Harvesting & Curing - Turning Brown!

tamales

So, I have two plants. One is for experimental purposes of doing whatever I felt like doing to it as a newbie. The other, I followed advice from the forums and actually took the time to look up terms.

The experiment is at the drying stage and turning brown. I put indoors, by my window for natural lighting. I figure that'd be fine since it isn't always sunny in wee ol Donegal. I'm reading now that it is to be hung upside down, in a dark place. Some say natural lighting for four days then darkness hanging then into a jar to be aired out for an hr a day

I'm not familiar with grow slang either. To my understanding, harvest is drying and curing is preserving it's lush color and protecting it from the elements in a jar. May be wrong there.

IMG_20160923_121119.jpg
IMG_20160923_121104.jpg
IMG_20160923_121045.jpg
IMG_20160923_121031.jpg

The last picture is more green...Maybe because it is still on the stem?

It looks far from what I grew up with in LA and even the Irish stuff sold on the street has put my buds to shame.

The one I took time with, a non autoflower is beautiful despite non hydroponics growing. Jack Herer that I picked up in Amsterdam. Both plants been growing since May 15th of this year.
IMG_20160923_121300.jpg

From all the things I read, I'm conflicted.Which is the best way to dry and cure? It is cold now that the autumnal equinox arrived.

Re: Harvesting and Curing...Turning Brown!

About to start my first harvest, hope you get some good info.

Before I begin harvest on the nice buds, I will be sure to know much bout what dey, cure, harvest and what causes browning of buds.

I am hanging fresh green from my bad plant in the closet, by thread. They aren't browning too much, more so turning a dull green. Good luck with your harvest.

Back
Top Bottom