Early Miss Auto Feminized

Clancy

This is my latest grow, Early Miss from CropKing. She's 15 days above ground now and looking very healthy. I germed 2 seeds but I mishandled one, it got weak and died young.

I've grown Early Miss before; very good potency. That's the reason I buy it--the THC levels are quite high for a fast growing auto-fem. It can be fast but I doubt ready in 8 weeks as CK advertises. I'm hoping 10 weeks will do it.

Right now, I'm away from my best light system so I am using CFLs. I've got about 150 watts going on the plant 24/24. I'm keeping the lights just inches away to maximize light. Low light levels yes, but the payoff is a wider plant with less height so I'm in favour of that.

In a week or so I'll have access to my 400w HPS so that will get her a much better growing environment.

I will not be topping it or using any stress training. I have only a 10 week window to get it done in and messing around with it will only prolong the finishing time. My experience with EM is 1.5 ounce per plant.

There's also no way to get good soil here so I'm re-using some soil from an aborted tomato plant grow. It doesn't look like great soil--way too much peat I think. What nutes are in the soil I have no idea. The plant looks green and health so I'm reluctant to add any nutes---I only have tomato ferts anyway. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it needs help along the way.

20170312_134004.jpg
20170312_134035.jpg

This is my latest grow, Early Miss from CropKing. She's 15 days above ground now and looking very healthy. I germed 2 seeds but I mishandled one, it got weak and died young.

I've grown Early Miss before; very good potency. That's the reason I buy it--the THC levels are quite high for a fast growing auto-fem. It can be fast but I doubt ready in 8 weeks as CK advertises. I'm hoping 10 weeks will do it.

Right now, I'm away from my best light system so I am using CFLs. I've got about 150 watts going on the plant 24/24. I'm keeping the lights just inches away to maximize light. Low light levels yes, but the payoff is a wider plant with less height so I'm in favour of that.

In a week or so I'll have access to my 400w HPS so that will get her a much better growing environment.

I will not be topping it or using any stress training. I have only a 10 week window to get it done in and messing around with it will only prolong the finishing time. My experience with EM is 1.5 ounce per plant.

There's also no way to get good soil here so I'm re-using some soil from an aborted tomato plant grow. It doesn't look like great soil--way too much peat I think. What nutes are in the soil I have no idea. The plant looks green and health so I'm reluctant to add any nutes---I only have tomato ferts anyway. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it needs help along the way.

20170312_134004.jpg
20170312_134035.jpg
I've had one finish earlier the the 70 days

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice, Demonic. How much sooner than 70 days? Cropking says basically 60 days. My last Early Miss went 10 weeks I think and even then there was no amber. I'm okay with no amber though because I found out that not all plants actually do get to the amber stage.

P.S. What's that mean: Check out my sig?--your grow journal?

20170314_171347.jpg

This is Early M at 17 days under 150W CFL. I was trying to get a shot of the growing cola tip. Looks like she's getting herself ready for a stretch. I haven't added any nutes. I'm really tempted to tape down some of the fan leaves to get some more light on those tiny inner branches but I don't want to put any stress that might slow her down.

20170314_171114.jpg
20170314_171413.jpg

I like the way it's growing-- low and wide. I hope I can keep it that way. I'm not a fan of how most Early Miss grow---all skinny and stretched out. They end up looking more like Sativas to me. I really enjoy a lot of foliage and bushiness although I usually start ramping up the defoliation once she's in flower anyway.

I think she looks good--I can't even remember the last time I gave her water...but she's not showing any signs of needing it. Guess the high peat soil is holding the water really well.

20170314_171114.jpg
20170314_171413.jpg

I like the way it's growing-- low and wide. I hope I can keep it that way. I'm not a fan of how most Early Miss grow---all skinny and stretched out. They end up looking more like Sativas to me. I really enjoy a lot of foliage and bushiness although I usually start ramping up the defoliation once she's in flower anyway.

I think she looks good--I can't even remember the last time I gave her water...but she's not showing any signs of needing it. Guess the high peat soil is holding the water really well.

Looking good. :thumb: If she starts that stretch you'll be ready with that 400w. Subbed in! :cheer:

Well, it's not a Clancy grow unless I do some damage to the plant.
20170316_094602.jpg
20170316_094544.jpg
20170316_094502.jpg
I brought my plant on the road with me and set it up in a hotel room for the night with 4 CFLs. Unfortunately, during the night the lights fell on the plant and burned the leaves. Even the growing cola tip got burnt,

Anyway, she'll recover. Here's some photos of the damage. One good thing is these pics definitely show what light burn looks like. After I took these photos I trimmed off most of the burn so we'll see how she looks after a few days of R&R. I should have her under her new 400W tonight.

Nice, Demonic. How much sooner than 70 days? Cropking says basically 60 days. My last Early Miss went 10 weeks I think and even then there was no amber. I'm okay with no amber though because I found out that not all plants actually do get to the amber stage.

Say 80 days or so

Yea if you want to of course

Hi Demonic, thanks for your interest, nice to know someone is following.

I just came back from my grow room after checking on my plant. It was dark over there so I just had the yellowish light from my 400w but tomorrow I'll get some better ones in daylight. My Early Miss has recovered from her sunburn nicely as expected.

20170321_171637.jpg
20170321_171518.jpg

I'm a little concerned about what seems to me to be a slow growth pace. She 23 days old now and I was expecting it to be bigger by now. I think I have 2 issues. First, the soil I started with was I believe, really low quality. I took a fast look at the ingredients at planting day and I think it only has like 3% Nitrogen. I don't have the bag here so I can't double-check.

Anyway, I was going to transplant it but felt that that would stress it too much. So, instead I removed like the top 3 inches and backfilled and top-dressed it with Miracle grow which is like 24% N or thereabouts and then watered with 2 litres. From what I've read, Nitrogen leaches easily so I'm hoping the excess MG Nitrogen will filter down to better feed the plant.

What's your opinion on the topdressing? Worthwhile...or should I go to the head shop and get some cannabis fertilizer? I've never used that stuff before but I'm a little concerned and may get some.The 2nd issue is temperature. I'd say I'm running somewhere between 65 and 70 degrees. There's no heat in the outbuilding so only the lamp is heating things. I'll get a thermometre later on. The grow box is feels fairly warm but the soil always feels chilled. Might need to put in a heater.

I'm just wondering now if my light schedule is slowing my plant's growth. I'm leaving the lights on all the time 24/24. Maybe it is true that the plants need a rest for proper growth. I guess it's time for more research.

I just came back from my grow room after checking on my plant. It was dark over there so I just had the yellowish light from my 400w but tomorrow I'll get some better ones in daylight. My Early Miss has recovered from her sunburn nicely as expected.

20170321_171637.jpg
20170321_171518.jpg

I'm a little concerned about what seems to me to be a slow growth pace. She 23 days old now and I was expecting it to be bigger by now. I think I have 2 issues. First, the soil I started with was I believe, really low quality. I took a fast look at the ingredients at planting day and I think it only has like 3% Nitrogen. I don't have the bag here so I can't double-check.

Anyway, I was going to transplant it but felt that that would stress it too much. So, instead I removed like the top 3 inches and backfilled and top-dressed it with Miracle grow which is like 24% N or thereabouts and then watered with 2 litres. From what I've read, Nitrogen leaches easily so I'm hoping the excess MG Nitrogen will filter down to better feed the plant.

What's your opinion on the topdressing? Worthwhile...or should I go to the head shop and get some cannabis fertilizer? I've never used that stuff before but I'm a little concerned and may get some.The 2nd issue is temperature. I'd say I'm running somewhere between 65 and 70 degrees. There's no heat in the outbuilding so only the lamp is heating things. I'll get a thermometre later on. The grow box is feels fairly warm but the soil always feels chilled. Might need to put in a heater.
Well that's a good question. I think you will be ok for now with the top dressing, you may hear from others not to use miracle grow but I have used it as a main catalyst in some of my soil mixes and it did surprisingly well. Although you have added it you will have to watch out for nite burn. Stay away from nutes for awhile as it will work its way down to the roots. The second thing to notice is the rate of your growth, I myself was worried because for the longest time my early miss plants wouldn't grow and was stuck at about 10 or maybe less inches for awhile. Don't worry about that, the stress she had is going to stunt her for awhile but she will recover. She reached 34 inches if my memory serves me right. Give her some time to heal. She's going to recover nicely. PLEASE don't forget to PH your water that is a very important thing to keep in mind, to some it's the main thing to worry about.

20170321_171637.jpg
20170321_171518.jpg

Yes you would like to get at least 75-78 in heat. You may like you said have to put in a small space heater. Do you have an inline fan? Or an exhaust fan? Air circulation is very important as well. You will want negative pressure to allow plants fresh air to flow in and hot humid bad air out

I'm just wondering now if my light schedule is slowing my plant's growth. I'm leaving the lights on all the time 24/24. Maybe it is true that the plants need a rest for proper growth. I guess it's time for more research.
Lol lights well some people like to go 18/6 or 20/4. I myself use the 20/4. I'll be trying the 18/6 next grow. The theory is that the roots grow while it's dark and the plant rests. I mean we as humans grow while we sleep so why not allow our plants to sleep lol

That's some welcome advice. I'm going to pick up a heater tomorrow. Yes, I do have a fan and filter. i hadn't considered the circulation issue because I'm not concerned with odour and the heat's been low. But humidity is likely fairly high even though it's chilly outside. The fan's going on tomorrow for sure though. Thanks also for the tip on how EMs grow---and she might look better tomorrow anyway!

Today, I installed a heater in the grow room. After a couple of hours I checked into the room and I swear my plant had already started looking better.
20170322_132118.jpg
20170322_132025.jpg

I'm still fooling around with the temperature controls...it was up over 96 degrees in there at one point and then after I adjusted went down to almost 70 degrees. I'll get it right soon though.

It's grown a bit the last couple of days--I kept looking for height but today I noticed that she had been busy filling in below the main leaves. Actually looking bushy in there despite the surgery on the burnt leaves.

Well, the warmer temps seems to be encouraging some growth. Now she's starting to look her age. I think since my last set of photos she has put on a couple of inches of height. Yesterday I put a half-strength dose of Schultz 15-15-15 fertilizer in 2 litres of water on her.
20170325_141004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom