1st Time Grow

Ok so I have not tried any LST on any of the Ladies yet.. I want to wait until there next watering and see how they react, I'm going to take this one slow. Due to they amount of over watering in the first five days after putting the RW cubes in 5gal pots, My pots and grodan grow cudes are still soaked!!! Sucks.. I have not watered since Thursday morning, Im going to continue to wait until the medium dries up more until I water. I will then hand water and top feed just a lil to see how the plants react to the nutes ect, I will slowly begin to water more and more as the medium dries up all the way through to the bottom of the pots. The plants still seem to be pretty swamped!! Sucks
I lowered my light, and I also bought an adjustable thermostat for my fan that is attached to my reflector..It now brings fresh cool air into the room to keep a constant temp, as well as cools the reflector!!! It is only on 1/2 the amount of time it was on before, works great!!!
Ill post some new pics this week as growth continues!!!!

Ok PH is Good nutes are on point!! But I was still having a problem with the pots not drying out "Swampy" at the bottom so I went to work!!

IMG_36341.JPG

Obviously i did not choose the best pots to grow hydro in. There were not enough holes to allow the moisture to pass through the pots/ roots.. so I got out my drill and went to town!!!

This took over two hours for seven pots.. Lots of damn holes!!The grodan grow cubes were absolutely soaked still, and i have not watered since thursday morning. Hopefully all of these holes will help pass moisture through the pots as well as provide more oxygen to the roots.. I pointed two small fan towards the pots new holes hoping it well dry them out quicker..

IMG_36351.JPG

Some of my Leafs are a lighter green almost yellow right at the very tips, I have searched around and looked at a lot of photos but can't diagnose it myself.. Has anyone ever had this happen?? Its just the very tips you can kind of see it in the last photo i posted..???

Pots already feel a bit lighter just after a few hours.... Boy I really hope this helps..I also transplanted the two little ladies to smaller mesh pots for now, to conserve room under the light..I reorganized the room and things are looking clean.. Now Just waiting for the Ladies to dry up! And drink some more...

It has been about 24hrs now since i drilled the holes around the bottom of my pots for better drainage, but the grow cubes are still soaked, Im starting to get worried about the roots getting water logged/root rote.. There is also some curling of the leaves at the very tips still.. but other than that I cant tell??

Has anyone ever had problems with their pots staying too moist???
Not sure what i should do?

Just give em time they'll dry out. You know this shit will grow in the cracks of a sidewalk. It really doesn't need to be coddled as much as most of us do. I think your plants look fine. Just leave em alone, watch for serious problems and don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff instead!

Looking nice dood. Just remember to keep it simple and less is more. It's real hard to under fertalize. Only change one thing at a time. It's a hobby that is very exciting to get into but has about as much action as watching water boil, but over the stretch it's an amazing journey.

Back
Top Bottom