LED light power consumption

rory

I'm confused. I'm looking at using leds but have power supply restrictions. Some manufacturers advertise that the power consumption is less than the stated power output of light, eg. 600w light only consumes 190w? How can this be so. I have 1900 w available on the circuit I want to use. Can I use two 1000w? Will that mean I need 2000w of house power or less.

hey Rory, when you buy the product, you can ask them the draw power. or the power plug into the wall . feel free to ask the seller and tell them your power supply restoration problem, they will get you a solution .
I'm confused. I'm looking at using leds but have power supply restrictions. Some manufacturers advertise that the power consumption is less than the stated power output of light, eg. 600w light only consumes 190w? How can this be so. I have 1900 w available on the circuit I want to use. Can I use two 1000w? Will that mean I need 2000w of house power or less.

Thanks. I'll do so.
After a little more research, is it accurate to say that the designation of say 1000w led is an equivalency of 1000w but only consumes whatever the manufacturer produces eg., 240w.

if your worried about the draw coming through the circuit then you need to get amps
wattage doesn't matter you need to total up amperage to make sure your breaker can handle it
and usually when they compare its 1000 watt hps compared to 600 watt led
and most leds are just under stated wattage
example a 350 watt led actual wattage could be 325
as far as draw for power consumption you need amperage cause that's the number you don't want to go over
and a 15 amp breaker can run quite a bit of things you just don't want to be running too close to max or at max cause then you risk tripping

Most LED panels are rated by the theoretical power of the LED's if fully driven.
Thing is they do not fully drive the leds due to high heat and a short life instead they run them on *about 1/2 power* it varies.

Most manufactures (accept for the cheapest of the cheap fake ones) have a power rating clearly marked in their advertising called actual watts along with the led maximum watts for reference , so you know what watt chip the panel uses.

Although many of the top tier panels use only actual watts and not led max watts either way the advertising will have the actual watt rating.

Divide the wall voltage into the panels watts to get the amp draw

Back
Top Bottom