Martini's First Grow 5/6/17: Advice & Help Welcomed

MartiniBudz

Hey everyone, this is my first grow ever, I'm growing a new strain as well, so I have no idea what it is supposed to look like or how it will turn out, but I hope you guys enjoy my journal as much as I enjoy this and being able to document it! All help, advice, questions and comments are greatly appreciated. Stay Blessed. ✌️

Strain Genetics: Dreaming Sour x Starburst
Soil Grow, Fox Farms Ocean Forest & Light Warrior 50/50
2x4 Gorilla Grow tent for Veg then moving to 4x8 Gorilla tent for Flower
Lights: 2- 2 bulb T5s for veg & 2 Magnum XXXL 1000w HPS dimmed to 600 for flower (open to suggestions on that)

18 seeds placed in cup of water for Germination 5/6/17
*Will add more pics as they come!*
IMG_164526.JPG

View image in gallery

re: Martini's First Grow 5/6/17 - Advice & Help Welcomed

Thanks! I just might do it, the only issue is that I'm working out of an apartment, so I'm not sure how I would be able to take care of the wiring to draw all that juice, any suggestions?

Thanks! I just might do it, the only issue is that I'm working out of an apartment, so I'm not sure how I would be able to take care of the wiring to draw all that juice, any suggestions?

Run your ballasts on 220 volts. Current drops considerably when you switch to 220. You can pick that up from the stove or dryer socket :) Stove socket usually has a 40 amp breaker. Plenty of stealthy juice..

Cheers

Here is a most recent update, I had some discoloration/leaves twisting a bit and seemed like they were drying (on the smaller single leaves that were the first leaves to come out after the little tear drop leaves)
I was told to clip them off so I did, and the plants are looking healthier, still a bit of discoloration in some areas though, any advice on that would be great! ✌️ Stay Blessed

IMG_168334.JPG
IMG_168635.JPG
IMG_168727.JPG
IMG_168439.JPG
IMG_168235.JPG
IMG_168531.JPG
IMG_168531.JPG
IMG_168822.JPG

Definitely does have a 40amp, thank you! I shall be doing something with that

I didn't get the sneaky moniker for just lookin' good! :) Any time - Cheers

You have a soil deficiency on the go.

Looks like a K or maybe P shortage.

Time to get em outta those cups and into proper pots. With some good organic potting mix. Natures Care potting mix is a good place to start. Later on we can add some other amendments to heat it up some.

Cheers

Hahaha oh I definitely saw how you said "plenty of stealthy juice" so I'm sure you have some experience. ;)
Really? Soil deficiency huh? I was kind of thinking so, but the person who I have asked said they are fine...that's why I decided to take my journal on here and get some somewhat professional help lol.
So I should switch out of my Fox Farms and into something else? Would it matter if I did that when I transplant?
Awesome, I did think it was about time to transplant as they are getting pretty tall

Would there be anything I could just add to my Fox Farms? Just because I have 2 huge bags and don't really feel like getting rid of them lol

Hahaha oh I definitely saw how you said "plenty of stealthy juice" so I'm sure you have some experience. ����
Really? Soil deficiency huh? I was kind of thinking so, but the person who I have asked said they are fine...that's why I decided to take my journal on here and get some somewhat professional help lol.
So I should switch out of my Fox Farms and into something else? Would it matter if I did that when I transplant?
Awesome, I did think it was about time to transplant as they are getting pretty tall

I'll probably get 20 lashes for this, but I've seen fox farms stuff and I'm not impressed. I don't use it. Looking at your results just backs that up more.

As a secondary concern, your plants are too big for those cups. They also could be root bound. But i'll bet the farm you have a soil issue too.

Time to get em into intermediate pots. Since I'm the original el cheap-o, I use 4 liter water jugs - cut off the tops and punch a few holes in to bottom for drainage and bob's your stoned uncle.

See if you can find Natures Care potting mix in your area. If not, let me know. We'll look at a promix product.

however when you go to your big grow pots, your going to need some amendments like cow poop sheep poop worm castings blood meal bone meal etc....composed of course. Its not stinky or dirty. Or you can use nutes. I don't use nutes. I grow entirely organically. Someone else will have to guide you if you wish to use nutes.

Cheers

Would there be anything I could just add to my Fox Farms? Just because I have 2 huge bags and don't really feel like getting rid of them lol

You can add in some better soil to use them up.... plus the poop line up I spoke of....

Ok sweet. I don't really want to use nutes right now, my friend has the same strain and he is going with nutes, but I really would like to keep it as organic as possible, it's 1am here so when I get going tomorrow, I'll definitely start looking...in not afraid to change things up, as long as it's for the better! I will keep you updated with transplants and let you know tomorrow if I can find that Natures Care

FYI - I had a deficiency problem recently too. I left the girls in 3 liter pots too long. My main grow rooms were two weeks late in being finished. So they had used up all the natural soil nutes and were suffering. However a transplant into my soil mix and a good hand made cover, they have recovered and are growing like wild fire now.

Heres some photos taken today.
a345.jpg
b203.jpg
c260.jpg

Just want to be sure Sneaky, you're talking about the Natires care from Miracle Gro???

Just want to be sure Sneaky, you're talking about the Natires care from Miracle Gro???

Yeah, its organic. No chemicals in it. Just natural stuff. They are owned by MG, but Its aa stand alone company. Separate and apart from the chemical products.

Ok sweet, I will grab that as well as some 1 gal (4L) pots for the transplant, so get natures cure plus the poop mix?

Ok sweet, I will grab that as well as some 1 gal (4L) pots for the transplant, so get natures cure plus the poop mix?

You don't need the poop amendments right away. This soil is fine for the I gal pots. They are only going to be in these pots a short time and there is enough good stuff in it to handle the duration.

- However-

Growth will get serious quickly. Your main grow should be in 5 gallon pails or a little larger. This is when you will need the additional additives. I prefer using pails as opposed to those material based totes. Water evaporates quickly right through them. And it pulls valuable nutrient's into the fabric. Something to consider.

Once you have them in 1 gal pots, you will have 2 weeks to get your main grow area and soil ready. It comes up fast on you like a freight train.

I will make a list of soil amendments for you to gather up in the next day or so. I will provide you instructions as to how to mix it as well as how to do old fashion covers and emulsions. This is a lost art that works fantastic. No chemicals needed.

Cheers for now and good luck.

Awesome! Tomorrow I'll be gettin the natures Care as well as the 1 gal pots. I am more than willing to learn the soil practice as well, because like I said earlier, I'd like to keep it as natural as I can for the while until I get another room setup. Thanks for being so helpful! Also, I'm sure you looked, I was just interested in the 5 gal pots because I'm only using a 4x8 tent, all the plants will fit in there with the 5 gals? I have 16...thank you

Back
Top Bottom