1st Time Grow

I topped three of my eight ladies.. To see how they would react, my biggest cola's are on the plants i did not top although the ones i did top have five-six cola's.. I'am using 5gal pots things are F-ing huge!

hell yeah. Im going to 5 gal pots this next time. I cant wait..
Im think of not topping any this time. Anyways.. Your grow is gonna be awesome bro, Ill be sticking around for sure. +REP when I can

I will be harvesting my smallest lady tonight! she has been flushed for 7 days now and is ready to go! Its weird how she was the smallest runt plant that had a hard time catching on, but she finished first? She is about a week a head of all the other plants,and has been in flower for 45days. I will post pics later......

My room is about 8' x 12' my table is 3' x 6'
Mos def go with the 1000w

damn don't think i will be able to get away with it :(

currently have a 400w in a 1mx1mx2m tent - on a first grow. while this was fine for three plants the other 2 have not been that impressive, which led me to rotate the plants. due to rotation some of the kolas have grown a bit loose. this coupled with the pics of your big dirty 'im taking over the world kolas' have made me want to upgrade my set up.

i will be able to go up to a 1.5mx1.5x2m tent ( 5'x5'x6.5' ) - thinking that a 1000w with an air cooled hood might be to much

damn don't think i will be able to get away with it :(

currently have a 400w in a 1mx1mx2m tent - on a first grow. while this was fine for three plants the other 2 have not been that impressive, which led me to rotate the plants. due to rotation some of the kolas have grown a bit loose. this coupled with the pics of your big dirty 'im taking over the world kolas' have made me want to upgrade my set up.

i will be able to go up to a 1.5mx1.5x2m tent ( 5'x5'x6.5' ) - thinking that a 1000w with an air cooled hood might be to much

I beg to differ..... if you can the ac cooled reflector in the tent than go for a 1000w make sure you get a nice inline fan to cool it! i use a "valueline" 6'' 435cfm fan to cool mine these fans kick ass! The MORE light the Better! Def upgrade to a 1000w
shoot if I were you I would try and fit both lights in the tent..

Werd, i have a good amount of ducting, and it handles it like a pro. My 1k is sitting at 7" above my ladies, and its cause of my fan and because i use insulated ducting.

Werd, i have a good amount of ducting, and it handles it like a pro. My 1k is sitting at 7" above my ladies, and its cause of my fan and because i use insulated ducting.
Yeah the air i suck in to cool my reflector, is normally 30 degrees or less.. I have been able to let the ladies get really close to the glass..ha

7'' yeah thats nice.... how does the insulated ducting help?

Helps the fan work more efficiently by keeping more of the heat in the ducting. Another added bonus is the fact that it dampens noise by a good deal.. My valuline is quieter than most fans, but did make a bit of noise, after adding the insulated ducting, my temps were immediately cooler, even when i turn the valueline off, the temps dont raise that much, and the fan became much quieter. I still can hear it, but all i hear is a swooshing sound(from the air being moved)

Ermm, I have inline fan on my first grow. It is supposed to be sucking air right? I had to put it in backwards to achive that, not sure if I doing right thing lol.

Helps the fan work more efficiently by keeping more of the heat in the ducting. Another added bonus is the fact that it dampens noise by a good deal.. My valuline is quieter than most fans, but did make a bit of noise, after adding the insulated ducting, my temps were immediately cooler, even when i turn the valueline off, the temps dont raise that much, and the fan became much quieter. I still can hear it, but all i hear is a swooshing sound(from the air being moved)
Nice yeah makes sense.. Im using 8ft of insulated ducting for my intake because of the condensation that forms as a result of the fan sucking very cold air into the room.. I got mine from a buddy, the stuff is like $45 for 20ft.... really does knock down on the noise on that end of the ducting now that i think of it!!!
how many ft of ducting you using?

i'm using about 12 feet of ducting altogether. It doesnt knock the sound down all the way, but it does make a difference. I payed $29.99 @ HD for 25 feet tho. Sounds like its a bit more expensive around ya :p

Back
Top Bottom