Do hermi seeds create hermi plants?

I was under the impression that hermaphroditic plants' seeds are feminized (the old school way, anyway). I know they use chemicals and whatnot now, but every Hermie I've ever had has given me nothing but females :)

Interesting great ? dct. me thrupence thought, If the conditions change why does all plants not hermi ?. The seeds carrying the hermie genes gonna be either hermi,female or male so a 1 in 3 chance of being female, ok i suppose if one has the time and space to work with the seeds cool. If Scientific passes by sure he will give us all the low down. regards

Interesting great ? dct. me thrupence thought, If the conditions change why does all plants not hermi ?. The seeds carrying the hermie genes gonna be either hermi,female or male so a 1 in 3 chance of being female, ok i suppose if one has the time and space to work with the seeds cool. If Scientific passes by sure he will give us all the low down. regards

All the plants did turn hermi in the flower room.

Thanks for all the responses guys I do appreciate it. My last question; if my veg room plants DO have pistils (or what I believe to be pistils) then have the hermi plants infected the veg plants already?! I think they have been in veg so long they showed there sex with tiny pistils. I switched my lights from 16/8 to 24 and the pistils seemed to go away besides at the nodes. Is it too late? Should I expect the plants to be hermi/male when I switch them to 12/12?

Subbed because I also messed up my 1st grow by exposing 4 plants (feminized seeds) to 1/2 hr of light & they all hermed. Didn't realize until I was trimming to find seeds in every plant. FML. I did take 3 clones using rapid rooter plugs in 2nd week of flower from that grow & my friend is about to harvest them & none hermed. I also cloned 1 at harvest time (just threw a cutting in a bottle of water) and now in week 5 of flower in my 2nd grow. I saved the seeds from the hermies in my 1st grow, but will only grow them out in dire emergency since I think they will produce herms.

All hermi seeds are going to be female and all carrying an intersex trait, how easily expressed or when is known when growing.. you won't get any males or maybe some freak shows up in every few thousand seeds.. no male has been used, it's the basic more volatile process of making female seeds..

Another 2c. I don't generally use the seeds from self-pollinated hermis, but if I get a hermi I use it to selectively cross pollinate other plants. I have created a variety of strains this way and, yes I have seen the odd hermi offspring so far but it is like 5%. Well worth it to me!

Another 2c. I don't generally use the seeds from self-pollinated hermis, but if I get a hermi I use it to selectively cross pollinate other plants. I have created a variety of strains this way and, yes I have seen the odd hermi offspring so far but it is like 5%. Well worth it to me!

Would you mind giving us the $$$`s worth of info on you`re method in seed making? regards

Back
Top Bottom