First Grow: CFL, Water Only, Rookie Grower! Budget Grow!

aycetheman

So this is my first grow and I'm totally open for suggestions! it's been 20 days since it's germinated and she looks real healthy. My friend gave me random seeds and said they were definitely auto flower not sure if it was some purp, Girl Scout or afghan cow but he was sure it was one of those haha. The soil I'm using is some fox farm in some breathable bags I got from a neighbor for free. There are two CFLs 23w each. Have a little computer fan that keeps my closet cooled. Temperature isn't a problem as I have central air condition in my apartment and can control the temperature of the place. Well enough with the talking are some pics! Lmk if you have questions/suggestions!
Btw those are definitely orange peels in there someone recommended it (not a cannabis grower) so I gave it a try, don't know how much of a difference it's making but she looks real pretty!
2hxm3wh.jpg
15hcyzc.jpg
2eyhv9i.jpg

Hi Ayce I am new too this too but I can tell you that you should have your cfls really close to your plant, around 2-3 inches. It looks nice and healthy!

Growing healthy, made a little DIY light with four bulbs. I'll total up how much I've spent including the prices of things I got for free to give you an estimate of how much it can cost to start your own grow.

420-magazine-mobile1957226849.jpg

420-magazine-mobile374566135.jpg

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1132700580.jpg

As you can see there is some yellowing, I'm assuming this is because of pH levels. I don't have a pH tester and am trying to get enough money together to buy one. Let me know if it's something else.

Anyways here's the shopping list till now:
Fox Farm Ocean Forest - ~16$ (12 quart)
Aeration Grow Bag - 5 for ~5$
Seeds - depends on you! I would go bag seed with first grow
Small Fan - ~15$
4pkbulbs - ~7$
DIY fixture - ~18$

In total for veg you should be able to start for under 70$ not including the electric bill. Although some of these things you or a friend might have already (bulbs, fan, pots, heck I got free seeds)

take the light even closer to your girl(;
penetration of CFLs is very low. You can test with your fingers how close you can move. Just try with your hand. if it is too hot for you, it is to hot for her too.
good luck(;

Aloha

take the light even closer to your girl(;
penetration of CFLs is very low. You can test with your fingers how close you can move. Just try with your hand. if it is too hot for you, it is to hot for her too.
good luck(;

Aloha

Done! Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1181151671.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1765740812.jpg

Cut some fan leaves so newer shoot offs get more light. Don't think this baby will get too big want to maximize buddage let me know if this was a dumb decision..

Oh and banana peels this time!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1953759399.jpg

Any idea what this is? pH or are the bulbs TOO close cuz I've been keeping them close from recent advice. Again I don't still don't have a pH tester but am thinking about getting the strips since they are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Plus just a high/drunk thought I grew up in Pakistan where pot just grew as a part of nature why is it so much more harder for shit to grow inside than it just growing outside?is the rain and shit ph'D ? I don't know

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I don't think ur lights are too close at all. Im still pretty new at this but I had some light burn before and it was alot different than that. Your leaves look healthy but with a yellow edge. My light burnt ones looked like they were not happy. If those are actually autos you might wanna do a lil research before cutting too much more off. Seems like it could be a lot of stress for an auto. Again im no pro, just another guy on the journey like you. Best wishes!

Dutch Passion Auto Blueberry First Grow Ever

This was on Thursday which is actually one week since I cut off the fan leaves. She's bouncing back real nice, and she's shown her first signs of flowering!
I googled free pH test strips and actually found a website all I had to do was pay shipping which was $1.50. Not too bad. Here are some pics!
420-magazine-mobile1222952776.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1843251243.jpg
420-magazine-mobile440255908.jpg

41 days since I put the seed into the soil. Topped her today. Gonna add another four bulb light like the one I already have soon. Also thinking about getting fox farm bloom nutes since it's showing signs of being a girl. By the way I'm pretty sure it's Girl Scout Cookie auto. Its clearly a Sativa plant which only the Girl Scout and Afghan Cow are but it's also an auto flower which the strain Afghan Cow isn't. I'm pretty sure it's Girl Scout and also pretty excited!
420-magazine-mobile175534677.jpg
420-magazine-mobile303102927.jpg

Soooo how much of a difference do nutes really make? Wondering if I should spend the 10$ on fox farm bloom nutes and if it's worth it..

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom