available when you start them exactly but I'm finding *generally* at 2-3 weeks from first popping out.

True, the average I see is around 3-4 node/true leaves before starting 1/4, so you are right on track. Your progression is far better then mine. I am not using RO water tho, and I am starting to think my high PPM tap is the cause of my girls sitting with 1 node at day 12. =( very discouraging checking for roots every day and nothing. I have been using hydroguard, and Rhizotonic from CANNA also.

What is your light distance?

Yours couldn't look any better IMO. Great Job!

Your progression is far better then mine. I am not using RO water tho, and I am starting to think my high PPM tap is the cause of my girls sitting with 1 node at day 12. =( very discouraging checking for roots every day and nothing. I have been using hydroguard, and Rhizotonic from CANNA also.

What is your light distance?

Yours couldn't look any better IMO. Great Job!

Thanks! Don't be discouraged, mine at day 12 looked significantly different. Light distance is sitting at 20", with an average LUX of 31,000 (no PAR meters available). I found 17" was too much at 34,800 LUX. 20" seems to be just right at this stage.

What is your setup up top of the bucket?

420-magazine-mobile777123668.jpg

Don't want to crash your thread, if I could figure it out I'd send a link to ya. I started it on another site hoping for great feedback but have received very little. Is it ok to post links to other sites threads? I doubt it.

I could use your insight! You have the touch and things are looking amazing!

Back
Top Bottom