2021 Sour Diesel Clones Indoors In Soil

Kymike

420 Member
This will be my first attempt at growing indoors. I have grown outdoors over the yrs with limited success so I am trying to learn as much as possible and step up my game. I have an out door mother plant that I took cuttings from and will be trying to grow the clones indoors. I have a cheap 2x2x4 tent with an even cheaper led light to start them in. And a spider farmer 2x4 kit with the SF 2000 on back order and waiting to ship. Growing in soil FFHF with FF nutes.

2A3EDA04-460D-4542-8D8B-926C975C92BC.jpeg

Welcome @Kymike Nice mother plant.

What strain she she?

Nice start to your journal.

Now go to the top of the page and access your profile. Just copy and paste your grow journal link under signature area.
This way our growers can access it from any where you post.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Thanks a lot. She is sour diesel and a quite a bit bigger now. She actually split her stalk after I took the last cuttings and I zip tied her back together for a couple weeks until she started growing around the zips. I cut them off and wrapped it real good in some good duct tape and she seems to be ok. She’s flowering out pretty good now. 2nd or 3rd wk in flower. About doubled in size from that pic.

3B9765E0-BA17-47C7-8571-150A9D9EB1E1.jpeg

I’m having some issues with my outdoor plant. I first thought it was just heat with the tips burning and getting brown and crispy , but idk what is going on with the little tan ovals on the leaves ? I would appreciate any help on this. Just found out my tap water is 8.0 ph. Just started using FF nutrients right before flower in about 3rd wk of flower now. I first thought nutrient burn bc I just went straight to full strength on the nutes. But I really don’t know what I’m doing obviously so I could use some help. First off I guess is get the ph down ?

ECB54135-F3D5-40F5-80B1-A0A6CA77F7B9.jpeg

D64B6E12-72D5-46C2-97DE-4668B916D8C1.jpeg

39829FDA-D78A-4F13-8481-D9A663B7189B.jpeg

What kind of ph meter? Can you drop a pic of it? Are you seeing flying pest? Ever tried yellow sticky cards?

think the outdoor girl may have the clap, aka crotch critterz. Need a $12 jewelers loupe or $30ish wifi mini microscope, snip a fan leaf and look at leaf underside for mite eggs. In a pinch you could try smartphone app called magnifyer. Hard to view with any of these - stability is the main problem, with magnification even the slightest movement blurs the image - snip leaf and lay upside down on table, prop viewing device for stability.

Helps to know which critters, but also be aware that you want to spray leaf undersides and try to avoid spraying buds and pistils. SNS makes good products, micronized wettable sulfur is a miticide and a preventative for rust and pm, also there is Safers Soap, Spinosad and oil dormant spray.Read all labels, shake well and shake often while spraying, spray up her skirt first cuz that’s where most critters hang out or attach their eggs

I would definitely do bud washing at harvest. It sucks but try to do all of your integrated pest management before flipping to flower but its still not a guarantee that yiu will be pest free. Be careful of going outdoors and then tending your garden often times we bring pests in as hitchhikers also keep pets away from grow space for same reason

also if you dont get an answer pretty quick then drop a question on the faq page, theres a great team here to help anyone!

Ok here’s what my situation is. (I think ) My runoff ph was at 4.34 and ppm was 4000. I kept flushing corrected water through it trying to bring up ph. Like ALOT OF WATER ! Got it up to a little over 5 and the ppm went to nothing. Like 350 now. So was my problem nutrient lock out from low soil ph ? And if so , is there any way to salvage this plant. It’s got tiny budlets forming all the way up. But the leaves are all clawed under and hard. And some are dying and yellow with brown spots and crispy tips.

ok I’ve heard it both ways some folks do check runoff but I’ve read a ton more growers here saying to ignore runoff numbers. Think this is a text book case too - a grower has a plant problem and reads a blurb about checking runoff numbers, they do it and the runoff numbers are whacked out of range. So they start adjusting input ph or ppm to get or diffferent numbers in runoff, next thing you know plant hits the wall with lockout or deficiencies. I would trust that FF did their job of building the HF soil mix and setting ph correctly. It’s really hard like nearly impossible to change soil ph via water. Now your new problem is going to be lack of oxygen to the roots because the soil was drenched and compacted by the flush. Tilt the containers to steep 45 degree angle and prop them so they wont roll or tip over. Leave them propped for 24 hours - the containers should pee out some water and it will reset water table to lower level. Those container prolly need to dry out for about 5 to 7 days.

runoff ppm is going to be a very inflated number anyway, chemical salts from your nutes plus fine sediments from the soil come out in the wash.

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear but it’s my outdoor plant that’s all messed up. It was given to me , and in a large pot with miracle grow soil. (I know ) I didn’t know better. And using tap water I never checked ph on until the plant was flowering and started having issues after I gave it full strength nutes (FF trio ). Then I got a meter and my tap water is 8.0 then I checked runoff and it was 4.3. I thought I was supposed to keep pouring corrected water thru until the runoff matched what I was putting in ? But after about 15 gallons I got scared and quit. But it never came up past about 5 by very much. Now I don’t know what to do next ? It’s been a couple of days and it hasn’t died yet , maybe even looking slightly better.

Update on outdoor plant. Well , the flushing did seem to help. It stood up straight and actually stretched a little afterwards. And the buds are starting to fatten up a little. I think she may actually live until I can get her harvested now. Still got bug problems but I think she will make it. 2x4 tent is looking awesome. I’ll get some pics soon. Been sticking with the LST and I have a thick level canopy , I may have to flip here pretty quick.

Well I know it’s been a while and no pics or updates , but… here go’s.
The outdoor plant came through and produced about 3oz’s of some pretty good stuff. My problem was starting indoors and having a big head start meant flowering in the middle of a heat wave compounded by new by mistake of following directions on the bottle of nutes. But it all came out.

3C50B8F1-3163-4407-BF7B-A2B52E5D9A53.jpeg

My inside grow has been doing great I’m in about week 4 of flower. Didn’t use ANY nutes until last week. Just used a mixture of FF HF and OF and they took care of all 10 clones all the way thru veg and up into flower , for me any way. So for the past week I’ve been using FF nutes at 1/3 strength , every other feeding and it seems to be working so far. Got a canopy full of fat buds and I’m super excited for my first indoor grow.

F7C1A4ED-28E4-49B3-890F-E59A5C17709C.jpeg

54162F38-40B7-43C1-A069-6EC68EF0CB16.jpeg

60CC156D-115A-481D-A30F-C1369AEF4A65.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom