Clones In Soil: Hybrid Perpetual Grow 2021/2022

420giirl

So I have 3 hybrid, 1 sativa and 2 indica dominate, which is my first grow and the start of my attempt at a perpetual grow. They are 9&6wks veg flipping to flower, 12/12 light schedule tomorrow. I took cutting (clones) 5 days ago. From all 3 gals bc I don’t have the space to keep a mother rn. I probably should have taken a lot more clones but being it’s my first time cloning, I didn’t want to take too many and risk all my progress! So 7 not 8 it’s is lol ......cloned them on the 15th of May, 2021. Any advice, suggestions, constructive criticism welcomed!! :green_heart: :Namaste:

4-indica hybrid
3- sativa hybrid
peat moss pods
clonex
humidity dome/inside 2x2 x52 SF grow tent
humidifier
T8 led light 24/0
Started to acclimate on the 3rd day by opening the 2 top vents just a bit at a time until fully open
spritzing w water to the inside of dome 2-3 x’s a day, not directly on clone (once a week w nutes, FF,BG)
temp 82f
rh 90%

:passitleft:

7AF1960F-D28B-4732-AFFC-625A09ED6905.jpeg

2815CAFE-B0D2-4DB1-8E67-8A24EE367EDB.jpeg

2A85B9E7-AFCA-4B1B-92BA-0F79FF163E51.jpeg

F0A9464E-6ABB-418B-A957-A69463C88BED.jpeg

38A2B28F-44B3-47E4-9850-4DDF7EB2582E.jpeg

Sounds like you are doing this right with the clones. It can take awhile - some will root quicker than others. Make sure the peer plugs don’t get too dry but shouldn’t be dripping wet either.

Update ******

It’s been 10 days that I transplanted the clones into a solo cup of FF HF soil. I watered today and gave them some FF nutes BG and BB. I’m not sure when to put them to Veg? I’m watching for roots (clear cups) I figured once I saw enough roots I would transplant them into a 1gl pot and the then start 18/6 light cycle? They are in 24/7 light schedule rn. I’ll only be keeping the best 4.

62424F3E-21E5-49FA-9F01-82570F21CFB5.jpeg

DCA804E4-B55A-4F9A-8DAB-70F4817C74D9.jpeg

:nervous-guy:Clone Update:nervous-guy:
We are down to 5 clones! which is perfect bc I was only going to keep 4 but now that the Law has just changed to recreational, the growing laws have also changed. so yeah 5 is where I will be stopping (for now). Right now I have 3 in flower and 5 clones that I took from the 3 plants that are now in flower. I didn’t want to keep 1 mother so I made them all mommies. For me I think this will be my route at least for the next couple of grows. Until I feel more comfortable and confident using other methods of growing. For now I’d just like to get thru this first grow including cloning for the first time which brings me to my first question and update of the week. Today is day 15 in FF HF soil solo cups and day 32 from cutting. They are on a 24/0 light schedule inside of my 2x2 SF grow tent under a t8 light, w humidifier. (Temp 75%rh and 84%fh) my next question….are they considered being in veg rn since they have roots? Bc I wanted to keep them on a 24/0 until I see enough roots, then I’ll transplant into a 1gl an set them to veg. I’m not trying to promote new veg rn just roots, all I want are roots. But I noticed the leaves and new growth aren’t t looking so hot??? They also barely have any roots that I can see thru the clear solo cup!? I’ve been spraying the leaves every other day w a foliar spray I make w FF grow big but that’s pretty much it! Please Help!!! :battingeyelashes:

32 days from cutting from purple Girl Scout cookies, indica hybrid (70/30) 29% and one called Future all I know is it’s a sativa dominate hybrid
17 days from transplanting into clear solo cups using
FF happy frog soil
2x2 Spider Farmer grow tent
T8 light (for now 24/0)
Humidifier
Temp 75%h 84%fh
FF nutes GB& BB every other water
:Namaste: :green_heart:

02285571-C333-4592-8ACD-ED126205FEB8.jpeg

86AF08A0-2F9F-44F8-8523-83A45B241764.jpeg

C0DE4895-8CEC-46AE-A8A8-3EE8249EB7A4.jpeg

D520F7A1-A400-4DF2-B984-3AF987E5D5C2.jpeg

1F77D9AC-1A55-455F-8958-6D4687368A11.jpeg

2B7CA75A-E605-4D2D-930A-5FF339AAEDD0.jpeg

4BC18743-0DA2-40C3-B9B6-1BE2C3FB8F82.jpeg

198BB26C-F434-4051-AC94-52D3D9DED9C5.jpeg

15AD1DD1-FF36-40FF-B448-C33405C55963.jpeg

D1154BF4-D4BE-467A-8DEE-9C85021712C8.jpeg

I’m so sad to report that my clones aren’t doing so well they have been rooting for 38 days in soil and 53 days from cutting. (24/7light) I let them root for 15 days in peat moss pods then transferred them into FF HF soil. I know they all had roots when I transplanted them into clear solo cups but I can barely see any roots in fact I can only see them on one clone. Am I being impatient or am I doing something wrong?? Is this bc I gave them nutes ff GB and BB (fox farm, grow big and big bloom) when should I put them into veg, I was thinking once I saw enough roots I’d transplant them into 1 gallon fabric pots and set them to veg, (18/6) so I really don’t have a time, will this be ok or should I follow a schedule?

9E62277C-6F41-4A2E-B216-4534CBD90A69.jpeg

9CCCFEF8-A99C-49E4-A49E-3D3092B8E3A7.jpeg

C5D68EFF-E9D1-4CB3-B7CD-DB792EAB1A9F.jpeg

13FBB72B-A8A3-4940-82EE-BF2058C329F9.jpeg

618B6E55-A87A-49FD-B893-99B48C1DFDC0.jpeg

2573E236-EFFB-4DC9-9D0C-FDF0CA83D9E6.jpeg

Patience is key. What doesn't kill them will make them stronger.

Always take extra cuts and expect a few to not make it is how I do it.

Always extra plants. The hard part is when I have extra and I have to cull a few.

I'm there now.

Patience is key. What doesn't kill them will make them stronger.

Always take extra cuts and expect a few to not make it is how I do it.

Always extra plants. The hard part is when I have extra and I have to cull a few.

I'm there now.
Hey bobrown14, I totally agree and patient is a virtue is what they say. So you do you think I’m going about this the right way by keeping them on a 24/7 light until I see enough roots, then into a 1gallon. I was going to place the clear solo into red solo cups. I was wondering if I should put the dom back on top or cover them w plastic bags? Haha seems like I would know being that I started w clones difference is they already had a strong root system so I put them right veg. These I cut myself and it was my first time so i made a few mistakes. I’m just happy they are still alive. Thanks so much for stopping by it’s been crickets over here and I’ve been a lil worried. I research and read as much as possible it’s just I have no one in my IRL circle and I love to chat about the subject more than read about it lol :passitleft:

For clones I've done it just about every way possible.

There are a few tricks that seem to work better than others.

Here's a tip

Take cuts at 10-14 days after flip to flower right before the flowers show.

You dont need any domes or plastic (yuk) but it's a great idea to have a small clip fan
blowing on them.

This does a few things but mainly its helping the cutting transpire which is key to getting roots.

I do 24-0 lighting on all clones an seedlings and even young VEG plants.

Another pro tip:

You dont need to clip the tips of the leaves off just cut the stem with clean snips and clean hands - this is critical - keeping everything clean.

Cut the stem where there was a leaf node and remove those leaves. Cut the petiole at the stem and dip that tip into your rooting hormone.

Another pro tip:

Rooting hormone - try "dip n grow" It's what the pros use. Its cheap and effective.

Here's the link with another good method of cloning. I get it off a-zon.

Dip n grow

For clones I've done it just about every way possible.

There are a few tricks that seem to work better than others.

Here's a tip

Take cuts at 10-14 days after flip to flower right before the flowers show.

You dont need any domes or plastic (yuk) but it's a great idea to have a small clip fan
blowing on them.

This does a few things but mainly its helping the cutting transpire which is key to getting roots.

I do 24-0 lighting on all clones an seedlings and even young VEG plants.

Another pro tip:

You dont need to clip the tips of the leaves off just cut the stem with clean snips and clean hands - this is critical - keeping everything clean.

Cut the stem where there was a leaf node and remove those leaves. Cut the petiole at the stem and dip that tip into your rooting hormone.

Another pro tip:

Rooting hormone - try "dip n grow" It's what the pros use. Its cheap and effective.

Here's the link with another good method of cloning. I get it off a-zon.

Dip n grow
Wow thanks so much for all the info it was greatly needed! I think I’ve decided to go ahead and get rid of four out of five clones. they just don’t look viable enough, they don’t look good at all. I’m gonna go ahead and purchase two clones from my local dispensary.
I made a ton of mistakes when cutting. I choose really small cuts from the bottom of the plant right before I flipped to flower. I only scratched one of the cuttings on the sides and that’s the one doing the best. The others I basically cut and dipped Into clonex and placed onto rooting pods (I originally started w 12 clones). I like the pro version a lot better it makes a whole lot more sense to me.
what do you think I should do, should I go ahead and give up on the four clones that aren’t doing so well or dig down deep into my patient and wait it out, do they have a chance, it’s already been 61 days since I cut them. The 1 that is doing ok, I decided to do some LST on her. but the others are no where near her growth progress at all! She is on the slim side but she is growing. :passitleft:

5CE01D4A-9786-4692-993C-912A4CE05CE6.jpeg

24B1825E-C912-4607-B945-F2503ED6367E.jpeg

4BE72075-3369-4B71-8A26-01F0685FF4F8.jpeg

Your clones look fine thats how they do it.

Buying clones even getting them gifted from known expert gardeners that are your friends and you trust is sketchy.

The reason is you can get pests along with the clones from other sources.

This can be a huge problem if that pest is say aphids or hemp mites.
Its not worth the risk IMHO. Your clones look perfect.

I went ahead and started some LST on the biggest clone. These plants never cease to amaze me to say the least lol just a few hours after I bent her over all her leaves were facing upright lol it’s so cool they way they respond to certain techniques. I was wondering since I’m doing LST do I still need to fim or top her later?

ECAE84D7-B664-4B07-8BBD-4C0A43F02F63.jpeg

FC26DD5B-7F9E-45CF-BC11-F6DD7A75E3C1.jpeg

61 day update and we are still waiting to see enough roots to up pot into a 1 gallon fabric pot and start Veg. I’m planning on doing 24/7 this round. I did 18/6 this past veg.

17240C49-8E4E-491A-A31E-9B9ECE14124B.jpeg

37F61CC8-F3EC-4D36-AD31-9D73C2AB33FB.jpeg

Your clones look fine thats how they do it.

Buying clones even getting them gifted from known expert gardeners that are your friends and you trust is sketchy.

The reason is you can get pests along with the clones from other sources.

This can be a huge problem if that pest is say aphids or hemp mites.
Its not worth the risk IMHO. Your clones
Ooops I did it, I bought another clone lol it’s arise and it’s a perfectly balanced Indic sativa hybrid And it’s beautiful. fingers crossed, no pests! My current grow are clones from the same dispensary so I have faith bc I have absolutely no pests as of yet well besides the ones that come up from the soil but even those are very little to none. I was able to keep them under control by not over watering and hanging one of those nasty sticky strips in the grow tent. It’s not in there anymore bc I haven’t seen anything flying around at all! In fact I’m real hopeful about starting a grow outside next spring bc I noticed my little chili plant doesn’t have any pests either and it’s outside but anyways…..here she is my new clone “Arise”. Which I have absolutely no information on at all besides she’s female. I’m guessing she’s around 4-6 weeks from cutting I mean how can I know? I’m not calling her veg just yet she has to wait for the other clones so they all go into veg together, right? :reading420magazine: I’m going to bend (LST) her tomorrow sometime so I can get a start on controlling that canopy, my biggest struggle that’s for sure.:Namaste:

5C043FF0-7273-4EF6-B43F-1902E663648A.jpeg

I’m so sad to report that my clones aren’t doing so well they have been rooting for 38 days in soil and 53 days from cutting. (24/7light) I let them root for 15 days in peat moss pods then transferred them into FF HF soil. I know they all had roots when I transplanted them into clear solo cups but I can barely see any roots in fact I can only see them on one clone. Am I being impatient or am I doing something wrong?? Is this bc I gave them nutes ff GB and BB (fox farm, grow big and big bloom) when should I put them into veg, I was thinking once I saw enough roots I’d transplant them into 1 gallon fabric pots and set them to veg, (18/6) so I really don’t have a time, will this be ok or should I follow a schedule?

9E62277C-6F41-4A2E-B216-4534CBD90A69.jpeg

9CCCFEF8-A99C-49E4-A49E-3D3092B8E3A7.jpeg

C5D68EFF-E9D1-4CB3-B7CD-DB792EAB1A9F.jpeg

13FBB72B-A8A3-4940-82EE-BF2058C329F9.jpeg

618B6E55-A87A-49FD-B893-99B48C1DFDC0.jpeg

2573E236-EFFB-4DC9-9D0C-FDF0CA83D9E6.jpeg
Ok, I’ve decided I’m not giving up on them just yet, thanks for all your help @bobrown14 :woohoo:

slide a colored solo over those clear ones. roots hate light. you'll get much better development in something with solid sides.

slide a colored solo over those clear ones. roots hate light. you'll get much better development in something with solid sides.
Thats exactly what I was wondering but just couldn’t get it together enough to figure it out!! Thanks so much :passitleft:

Thats exactly what I was wondering but just couldn’t get it together enough to figure it out!! Thanks so much

just remember to punch holes for drainage in both. a lot of growers use both a coloured and a clear cup in cloning / seedling so they can monitor root development.

just remember to punch holes for drainage in both. a lot of growers use both a coloured and a clear cup in cloning / seedling so they can monitor root development.
Ok so I added the red solo cup and now we wait. Yeah that’s exactly why I wanted to use clear cups. And I just knew in the back of my mind that the roots weren’t going to like it. But then I thought we’ll I e started clones before from my house plants by placing the clone into a glass of water on top of my window seal before and they rooted just fine and that’s where the disconnect came. I also added 2 more clones for the total of 4. I’ll add their info to their own grow journal bc they are all different hybrid strains. I was wondering if I should keep them in 24/7 light all through veg? Now that they are about 6in tall should I start Veg or are they already in veg? I was thinking they are just rooting rn and once I saw enough roots I’d “flip” to Veg? Are they already considered in veg being that they are clones?

Thank you for all your help with the clones I tried to start! But unfortunately I failed. Well partly, I have 3 of the 12 clones I tried to start and got 3 replacement clones from my local dispensary. I really do want to start from seed one of these grows and I’d also like to try an auto but for now I guess I’ll stick with what I know and that’s barely anything.

Back
Top Bottom