Dinafem Critical - Soil - CFL - 1st Time Indoor

gawad

Hi!

I'm a first time grower.

As you can see on the title the strain is: Dinafem Critical
Pot size: 12 lt
Soil mix: 70% biobuzz light, 30% perlit
Light: 12w CFL lights, (I'm using 3 of them 1 being yellow the other 2 being white) (I have 3 more slots but can't put more on at the moment because of temperature problems)
Nutrients: I've got BLOOM, GROW and MICRO
The cabinet is air cooled and the pH level of the water I'm using is 6.7.

I placed the seed on the 16th of August and this is how it looks right now. :goof:

20160821_135800.jpg

But I've got a huge problem! :helpsmilie:

I live with my big brother and I'm trying to make this stealthy.
The cabinet I'm growing in is too close to the walls and I can't let there be enough space for the air to circulate through the fans. Because if I do, light will come out and it will attract my big brother's attention :yikes:
So I place the cabinate with a small angle and put some objects on it in order to block the light and let there be some airflow.
20160821_142206.jpg

BUT this leads to a high level of temperature :scratchinghead: I hardly get the temperature below 30C. It's mostly around 36C. I leave the front door open when there's no one at home and then it's around 30C. Maybe I can put the light bulbs a little further away but I'm concerned that the plant will grow upwards through light if I do that.

Here is the current position of the light bulbs and the pot.

20160821_144820.jpg

Can anyone suggest me a solution which helps me to keep stealthy and cool at the same time?

Cheers!

Subbed.. Get some Flexi ducting, bend at 90° Fan blowing air in/out won't have lift leaks. If not enough length and light leaks, blackout the inside of ducting, black contact/ paint/rolled black paper.. Reps for doing a journal.. Best of luck..

Hi again!

GrizzWald thanks for your flexi ducting suggestion. It reduced the temperature by 1C degree. It's 35C degrees now but it's still too much.

I guess the problem is about me doing this at summer not about air circulation.
It's already 28C here and 3 light bulbs are enough to make it 35C in the cabinet.

Do you guys think I can grow my baby around these temperatures?
If not, what should I do?
I'll try circulating 4 bottles water, placing 2 of them in the cabinet and changing them with the other 2 that I kept in the fridge and repeating this every night.

Here's how it looks on the 7th day, grows every freaking day! :woohoo:

31938.jpg

Have a nice one!

She's looking healthy mate..

Thanks for the comments and the care GrizzWald :Namaste:

I'll keep uploading photographs.

Here's how she looks on the 14th day!

14th_day.jpg

I've got a question here. :scratchinghead::scratchinghead:As I mentioned before I've been having a temperature problem. Couldn't get it below 35C degrees. Now I see one of the leaves' tips slightly bent upwards. Do you guys think it's a sign of a problem? Should I take action immediately? I didn't start cycling bottles of ice maybe I should start doing that right now.
Here's how the bent leaf looks:

bent_leaf.jpg

welcome aboard eh.

looking pretty good there. lil bit heat stressed. do you have a small fan you can put in the cab? it would help cool the plant even though the overall temp is on the high side. and it would also strengthen up that stem so it can support the big plant i see coming!!!

have fun eh

I saw a yellow stain on one of the leaves today. It seems like a boron deficiency situatio.

Here's the stain:

20160831_085315.jpg

It is said that it might be caused by a low humidiy level. I'll try fixing that by putting a wet towel in the cabinet.
I'm open to suggestions though.

I have a small fan yeah, it's been there since the beginning but I didn't point it right at her because I thought it might be dangerous. But now that you say it would strengthen her up, I pointed the fan directly at her. :thanks:

Umm I just checked your current grow and it's huge man, I'm impressed and felt like a total newbie :icon_roll

Anyways, thanks for the comment. I'll keep up the updates.

Helloooo,

how's it goin?

Here's how she looks on the 17th day:
20160901_195959.jpg

So many new leaves :goof:

But new yellow stains popping up on her :(((
And I'm not sure how I can stop that.

Here are the yellow spots:

20160901_200023.jpg

In this photo you can see another two:

20160901_200037.jpg

So I tried to diagnose the problem and it looked like a boron deficiency. But cannot be sure. I don't know what to do really. Help please :bitingnails::bitingnails:

lookin good. they lmost look like drops, either from watering splash or perspiration that dried. the"sun" bakes it on. lil bit cupped still from heat. whats with the underwear dude? lol

have fun eh

:rofl::rofl: was going to say nearly same thing.. Best way to stop it in not get any splash onto it when watering, otherwise don't even pay attention to it...

Hey all!

I read all the comments you made, thanks a lot!

I really wish the yellow spots are because of water drops but I suspect they might not be because of water drops. Because today I saw the currently existing spots bigger and I saw another new leaf having them even though I didn't water her in between :bitingnails::bitingnails::bitingnails:

I really hope it's as you guys say but have look on the new photos and compare them with the previous ones. I think you'll see what I mean.

20160903_181749.jpg

20160903_181717.jpg

This one is the new leaf which didn't have any yellow stains before. And I didn't water the plant in between so it cannot be due to water drops.
20160903_181805.jpg

And here is how much she grew :3
19th_day.jpg

BTW it's not an underware hahahaha it was a piece of wet towel I used to moisten the cabinet. LOL

Anyways, have a nice one!!

22nd day:
22nd_day.jpg

Uhm I consulted my friend about the yellow spots. He said I should start feeding the nutritions. I started giving the 1/4 of the dose I should feed her normally. And then I stopped seeing new yellow spots but the previous ones stay as they are. I don't think they will get cured ever.

Hey,

Here's how she looks on 25th day. I started the nutritions on the 5th of Sep. Gave 1/4 of the regular dose. And then repeated it on 8th of Sep. I'll keep doing it every 3 days I guess.
20160910_232500.jpg

This is the yellow spots I was worried about. Seems like they got bigger. But I should say that new spots didn't occur much after I started the nutritions.
20160910_232548.jpg

Here's another thing I'm worried about. The initial leaves are getting dried and they are falling. I'm not talking about the two spherical leaves but the ones with pointy ends. They are totally dried. Is it something to be worried about?
20160910_232528.jpg

And my last question is, she's not growing as fast as the first 10 days. I hardly see the difference. Can you guys compare the picture I put in this post and the one I posted in the previous posts and tell me if she's doing fine or not? :straightface:

Best,

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom