Autopots, 600W LED, Island Sweet Skunk

salty

K so this is still kind of my first grow (my actual first grow is with soil, two 800w LED) just wanted to do a journal, I haven't seen anyone using autopots yet on this thread and thought i'd share because i am.

The strain is Island Sweet Skunk got it from seedmadness.

Using Autopots in a 4x4 tent my tent will have the same environment as my first grow that is going on concurrently as this one that i am posting because the 4x4 tent is in the same room that my two 800 watt LED grow is in. Autopots are a passive hydroponics system, that from what i can tell are getting good results although not many in the states are using them. I have a 6" inline fan that I'm going to hook to the top of the tent to keep good air circulation between the two growing spaces. Also i plan on putting another 4x4 tent in the same room, these LEDs are definitely producing heat as raising the temp about 10 degrees at the least when they're all running at the same time. I'm not exactly sure how much heat 2200 watts of HID would produce though.

Speaking of lights, Im using Advanced LED lights.

Right now in the main section of the grow (outside my 4x4), i have an a/c unit that has yet to turn on to cool the room but I'm thinking since i started running this other 600 it might start. Also have CO2 enrichment at 1500ppm with a sentinel controller for temp, humidity, and CO2

Enjoy the grow i'm looking forward to this skunk!

Re: Autopots/600w LED/Island Sweet Skunk

Here is the setup in the tent, I'm thinking that I'm going to start mixing these two grows together on this one thread but oh well.

IMG_05069.JPG
IMG_050212.jpg
IMG_050313.jpg

I bought an auto pot system and it came with nutes called liquid earth, I'm a little strapped for cash right now so I'm just going to use the nutes it came with, they seem to be ok as far as i can tell, its a three part nutrient.

The auto pots are connected to a large reservoir, a 5/8 hose comes from the reservoir and the water branches into each pot. Each pot is hookup up to a "smart valve" that will fill each tray when its needed(they don't fill the tray until completely dry in the tray). So the water is sucked up through capillary action through you're medium, I'm using 50/50 perlite coco. Also in each pot i have a air dome each air dome has an oxygen line connected to it bringing oxygen to the root zone. It really for lazy hydro growers you really don't need any pumps ill have one in the reservoir just to circulate the water, along with a little bubbler (maybe a little overkill) to oxygenate the water, you can leave it for days without checking it, just keep the resevior full and you're good, at least thats what they say lol.

Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

It's considered a CRF controled release fertilizer.

I picked it up in one of Doc's journals. His plants looked A-1 to me, so I gave it a try and it works well. And it's inexpensive. (see how I avoided using the word cheap, DOH!!!)

Mix in with the soil, and just add water. Or in a perlite hempy, just add water.

Or check out any of my journals. I use it all the time and the health of the plants is outstanding. I also use it for the simplicity. I can't give them daily care, but they can get watered. I do add other things during flowering, but have done one with nothing but OC+ and it was real good.

re: Autopots - 600w LED - Island Sweet Skunk

Looks interesting so its like a slow release fertilizer? Right now i am strapped for cash but will definitely try it out for a grow to see if i have success with the auto pots, I'm wondering though if since the auto pots are bottom fed using this would be a problem. Also since the autopots are constantly supplying nutes maybe using this would burn the plants. Any way it won't hurt to try once especially if some people are having success with it.
Thanks for the info

salty

I wouldn't use the nutes in the reservoir if using OC+, just the OC+ alone.

You have a good point about being fed water from the bottom up. Might not be a good system for OC. I have wondered the same thing about wick system.

salty, oc+ won't burn u're plants. if u get really high temps, it will start to dump N but that's the only concern. i'm w/hash on the bottom watering. don't think that would work. u should read docbud's hempy grows. there's nothing in there but oc+. if u're using RO or some REALLY clean water, u might have to use a little cal-mag, but that's it. oh, i'll say it....it's cheap! $20 (or less) for a 2lb bottle & it'll feed 20-50 plants, depending on u're setup. good luck w/u're grow!

salty, oc+ won't burn u're plants. if u get really high temps, it will start to dump N but that's the only concern. i'm w/hash on the bottom watering. don't think that would work. u should read docbud's hempy grows. there's nothing in there but oc+. if u're using RO or some REALLY clean water, u might have to use a little cal-mag, but that's it. oh, i'll say it....it's cheap! $20 (or less) for a 2lb bottle & it'll feed 20-50 plants, depending on u're setup. good luck w/u're grow!

thanks man ya these autopots are bottom fed, so I'm not sure although it does sound nice to just mix some of that in the soil and leave it, other than filling the res up with water i wouldn't have to do a damn thing!

Update

Okay so 9 out of the twenty seeds germinated, WTF! its okay probably my fault lol, ill just take clones for my next grow I'm planning on definitely keeping some mommies from this strain I've heard a lot of good things. Also took some clones from the WW that i currently have in veg to fill the spaces in the tent that the non-germinated seeds have left :(

Also a change in plans i am moving my other 600 watt LED light fixture to my other grow and putting an 800 watt from a different brand into this grow, the new one for this grow will have 5 watt diodes, pictures of the new lights and seedlings coming soon, boring i know but the excitement is soon to come!

Not at all if you're not too busy with all of your grows man you have a lot going on i have been watching yours as well but am new so i don't say much lol

Its a passive system, really easy to use all you have to do is fill the reservoir and the water flows down the main hose which branches into small 6mm hoses into the tray which has two pots. its bottom fed and as long as you're using a good medium (50/50 coco perlite, recommend but anything that holds good moister really will work) then the water flows up through capillary action. And because the water is being bottom fed you don't need to flush the medium because salt build up happens in the upper half of the pot where there are less roots( in theory) but this is my first time.

Oh ya the most important feature is the "smart valve" basically its just a float falve that shuts off flow to the tray until all the water has been sucked up by that plants completely. There are not water changes because all the water is completely used up, and the plants get exactly what they need sucking up water from the tray whenever its thirsty. Its pretty ingenious if you ask me and very easy to use as far as i can tell

Also i added the airdomes which is like an extra feature, theyre little domes that you bury into the medium that are connected to an O2 pump and it gives O2 to the root zone.

Hope i got everything they have a website dedicated to it some guy in autralia invented them, basically the lazy mans hydrosystem just fill the res. and you can leave it for days...if you want , any more questions ill be happy to answer.

Back
Top Bottom