1st Journal 2nd Grow Sugar Black Rose

PurpleSpace

Hey everyone,

As the tittle says this is my second grow. I happened to pick up some SBR from Delicious Seeds at the Cannabis Cup in Detroit. According to what I have found it is about a 20/80 Indica dominant. The parentage is Critical Mass and Black Domina.

The ladies popped from their seeds Christmas Day, December 25th so they are in veg. Considering that it’s the middle of the winter I’m gonna go ahead and tell you the obvious that this is an indoor grow (I live in the Midwest).

My first grow I did a 5 gallon bucket in a 2x4 tent in the basement and it was just a royal pain in the ass to have to go allllll the way into the basement just to check out my lady and do water changes which also led to other issues but that’s another story. So this time I have stepped things up a bit. I am now using my spare bedroom which is a 10x11 space but I only have the back wall 4x11 area for the ladies. I plan on doing the SCROG method for max yield per plant. Currently I have four 27 gallon totes that I purchased from Menards that I have made into my own RDWC system. One for the res and the other three with room for two ladies in each. Currently I only have 1 in since only 3 of my 5 seeds germinated... the total volume of the system filled to the bottom of the net pots is about 55gallons give or take and I’m using a ecoplus pump I purchased off Amazon. I am using my filtered tap water which has a naturally high ppm of 590 and PH of 8.4. So I have been keeping the PH between 5.8-6 with a ppm of 2020 after nutrients are addedand the water temp is about 74F. For nutrients I am using the Flora lineup with the recommended dosage as well as Botanicare’s CAL-MG and Hydroguard. I take daily readings using the cheap gauges but I have 2 of both the ppm and ph meters just to make sure they don’t go outa wack.

The sun that my ladies see are 2x Vivosun 600watt that pull about 240watts from the wall each and 1x KingLed 1500watt pulls about 230watts from wall. I also have them on Light rail movers to give them that moving sun effect .

Room temp stays around 75-79 degrees F. With relative humidity at 53%. I am using a $100 cool air humidifier I bought from Amazon and it works great. I have 4x 16” oscillating fans, two of which are wall mounted. Currently only have one fan acting as the exhaust for the room which I tapped into the original duct work of the room and attached a carbon filter to reduce/ kill any and all smell. I do plan on installing a intake fan with carbon filter but have not had time or money.

ifIf anyone has any questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to say something in the comments below. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

May your Buds grow fat and your jars stay full.
Happy growing and of course thanks for reading!!

Photos below of the ladies are side then top view, from left to right of the room.

Angelina (A1)
Anastasia (A2)
Annabelle (A3)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    811.3 KB · Views: 159
Thanks man. I almost feel like I can watch them grow at this point.

Hell yeah! Thanks stoneotter. Been bustin my ass off for this to be done. I’ve spent countless hours engineering and designing this room with multiple mistakes along the way. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Thanks Modest! I just popped over to your Journal as well. I need to do some more learning on the whole main-lining/ flux technique as I am sure that would help with the SCROG method.

Do you guys think I should clean these bottoms up some? Or what would some recommendation you have in regards to training? At this point I have Topped both A1 and A2 twice and A3 only once. However when I was attempting to crimp one of the stem to super crop A3 I snapped it .. but she is looking healthier then the other 2. At this point all I am really doing is lst by bending the branches over some to bush them out and trying to tuck any fan leaves under new growth..

Angelina ( A1)
image.jpg

Anastasia (A2)
image.jpg

Annabelle(A3)
image.jpg

Top left is the house RT and RH. Bottom left and right RT and RH are in the PurpleSpace... thought I would share.. the acurite is about 1 year old.
image.jpg

Sometimes it helps to keep your hands in your pockets when you are in your garden.
You’d supercrop a mature plant’s top to stop it growing in to the light. Why would you supercrop a plant the size of yours? For fun, that’s why. If you feel you need practice use any other outdoor plant. If you want your garden to mature as best it can you gots to leave it alone sometimes.

Everything is looking good so far.. ppm is rising slightly and ph dropping that it’s real slow. I am planning on doing a water change on the whole system but I’m curious as to what I should do about the residue build up in the tanks, and if there is an easy way to go about cleaning it... I’d like to keep it as clean as possible..
image.jpg

I would really like to get about a pound per plant so I am trying to apply any and all techniques. My first grow I had about 3/4 of a p but I did over veg by about a month .
But no doubt your right. After I broke A3 I told myself to just leave them.. sometimes it’s so hard not to try and help them tho

Well my back is killing me and I still gotta run the 1.18mm paracord to complete my scrog frame which should be arriving tomorrow as well as hang it up.

If someone would care to explain what these issues with my leaves could be from that would be greeeeat. I just started noticing this a few days ago. The yellowing on A3 is only on the one fan leaf but the brown leaves seem to be ones in the shade if that helps at all.. I have noticed the brown dots on A2 the longest tho.. HELP!!
A3
image.jpg

A3
image.jpg

A2
image.jpg

A2
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom