1K 5x5 AK40

11 Bravo

What strain is it? 2 strains White Domina and Ak 40 sumthin accidentally mixed up some AK seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? White Domina is Indica and depending on the AK some percentage of hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg Less than 30 days from cut
If in Veg... For how long? less than 30 days from cut
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? In
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Black Gold cut down with pete moss and perilite (however u spell it)
If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon
Size of light? 1000
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? to be determined
RH of Room/cab? to be determined
PH of media or res? 5.8
Any Pests ? gnats but gnatrol will soon be used
How often are you watering? every 3-4 days when they are completely dry
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics

So this particular grow has been a long time coming. The last few packages will be here by the 1st of october and we will soon be under way. I have dabbled with a bit of growing in the past but never anything over 400w and 4 plants. This go will be 1000w and 10 plants all clones. Right now I have to decide what combination of Aks/white domino ill be moving to my tent im thinking 6 white dominas and 4 Aks. Ill be back on the first with pics of my tent but for now heres a couple of the clones in their current state.

IMG_163516.JPG
IMG_163915.JPG
IMG_169612.JPG
IMG_17009.JPG
IMG_169513.JPG

Hey there King John. Seen ya around these forums and Im happy that you are on board for this one. Please feel free to make any suggestions. This will be a learning experience for me so any advice is welcomed. This is whats going on so far in the tent. My carbon filter and Ozone Jr came in today but I am still waiting on my air cooled hood. For now Im using a standard wing reflector and im keeping the light dimmed to 50% hopefully it wont get to hot.

Some Pics of the freshly transplanted clones.
IMG_17147.jpg
IMG_17139.JPG
IMG_171510.JPG
IMG_171610.JPG
IMG_171712.JPG
IMG_172010.jpg
IMG_17199.JPG
IMG_171810.JPG

Im bored so heres a little update,
Soooooo the center and center front plants seem to be stunted. They are Liiiiiiiime green- Pale yellow. Not a good lime green either. Most of the plants are showing some problems. I am fully confident that they will grow out of it but I still dont like it :hmmmm: I cant check my PH bc i stepped on my meter and broke the friggin probe. New one is on the way. The PH was sitting pretty at 6.2 3 days ago so im not terrible concerned with it for the next few days. The problem leaves on the other plants kinda look like nutrient burn. Ive burned many plants in the past lol so I know what it looks like and thats the reason they havent gotten any nutes yet (learning from my mistakes). . I figure there should be enough in the soil for at least 2 weeks. The Black Gold Mix is pretty hot. Ive used it before alone and it burned the shit outta my babies. This time my mix consist of one part black gold one part peat moss and one part perilite (however u spell it) so I have trouble thinking its burning them. Like I said it seems that most times they grow out of these types of issues but it would be nice to know the cause for future refinement. Ill get some photos later with the HPS off as you cant really see the issues with it on. Heres my daily pic update.

IMG_173310.JPG

Ok as promised heres the pics of the leaf/leafs with the lights off. Now remember I have not given them anything except gnatrol about a week ago in their infancy. The PH was 6.2 3 days ago when I stepped on my meter. The overall garden health is pretty good just some Isolated areas on the lower branches.

These are the two that are lime green/Light yellow newer growth appears to be slightly greener. They are both White Dominas

IMG_173613.JPG
IMG_173413.JPG

These are the leaves affected.

IMG_174114.JPG
IMG_173914.JPG
IMG_173514.JPG

Like I said though overall garden health seems pretty good for now as long as the problems stay isolated

IMG_17449.JPG
IMG_174312.JPG

So after a few days of scratching my head I went ahead and gave them a light feeding of cal/mag and a 1/8 strength does of nutrients. They seemed to respond very well and growth is starting to be pretty vigorous. Im starting to see the potential of this grow. I think Im beginning to show some signs of heat stress in the AK's.Temps are sitting around 90 F during the heat of the day. My air cooled hood finally arrived so Im going to set it up this evening and hopefully it will correct the problem.

IMG_175611.JPG
IMG_17559.JPG
IMG_17548.JPG
IMG_175310.JPG
IMG_175211.JPG
IMG_17519.JPG
IMG_175010.JPG
IMG_174910.JPG
IMG_174811.JPG
IMG_174714.JPG

Subscribed, I have the same thing on my seedling, looks like burn like yours. I use FFOF, with like 35% perlite, because FFOF is kinda hot. I am watching mine close, but I don't know if mine is nute burn or not, might be because I was using distilled water, instead of well water like I was using before. Doesn't concern me much, as you said, I think she will grow out of it.

I agree with dank, I had the same issue with FFOF it is a little hot if you use only the soil blend you will notice some burn as you have. My local hydro store recommends mixing with a lighter soil or as Dank said perlite would help. Also 90 deg f? That is a pretty drastic temperature, you should be shooting for a bout 75f 80 at the absolute most. One last note, I didn't read the whole thread just skimmed but noticed you talking about your ph. When watering it is optimal to bounce your ph around as different levels of ph lock out diff nutrients. I have a chart someone posted in my grow journal for convenience so you don't have to search for one. For soil I bounce between 6.3-6.8, you just alternate at each watering. Ph changes as water sits anyway so this shouldn't be a problem to achieve.

Wow I clearly didn't read it you aren't even using FF you are using black gold... haha. Either way I am sure you can resolve the same, flush some pure water through there if you feel compelled to speed up the process.

Yea man sorry for the confusion but im using black gold cut down with 1/3 peat moss and 1/3 perlite. My ph stays optimal for the time being and Im tracking and monitoring the heat issue but its tough to cover in that small tent with no ventilation. My air cooled hood came in yesterday and I installed it this evening. Hopefully this will fix the heat situation.

Does it decrease the lifespan of a carbon filter to run during veg growth? I am unaware as I have never experimented but if so you may want to consider not using your filter now as vegetative plants do not produce much odor. That aside looks solid, gotta love air cooled hoods! Was something else I was going to add but it slipped my mind :/

Ahhhh I remembered, what time of day do you run your lights? I do 18/6 and have mine turn on at 5pm off at 11 am, helps keep things cool :smokin:

Ya know Viceroy, I could not really say, concerning the carbon filters. From what I have read. Yes. I dont know from experience though. I know they do not produce the smell they will when in flower. However, Ive never grown 10 plants before and they do smell lol. Until I put the filter and oZone Jr in :Namaste:. I live in a 4Plex so odor control is just as imperative as water lol.....Literally.

Back
Top Bottom