1st Ever Grow: 450W LED, Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

Just so you know; I have just supercropped the shit out of my auto. My previous efforts passed by without any discernible slowdown in growth or signs of stress, so why the fuck not? And at only 10 days into flower they were surprisingly sticky!

I was too lazy to takes pics tonight, but I'll take some tomorrow and update my journal and you'll see she takes everything I throw at her. She is a fine looking lady and doing amazing! As I said, The average yield of Quick One is 45 grams, (don't forget it was also supposed to be 59 days from zero to hero) but if I don't get at least 4 oz, I'll eat the roots on dry toast.

Re: 1st Ever Grow - 450w LED - Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

I don't mind growth in a lateral sense. I would love a bushy plant. But vertical growth is no bueno. Im wondering if scrogging right now would be beneficial or if it would put too much pressure on the branches while they try to recover from super cropping. Keeping an even canopy is a bitch. Idk how people can get it down so perfectly.

What I meant to say was that the growing tips (and all parts exposed to the light, girlie or otherwise) will grow towards their god - light. It's what they do. It's their raison d'être - to enable the best conditions for reproduction they possibly can.

As the old boy says, practice makes perfect, but are you seriously worrying about stressing them in a scrog after nearly snapping them? lmfao
Actually snapping them if you're referring to the male I threw out lol. And yes I don't want that to happen again. However if there's a plant that is worthy of being a test subject; it's this mystery plant. Greengo are you using a metal or rope trellis?

Actually snapping them if you're referring to the male I threw out lol. And yes I don't want that to happen again. However if there's a plant that is worthy of being a test subject; it's this mystery plant. Greengo are you using a metal or rope trellis?

I was using a wooden frame with tightly strung string for the grid. Now, I'm just using super cropping and fishing weights to contain these rampant little hoes. They are shameless I tell ya!

If you are thinking of using wire, I would politely suggest you don't.

Wire may cut into them and also make it difficult come harvest time. Plastic coated wire, on the other hand, is far less brutal.

If you are thinking of using wire, I would politely suggest you don't.

Wire may cut into them and also make it difficult come harvest time. Plastic coated wire, on the other hand, is far less brutal.
I'm thinking the string net trellis is probably the best bet for me. Easy to set up and inexpensive. Especially since I might have to buy an additional light soon.

You can't go wrong with string, especially if it's a natural string such as hemp fibre. For me, another light was basically essential for this grow, but I have doubts in your situation. FWIW, if you are considering extra lighting, I would think of side lighting to aid lower node development as opposed to above lighting. That is, if you have the room for it.

I was thinking just an additional 300w. It's still up in the air as to if I'll follow through or not. I do agree that supplementing side lighting would help but haven't drawn up any ideas as to how I'd go about it yet. First priority is making sure the girls make it into flowering without any major problems.

Speaking of other lights, the new light sure seems to be going down very well. Only drawback is the electricity meter monitor is severely frowning on the extra power that is inexplicably being consumed.

I don't know if you were aware, but I was kinda keeping this growth a little bit stealthy, but the eagle-eyed electricity meter hound became suspicious and actually opened the grow room (completely oblivious to the fact I was behind the door) and put two and two together. But I think he still doesn't know if the answer is 4, 5, or 6. He suspects it may just be an elaborate set up to vent cigarette smoke, whilst thinking it must be cannabis. When he moans about the power use (he's not even paying the bill), I just say how mysterious the extra consumption is. :)

I was thinking just an additional 300w. It's still up in the air as to if I'll follow through or not. I do agree that supplementing side lighting would help but haven't drawn up any ideas as to how I'd go about it yet. First priority is making sure the girls make it into flowering without any major problems.

I understand your trepidation, this being your first and all, but chill! You're doing fine. Necessity is the mother of invention, but I suspect she's yet to ring your door bell.

I would use this grow to learn the basics and ponder the exciting possibilities of what if? for the next grow when you feel at least somewhat master of the queendom you survey.

Back
Top Bottom