Outdoor grow in cold area

Spo0kyLV

420 Member
Strain - Wonder Woman fem
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil

1. Since i live in cold area and frost season is just around the corner, what should i do? remove my plant before frost kills the plant or should i just let it die on its own?

2. should i remove those giant fan leaves? will it help the plant focus more on budding?

3. how bad will be quality and potency if i remove it as is in nearest weeks?

4. can anyone gues yield from pictures? not really a smoker myself so dunno how much is it, not a slightest clue...

5. how exactly can light cycles fk up my plant now, since its getting really dark, really fast. just hit 12/12 its gonna be 11/13 in about 2 weeks if frost doesnt come

IMG-20170925-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20170925-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20170925-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20170925-WA0003.jpg

no nutes has been used and would it have helped if i used them? plant looked healthy all season long :p

sorry for many questions :(

1. Since i live in cold area and frost season is just around the corner, what should i do? remove my plant before frost kills the plant or should i just let it die on its own?
It looks like it's in a greenhouse, isn't it? Shouldn't that provide it some protection? If it's dropping to freezing at night, could you put an electric iron or something underneath the plant just to raise the temp few degrees? To answer your question, if it was my plant, I'd let it go until the bitter end in hopes that more time will give the flowers a chance to mature. (See #3)

2. should i remove those giant fan leaves? will it help the plant focus more on budding?
I guess you could and people do, but at this late stage in the game I think I'd leave well enough alone...

3. how bad will be quality and potency if i remove it as is in nearest weeks?
The best way to tell is going to be to look at the little leaves around the flowers and see if they start to develop trichomes, the "frost" (hah! irony!) that forms on the leaves when resin glands develop there. Until you see those (and you should start seeing them soon by the looks of those flowers), you don't have much potency. Once they form, the more of them the better.

4. can anyone gues yield from pictures? not really a smoker myself so dunno how much is it, not a slightest clue...
I wouldn't think about yield so much right now as shepherding those flowers through to maturity with some trichomes.

5. how exactly can light cycles fk up my plant now, since its getting really dark, really fast. just hit 12/12 its gonna be 11/13 in about 2 weeks if frost doesnt come
Short days just tell it it's time to flower, so the cycle itself isn't a problem. The problem is when it gets cold and overcast and the days are short, the plant pretty much stops growing.

no nutes has been used and would it have helped if i used them? plant looked healthy all season long :p
That plant looks pretty healthy. I have to guess that it's in good soil. I'd say for this grow you don't need to worry about nutes, but next year you might want to try giving some fertilizer (and maybe planting earlier so you're not racing to finish?)

Back
Top Bottom