Am I wasting my time? Day 30

Indigoism

Sorry for the grammar I wrote this in sort of a rush, thanks anyone who takes the time to read and try help me out I appreciate it

Today is day 30 of my first grow ever, I went into this not expecting anything too great but I can't give up. Can someone please have a look and tell me if I'm wasting my time with this plant or figure out what I'm doing wrong, I know each plants different but I have looked at other plants at 1 month and they all seem a lot more developed then mine. The way she is growing seems strange and she looks like she's sort of dying, her first leaves turned yellow after two weeks (I know these are supposed to fall off anyway) then the first set of true leaves turned yellow and died a few days ago and I can see the signs of what happened to those leaves starting to happen to the next set.

From what I know this is what could of caused the stunned growth and dying..
I have transplanted her once at two weeks into new soil but she seemed to like her new home so I don't think it's that, I did have a spider mite problem and tbh I'm not 100% that I completely got rid of them, I have only fertilised once and that was two or three days ago so I am thinking she might of been starving

Currently growing outside using a 4.5L pot filled with Osmocote premium potting mix, seed is unknown strain, we have generally long hot days, I water her with tap water phd down to around 6.5 when the soil is dry (every day or so), I used Yates soluble fertiliser

image34794.jpg

image34795.jpg

image34793.jpg

one month from seed it's not the end of the world. I would say the plant is a little hungry. I imagine the soil it's in has timed release fertilizers in it... i would look for a light weight seed starting mix to start your babies in next time. This will help form a nice root ball and a plant that you could then put into the osmocote mix.

Thanks for the reply mate I did think I was worrying too much.

I was thinking she was just a little hungry I just had to make sure it wasn't something else that's obvious :p I will see how she goes over the next couple of days

Thank you I will remember that for next time

Appreciate the help :)

I wish you were right Svein...
I just had a good look at her it's been a couple of days, I noticed the next row of leaves starting to go yellow just like the first two sets that died also a fair amount of Orange mites so I gave her another spray of neem oil. while I was looking for mites I noticed something which at first looked like little bugs but after a closer inspection i realised they were actually pistils!? From what I've read as I've never grown before this means she's budding already and you can sort of see it in one of the photos above, I also found out I am pretty late in the season for where I live so I am thinking there's not much hope for her :(

Is she actually budding already? If so what are my options? Cheers :) - btw just watered her before taking pic
image34811.jpg

(EDIT) sorry about the upside down photo and the quality, if you need a better look I can post another pic in the morning

Cheers for the replies guys,

I will get a better picture in the morning rifleman, they are on the stem not between the nodes that picture wasn't very good and exactly im not going to give up on her anything that needs to be done to help her is knowledge for the future :)

Sonic I am pretty sure they are going brown :/ do you know why? Its probably something really obvious to experinced growers but after two weeks the leaves went from looking healthy to slowly getting splotched leaves then slowly turn yellow and die, it happened to the first leaves I knew they are supposed to fall off anyway so I didn't worry but then the first set of true leaves did the same thing and the next layer has brown tipped leaves and are turning yellow

Thanks for your time :)

Hello,
Hope you do not mind if I throw my 2 cents in.
! thing I am curious about is what part of the world you are in? Only ask because here in Oregon, USA, out door grows are done for the year Days are to short and plant would not be able to veg at all.
As for the little hairs you are seeing, relax those mean nothing at this stage in the game, give them time and she/he will show their sex when they are ready. All in all, it does not look stellar and vibrant but it looks ok to me for color. The biggest mistake I think besides over watering, that new growers do is not relax, and not be patient. After all it is a weed and a very tough weed at that.

Will say you have me curious where your growing outdoors this time of the year.
OG

Cheers for the replies guys,

I will get a better picture in the morning rifleman, they are on the stem not between the nodes that picture wasn't very good and exactly im not going to give up on her anything that needs to be done to help her is knowledge for the future :)

Sonic I am pretty sure they are going brown :/ do you know why? Its probably something really obvious to experinced growers but after two weeks the leaves went from looking healthy to slowly getting splotched leaves then slowly turn yellow and die, it happened to the first leaves I knew they are supposed to fall off anyway so I didn't worry but then the first set of true leaves did the same thing and the next layer has brown tipped leaves and are turning yellow

Thanks for your time :)
you are over watering by watering too often. Look up and learn the lift method for determining when to water... watering every day or so is going to kill your plants and those yellow leaves at the bottom are your first warning that you are in trouble.

you have no other troubles. that premium soil has enough nutes in it to get you to well into flower... just use good pH adjusted water and your plants will love you.

Where are you growing, how hot? I once had considerable stunted/halted grow...plants looked like yours and barely grew due to too much heat and sun. This was back in Summer, in Spain, 95F-110F at times.

Australia, it's not actually that hot at the moment but the heats going to pick up I don't think it's the problem but I will keep this in mind thanks for the info :)

Hello,
Hope you do not mind if I throw my 2 cents in.
! thing I am curious about is what part of the world you are in? Only ask because here in Oregon, USA, out door grows are done for the year Days are to short and plant would not be able to veg at all.
As for the little hairs you are seeing, relax those mean nothing at this stage in the game, give them time and she/he will show their sex when they are ready. All in all, it does not look stellar and vibrant but it looks ok to me for color. The biggest mistake I think besides over watering, that new growers do is not relax, and not be patient. After all it is a weed and a very tough weed at that.

Will say you have me curious where your growing outdoors this time of the year.
OG

Of course I don't mind, I appreciate any info/help!

I'm currently living in Australia, I was told I am a bit late into the season here by a mate but I'm still going to give it a shot, summers coming up so I might just have enough time and the days are pretty long I'll have to find out how many hours exactly but the Suns usually up at 6-7 and down at 6-7. Thank god someone answered that pistil question haha, they looked like pistils to me I didn't know they grew hairs like that at such a small size. I believe I was actually over watering her and as for not being patient I am very guilty of that haha I'm trying though :p

Cheers for the reply mate!

you are over watering by watering too often. Look up and learn the lift method for determining when to water... watering every day or so is going to kill your plants and those yellow leaves at the bottom are your first warning that you are in trouble.

you have no other troubles. that premium soil has enough nutes in it to get you to well into flower... just use good pH adjusted water and your plants will love you.

I actually realised tonight I was watering her way too much when my mate showed me his, Just before checking back here I was googling around and read that soil with too much bark can slow growth down as well and now that I think about it she's only really been stunned since putting her in that soil so I mixed a 40/60 mix of sand and the premium potting mix, gave her a little water just to help her settle but from now on I am not watering as often as I was.

Thanks for letting me know about the soil I have never used fertiliser before so was worried about screwing it up, good to know I shouldn't have to worry about it and yes I've been ph adjusting my water for a couple of months

Appreciate your time! Thank you

Sorry for not posting back in a couple of days I was starting to give up on her, hopefully I've sorted everything out and we will see how she is in a couple days or so :)

That's what I am thinking, I'll upload a picture in the morning but I am pretty sure I see pistils and she's growing exacty like what's listed on that thread

I was pretty chonged last night XD not sure if these are really pistils but I had in my mind they were, sorry for the photo quality hopefully you guys can see them. The lower ones have turned brown recently due to the heat im guessing.

when you said hairs @Rifleman did you mean these?

image34876.jpg
image34875.jpg

Cheers for the reply again :) well this is going to be embarrassing if she's actually a 'he' :p my camera isn't that great so it's hard to get a nice quality picture, you said they could be hairs earlier do you still think that's all they are? Because they look like two little white strings/hairs that are growing opposite to each other on each of the nodes, I can also see the next set of hairs coming out with the next set of leaves I believe

Back
Top Bottom