Need a bit of help

Kok0puffs

Hey,

So i planted 2 of same seeds, they grew the same in veg and i couldnt tell anything was off until week 6 of flower.
one plant just never stopped growing. Now im in week 9 and started my flush on one plant and the other seems weeks away from finish.
I need help in determining how much longer the other plant will take. im guessing another 2 weeks but i might be off.
any input would be appreciate. :thanks:

jo

1_211.jpg
2_112.jpg
3_110.jpg

So i planted 2 of same seeds, they grew the same in veg and i couldnt tell anything was off until week 6 of flower.
one plant just never stopped growing.

Yes, multiple phenotypes are not uncommon. Most commercially-available cannabis seeds are of hybrid stock, and are known for this. If you'd like to minimize it, look for strains that are IBL ("in-bred line"), such as Serious Seeds' Bubble Gum.

I need help in determining how much longer the other plant will take. im guessing another 2 weeks but i might be off.

Has everything about your lighting remained the same from the day that you switched to 12:12 until now? If so, you can use the 40:60 rule to determine your harvest dates. From the day that you initiate flowering, a cannabis plant will have a burst of vertical growth ("the stretch phase") which coincides with the first 40% of the total flowering period. In other words, count the number of days that the stretch lasted, that's 40% - which means 60% of the flowering period has yet to pass. At that point, it is simple math.

Say your plant's stretch lasted for 40 days. Using the formula, you see that the total flowering period is 100 days, 60 of which remain. The short answer is multiply (days the stretch lasted from the point when you switched the light schedule to 12 hours of darkness/day) by 1.5 and you'll get the number of days of flowering after the stretch ends.

If you change your lighting to any significant degree during flowering or do something goofy like put them in the dark for 24, 36, ??? hours when you make the switch, then this can screw up your calculation. I don't believe that merely adding more wattage of the same type will do it, but changing the spectrum might.

And that's just when the harvest date is according to the plant. If you wish to harvest a little early to have more clear and less milky trichomes, or harvest late to have more degraded (amber) ones, that is up to you. But I have found that the plant "knows" and if I decide that I wish to change the profile of effect, I'm better off to just choose a different strain. The only real exception is if I stumble across something that I really enjoy the flavor of, then I might play around with varying harvest times, but I try not to do that; bud harvested to early is less than it could have been, and too late means I've effectively passed the point of diminishing returns in regards to degrading trichomes vs. new ones being produced.

Back
Top Bottom