Thinking of future-buying more powerful leds than needed?

Jeff010

Is it ok to purchase a more powerful led light than my current grow tent can handle? I am currently growing two plants in a 30" by 30" tent using a viparspectra 600. I want to create a second area to grow my clones while my plants flower. Thus I am looking at purchasing a better led for my flowering plants and moving viparspectra to nursery. I originally was going to get the mars I 900w but am now thinking of something better in case I expand to bigger tent. I am looking at g8450 which would fit perfectly in 30" tent but would rather get the more powerful g8led600 which may be too powerful for current tent. Will the more powerful led light and head fry my plants? Is there a way to dim light intensity besides from raising it up (not enough room)? Thanks for any help.

I am not an expert here by any means and I am only on my second grow--so keep that in mind. I don't see why it would be an issue as long as you keep the proper distance and you monitor your plants for heat stress. I know when I moved my plants to a much more powerful light setup I had to water more frequently. I have to water them almost daily as they dry out quickly. I suspect this is from the extra heat generated and the fact that they are only in three gallon pots. That being said they seem to be responding very well and are loaded with plenty of new buds since I transitioned them into 12/12 light cycle.

My advice would be to buy a lower powered high quality light, or get two lights. If you get two lights you can get more light uniformity and have the option of using it in multiple grow tents!

Back
Top Bottom