2014 Outdoor Grow - First Grow

Greenhorn84

Hi Folks,
i started m first grow this year, as i moved into a house a little outside the city, where the possibility to find hidden outdoor spots is higher. I started with seeds in the beginning of April and kept them indoors until 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to put the plants into their final spots this week. The spots are mostly between fields, where bushes and other plants will (hopefully) conceal them and prevent them from getting cut down by the farmers.

What strain is it? I have Hollands Hope and Guerillas Gusto, both outdoor suited for my region (Netherlands)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Both Hybrid and mostly Indica, dont know the exact percentages
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg stage
If in Veg... For how long? Approximately 1.5 months
Indoor or outdoor? Only Outdoors
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? I used potting soil from a local garden shop, it is a little pre-fertilized
If soil... What size pot? Most of them will get 7 gallon pots, some larger.
Size of light? The Sun
Is it aircooled? If it's windy
Temp of Room/cab? It's mostly between 10°C and 30°C in Summer
PH of media or res? Un-tested
Any Pests ? Many different types exist outdoors, i've made some experiences with all kinds of hungry bugs so far, i used neem-oil last week, let's see how it turns out
How often are you watering? Depending on weather, it rains quite often down here
Type and strength of ferts used? I have some liquid fertilizer, and used it once on the plants still in pots when they started to show signs of nitrogen deficiency (lowest two 'real' leaves started to turn yellow from the tips)

Let's get started with some pictures. The plants differ greatly in size, i don't know why exactly. Maybe it's because i dont have big enough pots for all of them at all times.

Plant #1
Already in it's final place. I studied the vegetation in the spot, and it seems that the earth is quite fertile and rich with nitrogen, as there where many nettles and goutweeds. It's growing quite fine like i expected it to.
zqKzEtw.jpg

Plant #2
Still potted, I'm going to put her into her final outdoor spot soon. She showed a little sign of nitrogen deficiency earlier this week, so i gave her a little liquid fertilizer, about half the dose recommended on the bottle. I fear to over-fertilize so I don't dare to give them full doses. They're plants, after all, and should be able to grow on their own outdoors right?
6f61pKC.jpg

Plant #3
She's a little smaller and weaker than the others, and also showing some strange leaf behaviour. I guess it's because i put her outside a little later than the others. I think she's having trouble adjusting to direct sunlight, and i hope it'll wear off soon so i get to see a healthy and vigorously growing plant.
YDfVfp4.jpg

Plant #4
I also put this one out a little later than the others because she was smaller. She's doing fine.
lTP53pt.jpg

Plant #5
This is the smallest plant. The hanging leaves are not caused by over- or underwatering, but by the lights in my closet. The lights were mostly under the plants foliage after i put her in a bigger pot, so she put down her leaves to get light. I expect her to recover from that in a few days.
5RgjwDl.jpg

Plant #6
My tallest plant. I will put her in her designated spot as soon as possible, as the pot i have is getting too small. She's having a little trouble when it's windy, but she has a healthy and durable stem so i guess she'll adjust to that sooner or later.
yREOx37.jpg

These are my plants. I will try to keep you guys updated once a week or so. Wish me luck with my first grow :)
Every piece of advice is greatly appreciated as I'm a total newbie with this. I also plan to fertilize one of the female plants later on, to get some seed, as they are pretty expensive to buy.

Greenhorn

Hey guys,
thanks for subbing. 4 of 6 Plants have been moved into their final spots in the wild last weekend, so i wont be able to give updates as often as people on other threads do. I can't visit the plants too often, as i will leave visible trails. I will try to keep you updated every 1 or 2 weeks and try to provide photos. The weather is really bad down here at the moment, we had 50 liters of rain per square meter per day the last days. The plant closest to my house seems to take it just fine, so i hope the others can take it as well. I am a little concerned about plant #4, as the soil in the outdoor spot turned out to be quite full of clay under the surface, so i fear water might not run through it as expected. We'll see how it goes.

Cheers,
Greenhorn

It is great to see you trying something new for you. I will keep a eye on your thread and I wish you the best of luck

Hey guys.
Time for a little update. This will only be on four of the plants, as i wasn't able to visit the others today.

Plant #1 is doing fine. She does get a little lengthy, but i guess its normal, and because of the lack of sunshine the last few days. I'm thinking of topping her, so she would grow a little bushier. Does that have an influence on the Yield? Can someone post a link or sth. on how to do it? Or would a little LST be better so she just grows some more leaves on the part of the stem where there are none? Size shouldn't be a matter with this plant.

Plant #3 is also doing fine. She grew a bit, and i will soon release her into the wild, once i have the time to do so. She does seem to have a lack of leaves as well, or might it be because of her genes? Her Leaves on the top look a little unhealthy, they're a little twisted.

u8LBXrB.jpg

nMmkXcj.jpg

Plant #5 is doing a great job of growing, but i think I'm gonna give her another week or two in her pot. Its going to be sunny next week =)

8zKIAHV.jpg

I would like to give some of the plants some nutrients to help them grow, but its so rainy down here that i fear i might overwater them. How can i prevent this? I read a little about foliar feeding, might try this out. I might also try some organic nutrients, which i can just add to the soil, but i dont want to spend much more money. All of the plants have had some problems with different insects, i've been treating them with a neem oil solution which i sprayed on the leaves, but it only helps for 1 or two days until it's washed away. Does anyone have experiences with feeding the plant neem oil? I heard it can also be used systemic.

Cheers,
Greenhorn

Hi Folks,
i'm back again. So, first things first: I think Plant #1 is showing preflowers, and i think it's a female. Hooray. Here's some pictures of the plant and of the preflowers. Correct me if those aren't female preflowers, this is my first grow.

The whole Plant (it's now as high as my hips)
5CrpR8o.jpg

It has some bitemarks on different leaves all over the plant, cant find out which pest is causing this. I found some ants on the plant once, and different bugs sit on it throughout the day. I'm just gonna use neem oil on a regular basis.
adUOkwI.jpg

Plant #3 and #5 are also doing fine and waiting to get into the wild:
uknOwuR.jpg

SIRIBea.jpg

I also found the time to visit plants #2 and #6, but i couldnt take photos when i was there. They're doing just fine, no pests, nothing.

Cheers,
Gasp0de

Hey guys,
today i had the chance to visit plant #4, the one i put outside in a secret spot some weeks ago. It's doing fine, the field has been cut down, but the plant hasn't been found or cut. Shes quite healthy, except for a little yellowing of the bottom two leaves. I'm gonna give her a little fertilizer the next time i visit. Here's a photo i took, though the colors are a bit strange.
iwMaa1c.jpg

Cheers,
Gasp0de

Hey Guys.
We had a bad storm some days ago, and my plants didn't take it too well. The leaves got damaged more and more, and the very hot weather when there are no storms are also doing some damage. Also, I'm having more and more trouble with insects. Here are a few pictures of the plants leaves, they're showing some kind of illness. It looks like some different nutrient deficiencies, so I'm giving them a little fertilizer (haven't fertilized much up until now, only every one or two weeks if i thought they needed a little support), and hope it helps. Any thoughts on what it could be are welcome.

Dz7D3VL.jpg

kKW4uWg.jpg

cRLR1Ud.jpg

pI0xvND.jpg

Greetings,
your concerned Greenhorn

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom