1st Time Grow

Cream

Strain-Great White Shark- Indica
In Veg state for three days now i received the plants as rooted clones..
Indoor Hydroponics.. flood and drain, i also top feed
two 3x3 flood tables,8- 5 gallons pots, clones are in 4"x4" rockwool cubes, and pots are full of grodan growcubes.
1000w hps light, AC cooled reflector,435 cfm valueline fan to stay cool
40 gallon res at 66 degrees, room is about 10'x4''x8' room temp stays between 70 - 78 degrees, CO2 is in the future
Nutrients- O.G Mix
Hoping to yield 1- oz's per plant??

shot of room
IMG_3564-1.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3575-1.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

this is one is having some problems
IMG_3568.jpg

Well Cream,
First let me say welcome to 420. I am no Hydro grower but I do know a little bit. It looks like to me that you might have a little nute burn going on. What is your Ph? What is your TDS/PPM BEFORE you add nutes?

Other that that they look good. How long do you plan on vegging them out? The bigger they are the more you will get. Of course, there are always ways to increase yield. Low Stress Training(LST), Fimming Supercroping, SOG,SCROG, topping etc.... All these ways have one thing in common. They increase light to the plant, specifically the lower branches of the plant. Except topping, which gives multiple tops. It does give a little extra light to the bud sites but not much.

Anyways welcome and happy growing:grinjoint:

Thank You Velodrone ,

I only have a cheap fish tank ph kit, it says 6.2 I think? somewhere around there..TDS/PPM before I added the nutes are unknown.. My Caregiver who taught me my nute mix has it dialed in, and i followed his steps to a point,he has been growing this strain successfully for a year now,and does not check his ph or ec or ppm or anything.He just mixes it together and adds it in,with great results!!!. What can I do for nute burn? Nutes to high to many ppm? Will the ladies adjust if I leave everything the way it is????
I plan on vegging them until they are as big as i have room for, I Can lower my table a few inches if needed in the long run..This strain flowers very fast 45 days or so witch i am very excited about! I plan on topping the plants before I put them into flower, when is the right time to top them?? What is Low Stress Training???
What should I do about the canoeing and yellowing of some of the struggling clones leaves???? Is this nute burn?

IMG_3574.jpg

The leaves are curling at the tips and turning a little brown..or looking burnt??Even on the healthier looking plants??
Anyone have any ideas?

That sounds like a PH issue on the curling or Overnute or some of both.

Whats PH do you run? And what PPM?

MJ420:peace:

You need an EC meter. You might try running clean ph'd water for a day or two, replenish your rez with nutes 1/2 strength.

Perhaps you gave them a full strength mixture before they were ready for it. I start at 1/4 strength then go to half and then full if I ever go to full. Nute makers tend to recommend more than is needed for great growth.

ok thanks for the feed back, Ill be looking into an EC meter. For now Im going to leave everything alone for a couple days and see if this is just a sign of shock from the transplant.. The nutes are not cheap,and the have been on the same mix for a few weeks now..Ill post again soon!

Yea, I re-read everything and looked a little closer. I guess I missed the 3 day old thing. It usually takes a handful of days to get established. That one that looks like it's gone into flower will likely take longer. But i think they'll start moving along. Patience is always the hardest part. Good call.

So the Ladies are looking pretty good except for #3 still has not moved.. The bigger leaves on some of the plants are curling down towards the ground on the tips??? I moved my light down closer to the plants yesterday for the first time, since I received the clones it was way to high.It is now closer but I dont think its burning the plants. Im wondering if maybe this is the reason for the curling leaves?? Any advice or Ideas would help thanks a lot!!!!

shark veg - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Curling leaves???
IMG_3579 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
/cat//ppuser/71856

Any Ideas???

This by no means an expert diagnosis, but my guess is their getting too much moisture for the rootmass. I have one plant that does this alot more than any of the others. smae strain, same mom, medium, conditions. She seems to require less water and nutes than the others, then she straightens out. I've never grown in RW but I would guess you could wait days before flooding and not be near dry.

Any one else want to chime in?

I'm growing in 100% coco and have noticed that my small plants do better in a container that will dry out in a day or 2 as opposed to a container that could supply more. You might even just hand water small amount until they take off, I would guess that to be anyday now.

Ok so give them less water... by hand watering... And allow them to dry out more before watering again.

Will Do!!

Im not going to water them tomorrow that way they get a chance to dry out a lil...

Ill post some new pics in the next couple of days to show the results...

Back
Top Bottom