1st Ever Grow: 450W LED, Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

Can't wait to see what you pull of the 450V. I was Scared it wasn't going to be enough to pull dens buds so I added my old 400 hps.

What size grow space do you have as all 450w are most definitely not created equal? And what brand LED do you have and, more importantly, what is the par at canopy level?

For example, the par from my 450w viparspectra at 18 inches is 690 and from my other, not to be named, 450w panel is twice that at 1380.

Indeed, my electric bill made a jump as well. I'm not entirely sure how much can be attributed directly to the led though. Where I'm from, we have winter weather for around 2 months and it's very rare to ever see freezing temps. So temps have been raising and my AC is staying true to it's normal temp.

What size grow space do you have as all 450w are most definitely not created equal? And what brand LED do you have and, more importantly, what is the par at canopy level?

I have the same light as 3Go, 450w LED my tent is 2x3x5'. I'm not sure as it's hanging 16" from top coals, 400 hps is about 26" and ran on 50% power most time due to heat.

Indeed, my electric bill made a jump as well. I'm not entirely sure how much can be attributed directly to the led though. Where I'm from, we have winter weather for around 2 months and it's very rare to ever see freezing temps. So temps have been raising and my AC is staying true to it's normal temp.

Your LED will pulling around 200w from the wall. Fortunately, I can take advantage of half price power between midnight GMT and 8 am, so that's 3/4 of the lighting schedule! My other LED pulls 255w during bloom and then there's the 3 pumps, exhaust fan and circulation fan on top of that which add about another 130w. So, all up, I'm using about 585w.

I have the same light as 3Go, 450w LED my tent is 2x3x5'. I'm not sure as it's hanging 16" from top coals, 400 hps is about 26" and ran on 50% power most time due to heat.

I tried to research the viparspectra before I purchased and, had I seen that it only has 690 par at 18 inches, I may have looked elsewhere. That being said, my girls are loving the loving the extra light and, being LED, the heat is not an issue.

Can you manage a bigger exhaust?

How many plants?

Just one at the moment but soon there will be 3 in my tent.
420-magazine-mobile1446753845.jpg

420-magazine-mobile505773795.jpg
420-magazine-mobile52681547.jpg

Hey everyone I'm doing an update with photos soon but had a quick question about this mystery plant....
Are these ball shaped objects indicating this is a Hermie? Or are these what the pistols are shooting out of? I hope I didn't stress this thing into being both genders.

Damn, that is a bugger. Hope you got rid of shim pdq. But don't blame yourself. Sometimes it just happens. Could simply be the genetics.
Tossed shim out last night. Hopefully there's no pollen. As long as there's no sacks that have opened I should be good, right?

Anyway, down to two.
The dark devil's are coming along very well so that's a plus.
420-magazine-mobile64368141.jpg

Yeah, those pollen sacs looked way too immature to have shot anything, not even blanks. You needn't worry about that; you spotted those balls in plenty of time. Good man!

Re: 1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

I don't mind growth in a lateral sense. I would love a bushy plant. But vertical growth is no bueno. Im wondering if scrogging right now would be beneficial or if it would put too much pressure on the branches while they try to recover from super cropping. Keeping an even canopy is a bitch. Idk how people can get it down so perfectly.
The stalks or branches that are a lil taller than the rest just give those a lil pinch to "bruise" it! That will let the shorter ones catch up while the bruised ones slow down a tad! :volcano-smiley:

Sorry for being such a stranger around here! Just a quick update, both girls are doing great and on track. As you can tell the taller dark devil was probably topped a little too late lol. The growth exploded after I did it but all the growth was below where I had topped .

I have to say this strain is a breeze to grow and looks amazing! Im loving the smell of these as well. I'm starting to get a catch a whiff of spices and fruit.
420-magazine-mobile1508975461.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom